onajourney87

Contributor
Oct 28, 2003
✟13,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone know of some Christians bands that sound like Evanescence? Mainly, I'm hoping for something with the same crunchy guitar sounds, and a voice(s) that are easy to hear above the background. Somewhat like Jeremy Camp...

And please just don't say "Evanescence is Christian".

Thanks in advance,
osm

onajourney87

Contributor
Oct 28, 2003
✟13,963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm, I listened to some of Project 86's and Blindside's stuff. I personally didn't like them... too hard to hear the vocals(that's what sets evanescence apart from so many other heavy bands I think). But, thank you for the suggetions anyway. :)

As for The Benjamin Gate... WOOHOO!!! They are awesome. I heard one of their songs before but never knew who it was by. Good band, good sound, good lyrics. Thanks for suggeting them. :D

osm

Upvote 0

daves44

Nov 10, 2003
✟15,114.00
Faith
Non-Denom
metal is generally frowned upon by christians, somehow linking ALL metal to the antichrist (ok, ok, most of it is!! :) ). I have heard the band you speak of on the radio and it will be hard to find emotive metal of that calibre which is pro christianity. Metal listeners are generally summed up as people who have lost faith in humans as a species :) The biggest market for Metal is no doubt of the angrier variety from the US, South america and Europe (Sweden and Germany in Particular)

HOWEVER! all is not lost, since i am a huge metal fan i decided to browse google for you and found this interesting link :

metalforjesus is an ORGanisation which can help you out

it might be worth checking out, and the best way to find more bands is to search for them yourselves! then they will be that much more special to you. The sound you will be after is progressive or 'new' ('nu') christian metal, and taking the percentage of christians in this world, i am sure there is a market for it! :) I know nu-metal such as P.O.D and the like are christian, but don't have many more examples

Never give up hope, and i'm sure you will find pro christian metal, but i can assure you that even the most die hard metalist listening to the likes of 'Morbid Angel', 'Slayer', 'Unleashed', 'In Flames' and 'Bloodbath' like myself doesn't make us satanic! :)

Metal is a muscial art which has not been corrupted by the major labels or popular mainstream like most music and the quality therefore, in my opinion, is unrivaled (well, perhaps by jazz or orchestral ensembles). You cannot be a hot, long locked , leather wearing band of studs to get ahead in the metal market. Metal gurus will only appreciate bands who are musically sound artists, and the beauty is, you don't need a face like Britney Spears to get ahead, if you catch my drift ;)

good luck and enjoy some quality music!

Dave

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To get into bands like Evanescence, you need to look into the Goth stream of music because they were in a sense, mainstream Goth. Check out xiangoth.net for a list of such bands. I would recomend listening to Evanescence's earlier stuff. Like the stuff from the Origin album because it's from when they were an Xian band.

CJ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wgjones3

\0/ Still praising God...
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟9,215.00
Faith
Christian
It's not the same style of music as Evanscene, but Strange Occurance has easily understandable lyrics and some crunching guitars. Check out their website at http://www.sorocks.com. They have downloads on the media>music page.

Also check out a singer named Miss Angie. She does what she describes as "glitter rock." I've got her first CD, 100 Million Eyeballs, and listen to it quite often. I'll probably get her second CD sometime soon. She kind of has a girl-rock thing (think No Doubt) on the CD I have, but the lyrics are really bold and thought provoking. I looked for a website but all I got was an AOL page that claimed to be the official site and it redirected to a defunct freebie website.

Upvote 0