loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evangelical Advisers Condemn Charlottesville Rally More Than Trump
While many American politicians and citizens criticize President Donald Trump for not specifically calling out white supremacists for the deadly violence in Charlottesville over the weekend, his evangelical advisers have been more vocal.
All but a handful of the two dozen evangelical leaders on the President’s advisory board posted in response to the “Unite the Right” rally that drew white nationalists and neo-Nazis to the historic Virginia city on Friday and Saturday, spurring counter-protests from interfaith groups.
...it's a start. :wave:
tulc(not huge, but still a start) :)

Reactions: Hank77

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I was addressing your dangling modifier issue.

These comments are a start for Trump or Evangelicals?

I imagine the Evangelicals. Or really anyone who associates with the Trump regime.

Condemning evil shouldn't be difficult. But Trump, whenever he speaks his mind, can't help but equivocate here.

There used to be a time in this country (2015 by last recollection) when we all were able to come together, liberal and conservative, to decry the evil of white nationists, nazis, and fascists.

America is currently a dumpster fire, and we have a mad pyromaniac as president with a fondness of hanging out in landfills with gasoline and matches.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's good to see that many of our spritual leader have some brains and can see through the fog of hate shown by so many these days towards Mr President Trump.
M-Bob

I don't think it necessary to term it hate, but rather the "spiritual" leaders condone and support the self induced fog of incompetence, lies, distortions, and narcissism created by Trump. "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness..." seems to sum up Trump,his ego/character, his rhetoric, and his actions. It becomes difficult to comprehend why "evangelicals" and "spiritual" leaders turn a blind eye to what is so plainly obvious. Certainly not my spiritual leaders ... what is the fruit of the spirit?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There used to be a time in this country (2015 by last recollection) when we all were able to come together, liberal and conservative, to decry the evil of white nationists, nazis, and fascists.
I think we are still there to come together. Notice the OP article from a conservative Evangelical publication. Notice why I posted it. {edit: here's the link:Charlottesville, Racism, and the Gospel} It was not to defend one group or the other or point fingers. It was to point out we as Christians should not be getting down into the muck of racial riots and ideological monkey poo flinging. We should be above that and provide 'the light' in this current darkness.

My take from reading my own OP thread is there are few who really want to address the OP article and just used this thread to continue arguments from other more hostile threads.

I think Stonestreet (and his quote of Johnnie Moore) got it right in the piece I posted.

And still, these events make it painfully obvious that, while we need deft and courageous political leadership, it’s the Church that’s most needed now. Politics will not save us from ourselves. As one evangelical adviser to President Trump, Johnnie Moore, told CNN, “The right remains too passive and the left remains too political when it comes to ethnic divisions in this country. One side underestimates the issue and the other side provokes further conflict. Both sides distrust each other. This must end if we are to find national healing.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was addressing your dangling modifier issue.
Dude! I was wondering if that was wrong! It looked like I needed something on the end but I wasn't sure. Thanks! :wave:

These comments are a start for Trump or Evangelicals?
Well, not President Trump, he hasn't started yet, but some of those evangelical leaders seem to be trying to do what they should have been doing since the beginning (snip). :sorry:
tulc(thanks again!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but some of those evangelical leaders seem to be trying to do what they should have been doing since the beginning: addressing things about their candidate, not just embracing them.

Which ones? There are a lot of Evangelical pastors and leaders out there. You just pasted them all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would probably be talking about the ones in the OP, don't you think? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought) :wave:
Good that's a start.

Now what makes you think these leaders did not already hold the views they expressed?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good that's a start.

Now what makes you think these leaders did not already hold the views they expressed?
I didn't say they changed their views, I complimented them for expressing them. Which seemed (to me any way) a good thing. Although...looking at post #9 I can see how it could easily be taken that way, the whole "address/embrace" sentence isn't really as clear as I think it could have been. huh...think I'll take it out until I can come up with a better way of expressing it. :sorry:
tulc(done!) :wave:

Upvote 0