• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Europe - Cradle of Christianity, but now ...

Discussion in 'UK and Ireland' started by roman2819, Dec 4, 2019.

1. roman2819

roman2819 Author, "Understanding Prayer, Faith & God's Will" Supporter

+160
    Singapore
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Christianity germinated in Israel, and the apostle Paul travelled west to Ephesus, Corinth and Rome to plant the early churches. Gradually Christianity spread to rest of medieval Europe, and later, the Reformation and other significant movements took place.

How is Christianity in Europe today? I live in Singapore, and consistently hear from native European expats that most people in Europe do not believe or go to church. Why has it come to this?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,670
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Much of the decline is in the Anglican and Catholic denominations. Recent surveys show that protestant churches are staying fairly stable. Having been forced to attend an Anglican church for 3 years, I can understand why people are deserting it. Another force is immigration. Many if not most, migrants are not Christians. I went back to England 3 years ago. There are mosques everywhere. I'd never seen one in England when my family emigrated in 1964.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+5,580
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    We learn from our Savior and Teacher in Matthew 7:24-27 who's faith will endure, and why, and who's faith will collapse, and why. Gradually as you get older, you start to realize these words are for real. It really works as Christ says. It's not just a bonus virtue (to do as He commands), but actually Life or Death.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2019
  4. roman2819

+160
    Singapore
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I do know some Brits at bible study group. The founder of Alpha, a Christian workshop which has been attended by millions worldwide, is Nick Gumbey from UK.

What about people from other parts of Europe? How is the state of the churches in other countries?

5. roman2819

+160
    Singapore
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It is almost like familiarity breed contempt - - or boredom. After almost 2000 years of Christianity, people become indiferent.

6. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,670
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Bayless Conley is an evangelist, pastor of Cottonwood Church Ca. He's done a lot of preaching in Europe. The reason is simple. The local church is dead.

Millions have attended alpha courses, read the books, completed the program. It means little if they do not get born again. Billy Graham said that he would be delighted if 5% of those who came forward were in reality born again.The parable of the sower is 100% applicable today.

7. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member

+2,551
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Faith is a personal relationship with God through Jesus. It can be taught, but has to be accepted by each person themselves.

There is a long history of Christianity florishing and dying in England and in europe.
    Currently we are in a period of decline caused by the fall out from two horrific world wars and the acceptance of God dening ideas like evolution.

What is to be done?

Well candles shine brighter in the dark.

Christians need to start living there faith and accepting the consquences of doing so.