Wichtrach
✟8,948.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ. I wonder, if any of you ever had the same thougths as me.... Sometimes i feel, like everything makes no sense... Or, that everything is pointless. Even eternity with God... Because im a person who thinks a lot. Many times i think too much. I know, it must be the best thing ever to spend eternity with God. But recently im thinking, yeah ok, and then what? Enjoy his presence. Ok and then what? You know, im in this cycle of questioning everything and think, that EVERYTHING is pointless.... Im constantly asking myself, ok and then what? I have to say, that i was very depressed in the past and i wished many times, that i were never born, because life seemed to include only suffering... Sometimes i still wish, that i would simply be non existent... But i came to the conclusion, that its better to be in the existence of God and enjoy his presence, pleasure, joy, peace, love etc. than to be non existent

I hope, some of you understand all this. I look forward to your answers.

Kindly, Simon

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello & welcome @Swissmon87.

God knows about our need to be engaged.
(He is the one that made us that way.)

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9 NKJV

Heaven will be all up side and no down side...!
Eternity, Brian Doerksen/Vineyard Music (1995)

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi welcome to cf :), I’m a deep thinker too, I think and analysis so much , in fact I spend most of my life thinking and analysing , it helps me in so many situations, but also hinders me in so many. In regards to what’s the point he created us for his will and his pleasure .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ. I wonder, if any of you ever had the same thougths as me.... Sometimes i feel, like everything makes no sense... Or, that everything is pointless. Even eternity with God... Because im a person who thinks a lot. Many times i think too much. I know, it must be the best thing ever to spend eternity with God. But recently im thinking, yeah ok, and then what? Enjoy his presence. Ok and then what? You know, im in this cycle of questioning everything and think, that EVERYTHING is pointless.... Im constantly asking myself, ok and then what? I have to say, that i was very depressed in the past and i wished many times, that i were never born, because life seemed to include only suffering... Sometimes i still wish, that i would simply be non existent... But i came to the conclusion, that its better to be in the existence of God and enjoy his presence, pleasure, joy, peace, love etc. than to be non existent

Kindly, Simon

It's not going to be an "Ok and then what?" tho. :)

First, consider that in this life, you might at times in life once (even if long ago a moment in childhood or such) have experienced a transcendent moment, when time seems to disappear (or be entirely forgotten), and you touch or feel something so different from normal thinking/feeling....

One of the best moments in your life. If you can remember.

We could expect that those are only a hint of what is possible.

When there are so many transcendent moments people report, unique experiences ....then, they point that much more is possible.

When a person is depressed it can be like all of that wonderful good experience seems remote or unreachable, perhaps. But that doesn't meant that it doesn't exist. :) It's more sure than sunlight.

As a believer, one of the most invaluable things to help me each day I've learned by experience is to pray as Christ instructed us in Matthew chapter 6, each day.
Matthew 6 NIV

Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
They used to say "Bible" means "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth". In a way it fits well considering how much the Bible focuses on the here and now and how little detail there is about the future. I feel like if it went in to a lot of detail then people would be less inclined to make the most of this life.

I like to think about other planets and possibly life forms. That we'll continue to explore and learn things. But it's a fairly controversial subject among Christians.

Upvote 0

Trusting in Him

Oct 25, 2021
Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We currently live in a place where our existence is governed by time. In eternity the concept of time is probably meaningless. Trying to understand anything about eternity with our currently finite minds has got to be pointless, but eternity is not without purpose. We are told that this is enernal life that we may know God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent.

For me God is the one who has created all things and that includes everything thing that I can see and probably even more which I currently can not see. Do I want to get to know God and to see Him face to face. Oh, yes. Is that not the ultimate for us mere mortal to hope for and to experience?

God is the wisest being that has ever existed. Will he not teach us what true wisdom is, as we spend eternity with him and what about enjoying that immense level of love which we will find in His presence? Does not the bible tell us that in His presence is fullness of joy? We can't understand what this will be like now, but is not eternity with him going to be wonderful.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear there is oppression in Europe and that the church is dying. It must be hard to find support for your faith. Many great worldly thinkers have come from Europe and they all have a following and signification. Sounds like you need some joy in the Lord which is your strength. Jesus died for you and all your sins are forgiven He said in Philippians to rejoice. And if your longing for some excitement try witnessing to friends, family others. Never a dull moment, but wear a thick skin. If you study for it you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
Jesus Loves You.

Yes join in around here and stand for the truth you know. Gather knowledge and increase your faith. Welcome!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Swissmon87

Dec 6, 2021
Wichtrach
✟8,948.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi welcome to cf :), I’m a deep thinker too, I think and analysis so much , in fact I spend most of my life thinking and analysing , it helps me in so many situations, but also hinders me in so many. In regards to what’s the point he created us for his will and his pleasure .
Yeah you are right. I came to the conclusion that its better to be in the existence of God and enjoy his presence, love, pleasure, fun etc. Sometimes im still tempted to think, non existence would be the best thing.... Free of all pain and misery... You know, thats because of my past. I was very depressed and almost commited suicide... And i was aready a Christian back then in 2006. Thanks for your reply

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah you are right. I came to the conclusion that its better to be in the existence of God and enjoy his presence, love, pleasure, fun etc. Sometimes im still tempted to think, non existence would be the best thing.... Free of all pain and misery... You know, thats because of my past. I was very depressed and almost commited suicide... And i was aready a Christian back then in 2006. Thanks for your reply
I understand what your saying, I get those feelings I can’t go on what’s the point myself, it’s good god grace has kept you here, I hope things change on that front for you and you can have a clearer mind on things.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Kindly, Simon

Welcome to CF, Simon. Thankful you are here. I think stepping out and helping others/telling them about Jesus Christ, is a great way to find purpose. It gets you out of yourself. I'll keep you in prayer and hope you find some good things to think about here. In Heaven I think you will just know the answers there to every longing question you have ever had.

Upvote 0

Swissmon87

Dec 6, 2021
Wichtrach
✟8,948.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your reply.
I know i will get all the answers in heaven. Sometimes im just so rired of life... Even tough im actually very happy. I love my job, have a awesome wife and 3 awesome children... I think, that i oftten think too much. And i have a past of being very depressed and also nearly commited suicide... (Even tough i was already a Christian back then). But yeah, i came to the conclusion that its better to be in the presence of God and enjoy his love, peace, pleasure etc. than to be non existent

Upvote 0

Swissmon87

Dec 6, 2021
Wichtrach
✟8,948.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not going to be an "Ok and then what?" tho. :)

First, consider that in this life, you might at times in life once (even if long ago a moment in childhood or such) have experienced a transcendent moment, when time seems to disappear (or be entirely forgotten), and you touch or feel something so different from normal thinking/feeling....

One of the best moments in your life. If you can remember.

We could expect that those are only a hint of what is possible.

When there are so many transcendent moments people report, unique experiences ....then, they point that much more is possible.

When a person is depressed it can be like all of that wonderful good experience seems remote or unreachable, perhaps. But that doesn't meant that it doesn't exist. :) It's more sure than sunlight.

As a believer, one of the most invaluable things to help me each day I've learned by experience is to pray as Christ instructed us in Matthew chapter 6, each day.
Matthew 6 NIV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums