Eternal Conscious Hell Fire is completely Justified

do you believe in a literal eternal hell fire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
here's the thing you missed.

Hell is forever as the bible says, however our time in it is limited before we are consumed by it.

So then why would God make hell for ever?
For satan and his inner circle they are the one's who are ear marked to burn forever according to the bible.

Do an honest look at the bible when ever hell and man's souls come up it becomes the destroyer of souls. the second death. burning in hell is only ever describes as the fate of satan and his closest servants/ the beast the antichrist ect...
souls cannot be destroyed. See souls are like angels, they are spiritual. They don't have mass. That is why angels can go through walls etc, materialize and dematerialize at will. Our glorified bodies will be of similiar construction, as Jesus was able to appear inside a closed and locked room in the upper room after the resurrection. The tense and verbs relating to destruction are such that they are perpetually being destroyed yet never coming to destruction. When I take my old used car to the car wreckers to be destroyed, it is not really destroyed, it is reassembled yes, smashed, yes, crunched if you will....not gone. That is similiar to what happens to the soul, the soul will be tormented, and destroyed yes. But it will be perpetual. As I have made a logical case, a simple death is not enough punishment for 30,000 sins. Please read the whole OP. I won't repeat it here. But imagine being a divine being and being contantly reminded of every time you cussed in traffic, hated your neighbor, were racist, were impatient, lusted after someone of the opposite sex. You have to remember, God remembers the sins we committed while we were in diapers. He remembers it all, and when we are judged it will be for all of it. (minus the age of accountability, if that is a thing, and I am not sure it is.).

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
here's the thing you missed.

Hell is forever as the bible says, however our time in it is limited before we are consumed by it.

So then why would God make hell for ever?
For satan and his inner circle they are the one's who are ear marked to burn forever according to the bible.

Do an honest look at the bible when ever hell and man's souls come up it becomes the destroyer of souls. the second death. burning in hell is only ever describes as the fate of satan and his closest servants/ the beast the antichrist ect...

I agree that it seems that the majority of passages refer to hell as a place of perishing and death for the soul however there are also passages that speak of eternal punishment for man. So I really can’t decide for sure. I will say that eternal suffering, in my opinion, doesn’t seem to fit with God’s character. It also doesn’t seem to be logical to punish for all eternity those who would not repent. But I can’t say for certain that this is not what God has determined to be true. For the most part I’m more concerned with abiding in Christ and not finding out the hard way.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The immortality of the soul is of Greek origin. The bile never says the soul is immortal.

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit alone are immortal Adam and Eve were not created immortal. They were created to have immortality ---but when they sinned, they lost access to the tree of life, and with it, immortality.
Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

We will be changed and able to have immortality again, and have access to the tree of life again.

Rev_2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Rev_22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Hell is not forever. Eternal life is given only to the saved---and they will have access to the tree of life.
We are not going to spend eternity tossing our leftover fruit to those in hell so they can continue to live and be tortured. Only God is immortal, that includes angels. Satan and his angels will all be destroyed in the fire.

Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Eze 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

And please don't bother with the old "this is about the king of Tyre" routine---He was never a covering cherub.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The immortality of the soul is of Greek origin. The bile never says the soul is immortal.

1Ti 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit alone are immortal Adam and Eve were not created immortal. They were created to have immortality ---but when they sinned, they lost access to the tree of life, and with it, immortality.
Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Gen 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

We will be changed and able to have immortality again, and have access to the tree of life again.

Rev_2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Rev_22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
Rev_22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Hell is not forever. Eternal life is given only to the saved---and they will have access to the tree of life.
We are not going to spend eternity tossing our leftover fruit to those in hell so they can continue to live and be tortured. Only God is immortal, that includes angels. Satan and his angels will all be destroyed in the fire.

Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
Eze 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Eze 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

And please don't bother with the old "this is about the king of Tyre" routine---He was never a covering cherub.
the soul has nothing to kill. It's not physical. You can't stab it with a knife, or shoot it with a bullet. It doesn't get old, sick or die. In fact I presume the only way to kill something without mass, is by God himself. Scientifically speaking that is. you would have to find out all the scripture that speak of the soul dying and analyze each of the individually. Which would take time. I am almost entirely positive that the death it speaks of is eternal fire. That is, killing a soul eternally. In that instance it is never dead, but constantly destroyed. For instance my car at the auto wreckers is destroyed but it is not annihilated.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the soul has nothing to kill. It's not physical. You can't stab it with a knife, or shoot it with a bullet. It doesn't get old, sick or die. In fact I presume the only way to kill something without mass, is by God himself. Scientifically speaking that is. you would have to find out all the scripture that speak of the soul dying and analyze each of the individually. Which would take time. I am almost entirely positive that the death it speaks of is eternal fire. That is, killing a soul eternally. In that instance it is never dead, but constantly destroyed. For instance my car at the auto wreckers is destroyed but it is not annihilated.

I've done that scripture study, and I believe you are correct. The critical point is that the NT uses "gehenna" when in the context of "killing a soul eternally" in hell fire, but "Hades" when it merely means the temporary holding point of "the grave" in context.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've done that scripture study, and I believe you are correct. The critical point is that the NT uses "gehenna" when in the context of "killing a soul eternally" in hell fire, but "Hades" when it merely means the temporary holding point of "the grave" in context.

You will never find "immortal soul" in the bible. It is entirely of Greek origin. You can look it up yourselves.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You will never find "immortal soul" in the bible. It is entirely of Greek origin. You can look it up yourselves.

No, you won't specifically find "immortal soul" in scripture any more than you will find "trinity" specifically in scripture.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree that it seems that the majority of passages refer to hell as a place of perishing and death for the soul however there are also passages that speak of eternal punishment for man. So I really can’t decide for sure. I will say that eternal suffering, in my opinion, doesn’t seem to fit with God’s character. It also doesn’t seem to be logical to punish for all eternity those who would not repent. But I can’t say for certain that this is not what God has determined to be true. For the most part I’m more concerned with abiding in Christ and not finding out the hard way.
well this will be easy to discern..

Just list the passages that refer to hell as being ever lasting torment for the HUMAN soul.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
souls cannot be destroyed. See souls are like angels, they are spiritual. They don't have mass. That is why angels can go through walls etc, materialize and dematerialize at will. Our glorified bodies will be of similiar construction, as Jesus was able to appear inside a closed and locked room in the upper room after the resurrection. The tense and verbs relating to destruction are such that they are perpetually being destroyed yet never coming to destruction. When I take my old used car to the car wreckers to be destroyed, it is not really destroyed, it is reassembled yes, smashed, yes, crunched if you will....not gone. That is similiar to what happens to the soul, the soul will be tormented, and destroyed yes. But it will be perpetual. As I have made a logical case, a simple death is not enough punishment for 30,000 sins. Please read the whole OP. I won't repeat it here. But imagine being a divine being and being contantly reminded of every time you cussed in traffic, hated your neighbor, were racist, were impatient, lusted after someone of the opposite sex. You have to remember, God remembers the sins we committed while we were in diapers. He remembers it all, and when we are judged it will be for all of it. (minus the age of accountability, if that is a thing, and I am not sure it is.).

Book chapter and verse please..
Show me where angels and souls can not be destroyed.. Because Jesus seems to think and taught other wise.
mat 10:28
And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him that is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Book chapter and verse please..
Show me where angels and souls can not be destroyed.. Because Jesus seems to think and taught other wise.
mat 10:28
And fear not them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear Him that is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Sir again my car can be destroyed at the junk yard, but it does not mean it does not exist anymore.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.