In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are your thoughts on the fundamentals? What beliefs are required for salvation?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but instead want to have a good discussion on what constitutes saving faith according to Scripture.

Blessings,
Dave

daveleau

Apr 12, 2004
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked first. :) Really, though, I wanted to listen to others' beliefs and ponder them.

But, since you asked...
I believe 1 Cor 15:1-5 are the basis of saving faith. Without a belief in Jesus' death, burial and physical resurrection, there can be no salvation because without the resurrection, the gospel is hollow (according to Paul later in this chapter).

I also believe that Jesus is the only way, truth and life, and no one can come to the Father without Him. We need Him because we are all sinners, and the wages of sin is death. We must come to Him for salvation with the trust in Him as our Savior.

What are your beliefs based on Scripture for the basics of saving faith? What is the minimum required?

Blessings,
Dave

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I asked first. :) Really, though, I wanted to listen to others' beliefs and ponder them.

But, since you asked...
I believe 1 Cor 15:1-5 are the basis of saving faith. Without a belief in Jesus' death, burial and physical resurrection, there can be no salvation because without the resurrection, the gospel is hollow (according to Paul later in this chapter).

I also believe that Jesus is the only way, truth and life, and no one can come to the Father without Him. We need Him because we are all sinners, and the wages of sin is death. We must come to Him for salvation with the trust in Him as our Savior.

What are your beliefs based on Scripture for the basics of saving faith? What is the minimum required?

Blessings,
Dave

Het my brother! :hug:

Long time no see.

Brother, you have connected two words that now hated, evangelical and fundamental.

I'm gonna sit back and watch what progresses.

Good to see you again.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

daveleau

Apr 12, 2004
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that the tenor of CF, now? Are Evangelicals (people who view the Scriptures as inerrant) and (little "f") fundamentals (basic truths all Christians believe in) looked down upon?

If this is the case, where does one discuss conservative Christian thought online, if CF is not the place for this? Feel free to PM me with the answer, if you feel more comfortable...

Thanks, Dean.

Upvote 0