✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
PaladinDoodler said:
Hi everyone. I know that the Catholic Church has experienced a number of Eucharistic miracles but has the Anglican Church ever had any Eucharistic miracles? :confused:
I've never heard of a 'Eucharistic Miracle', but I consider the whole thing to be a miracle each time!
What kind of Eucharistic miracles has the Catholic Church experienced (and I am assuming you are referring to the Roman Catholic Church)?

Upvote 0

TomUK

What would Costanza do?
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2004
Lancashire, UK
✟62,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I believe Paladin is referring to the miracle that the bread and wine literally turn into body and blood.

There are a few cases which are quite well documemented, but i did ask in OBOB a while ago whether these cases have been verified by the Vatican's 'miracle squad' and no-one seemed to know.

I do not know whether the miracle has happened in an Anglican church however (though for all i know the cases i read about have happended in Anglican churches.)

Upvote 0

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
SeenAndUnseen said:
A recurring one has happened in my church, but the Episcopal Church doesn't (to my knowledge) have any official response to such things, nor any established proceedure for veryifying them. Maybe there is, but I am unaware of it.
Can you share the story with us?

Upvote 0

Look Homeward Anglican

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
United States
✟10,751.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
karen freeinchristman said:
Can you share the story with us?

For a long time, the altar guild were confounded by some wine stains that would not come out of the altar cloth (almost weekly some little drop or two of the wine, pre-consecration and post, finds its way onto the spotless white altar cloth). There is, as you know, an entire ritual of cleaning that must be done to the altar linens -- I don't know anything about that end of it myself -- but finally this got so bad that they consulted professional cleaners for advice. After some investigation, it turns out that the stains are actually blood. Real blood stains, where the communion wine was spilt. This is ongoing at my parish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
SeenAndUnseen said:
For a long time, the altar guild were confounded by some wine stains that would not come out of the altar cloth (almost weekly some little drop or two of the wine, pre-consecration and post, finds its way onto the spotless white altar cloth). There is, as you know, an entire ritual of cleaning that must be done to the altar linens -- I don't know anything about that end of it myself -- but finally this got so bad that they consulted professional cleaners for advice. After some investigation, it turns out that the stains are actually blood. Real blood stains, where the communion wine was spilt. This is ongoing at my parish.

The obvious solution to me seems to be to run a DNA test on the blood. I don't know why no one thinks about that in instances like these. :) If it's the priest's or the altar server's DNA, they must have accidently cut their fingers or something without noticing. If it's the DNA of a 2,000 year old Jewish man, it could be a miracle. :)

Upvote 0

Mysterium_Fidei

Romanist
May 15, 2005
The Diocese of Charlotte
✟9,936.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Fish and Bread said:
The obvious solution to me seems to be to run a DNA test on the blood. I don't know why no one thinks about that in instances like these. :) If it's the priest's or the altar server's DNA, they must have accidently cut their fingers or something without noticing. If it's the DNA of a 2,000 year old Jewish man, it could be a miracle. :)

I'm the acolyte at said parish. Poor Father fumbles the chalice often, but not *that* bad.

It's all very interesting, really.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fish and Bread said:
They did DNA testing on some blood found in a Roman "miracle" and it turned out to be pig blood. Talk about blasphemy!

However, some journalist in Australia did the same on another miracle stain and the results were inconclusive. That seems more spiritual to me. I think the Blood of Jesus is not to be lowered or treated like common animal blood.

Anyhow- shouldn't blood stains be easier to get out of cloth than wine?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.