anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, the book of Enoch makes it seem like they didn't know it was rebellion, they asked Enoch to petition to God on their behalf to apologize.
But dropping the book of Enoch since it's not canon... if the "sons of God" are angels, in this case it would still mean they are capable of sex and procreation, with human females since as far as we know, Angels are all male.
If that interpretation is true well, God considered those angel/human hybrids to be an abomination (since angels are not in the image of God, and an angel/human offspring would also be not in the image of God). They were all destroyed in the flood then.. somehow more happened and Israel ended up killing them all.
If it's not true and Genesis 6 was just being weird about saying humans reproduced after their kind...
Then I guess angels can again be "as anatomically correct as a Ken doll"
I feel convicted your first interpretion is correct.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think the 'sons of God' were Angels then, so it would be impossible that they have sex with each other because they are all men. Why though do you think that God allowed His angels to have sex with human women?

allowed? No. If the interpretation of it being angel and human hybrid offspring are correct, then God saw it as an abomination and destroyed all of them.

IF the book of Enoch is taken into consideration, like I said above, the angels who fathered children on earth, repented, and asked Enoch to petition God for them, and God said He'd destroy all their children and cast the angels who sinned into the pit for 70 generations.
Which is interesting.. Jude who sort of cites Enoch says the angels are chained up until final judgement, and Revelation, the 5th trumpet judgement, is the release of demons from the pit. Which all kinda fits into popular attempts at timing of the 70th week, this whole 6000 years and then a millennium kingdom for a total of 7000 years theory.

But either way, it was never permitted, if they did it it was an act of rebellion, and the products of those unions were destroyed.

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
allowed? No. If the interpretation of it being angel and human hybrid offspring are correct, then God saw it as an abomination and destroyed all of them.

IF the book of Enoch is taken into consideration, like I said above, the angels who fathered children on earth, repented, and asked Enoch to petition God for them, and God said He'd destroy all their children and cast the angels who sinned into the pit for 70 generations.
Which is interesting.. Jude who sort of cites Enoch says the angels are chained up until final judgement, and Revelation, the 5th trumpet judgement, is the release of demons from the pit.

But either way, it was never permitted, if they did it it was an act of rebellion, and the products of those unions were destroyed.
Wow, thanks so much for explaining that, I never knew anything about that at all.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Wow, thanks so much for explaining that, I never knew anything about that at all.
Take it with a grain of salt. it is a non canon book. It fits an interesting theory and interpretation but I don't know if it's correct.
The interpretation of canon scripture, would still suggest that Angels could procreate, but it was a really big sin for them to do it.
Which to me says, if we're "like the angels" and angels could have sex and procreate, and we in eternity, have the body parts to have sex, but there is no marriage... how in eternity not one single man and one single woman wouldn't end up sinning in fornication.
Either you lack the parts necessary to do it so no sin is possible, your free will is removed so you would have no desire to do it, or God has a way for it to be done where it's not sin.

• Informative
Reactions: Redemption25
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Something you should consider is the worship in the book of Revelation. None of those worshippers appear to be married but instead seem to be dedicated to God.
if we consider eternity to just be falling on our faces singing before the throne, then if God truly loved me the most merciful thing He could do for me is to erase me from existence.
Just saying I really hope that eternity is more than just that. #1 I hate singing, it's the LAST way I'd ever choose to express joy. and #2. Monotony like that would just be a second version of hell.
I don't believe that's all eternity is.

Reactions: LAURA J
Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
if we consider eternity to just be falling on our faces singing before the throne, then if God truly loved me the most merciful thing He could do for me is to erase me from existence.

If we are like the angels in the resurrection then it’s possible that we could be going on missions.

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟101,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most Christians say that that need for intimacy is met in Jesus.
and to me that's like.. "but He's also a dude.. I'm uncomfortable with that"
I expect my father, mother, brothers, sisters to be there. The needs of the flesh may not be the same in heaven. For instance, people won't have children in heaven except for the ones they had in the flesh or so I would assume.
I don't expect the soul who was my father on earth to be more than a soul in heaven. I don't think the relationship will be father and child for instance.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I expect my father, mother, brothers, sisters to be there. The needs of the flesh may not be the same in heaven. For instance, people won't have children in heaven except for the ones they had in the flesh or so I would assume.
I don't expect the soul who was my father on earth to be more than a soul in heaven. I don't think the relationship will be father and child for instance.
We're resurrected in a new body, in flesh. We aren't disincorporated spirits forever.
That's one of the promises of God.
A physical, bodily resurrection. That eats, and drinks.
Heaven is a layover, not our final destination.
as far as me....
I expect to be basically an orphan.
None of my family believes, and none of my family will really pay attention when I try to tell them about Jesus. They think He must have been a great person, but they do not believe He was God, or the son of God, and if they even believe at all in any God, it's not in a biblical way it's in some spinoza/agnostic/pantheist way.
It's a "smile and nod" topic for them if not outright ridicule.. uncles it's outright ridicule... mom will smile and nod, Dad I'm pretty sure died in his sin, mom and him were divorced before I came to faith myself, and only thing he'd taught me was well, eastern philosophies, yin and yang.. both he and mom were borderline new age. Sister it's a smile and nod topic.
They "respect" that I believe, but I have a feeling that my own life is used as evidence against what I believe, being crippled, single, childless, disabled and unable to work... yeah it doesn't make the best testimony to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟101,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We're resurrected in a new body, in flesh. We aren't disincorporated spirits forever.
That's one of the promises of God.
A physical, bodily resurrection. That eats, and drinks.
Heaven is a layover, not our final destination.
as far as me....
I expect to be basically an orphan.
None of my family believes, and none of my family will really pay attention when I try to tell them about Jesus. They think He must have been a great person, but they do not believe He was God, or the son of God, and if they even believe at all in any God, it's not in a biblical way it's in some spinoza/agnostic/pantheist way.
It's a "smile and nod" topic for them if not outright ridicule.. uncles it's outright ridicule... mom will smile and nod, Dad I'm pretty sure died in his sin, mom and him were divorced before I came to faith myself, and only thing he'd taught me was well, eastern philosophies, yin and yang.. both he and mom were borderline new age. Sister it's a smile and nod topic.
They "respect" that I believe, but I have a feeling that my own life is used as evidence against what I believe, being crippled, single, childless, disabled and unable to work... yeah it doesn't make the best testimony to them.
You are right. I have the same borderline new age, divorced, ying yang mod hip suave and kewl family myself. Smile and nod but I was speaking about generic family, the ideal one that you would invite for Thanksgiving dinner and not have to do a separate 1 for Veggi 2 for gluten free 3 make separate pies with Sweeta for the no sugar bunch.
I will orphan around with you in the hereafter. You will not be alone.

Reactions: Redemption25
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You are right. I have the same borderline new age, divorced, ying yang mod hip suave and kewl family myself. Smile and nod but I was speaking about generic family, the ideal one that you would invite for Thanksgiving dinner and not have to do a separate 1 for Veggi 2 for gluten free 3 make separate pies with Sweeta for the no sugar bunch.
I will orphan around with you in the hereafter. You will not be alone.
It's difficult to witness to them at all. Because they have "heard it all" but not really, they tune out what you do try to tell them, and they partially believe that there is "a" God, just not the bible, and they believe there was a historic Jesus, but they don't believe the gospel. They believe in heaven but believe in universalist concepts. Pope Francis, which, non believers basically see as the face of Christianity, doesn't help.
Then there's friends who grew up Christians but then "came to the age of reasoning" and dropped it. I hope they're like me and just being a prodigal son for a season and then coming back to their Father but.. it's even harder to witness to them because they know the scriptures, they know the Gospel they just refuse to believe it.
so it's just a sense of "wow, all the people I've ever really known, they're going to hell, and they won't listen to me, and I'm gonna be surrounded by a bunch of strangers reuniting with family and friends.. and I'm just gonna stand around awkwardly like the odd man out when the slow song comes on at a school dance and everyone else paired up before you asked anyone"
That's a big fear for me. being alone in a crowd.

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟101,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's difficult to witness to them at all. Because they have "heard it all" but not really, they tune out what you do try to tell them, and they partially believe that there is "a" God, just not the bible, and they believe there was a historic Jesus, but they don't believe the gospel. They believe in heaven but believe in universalist concepts. Pope Francis, which, non believers basically see as the face of Christianity, doesn't help.
Then there's friends who grew up Christians but then "came to the age of reasoning" and dropped it. I hope they're like me and just being a prodigal son for a season and then coming back to their Father but.. it's even harder to witness to them because they know the scriptures, they know the Gospel they just refuse to believe it.
so it's just a sense of "wow, all the people I've ever really known, they're going to hell, and they won't listen to me, and I'm gonna be surrounded by a bunch of strangers reuniting with family and friends.. and I'm just gonna stand around awkwardly like the odd man out when the slow song comes on at a school dance and everyone else paired up before you asked anyone"
That's a big fear for me. being alone in a crowd.
We can orphan around together. Probably all Christians will know each other in the hereafter. You will not be among strangers. Perhaps that is where we will form our true relations. Families have always been like this, reading the old accounts where there were prodigals, libertines and scoffers hell bent and whiskey bound.

Upvote 0

UnpopularOpinion

Oct 18, 2020
Wroclaw
✟13,398.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who here believes the possibility that everyone will receive an eternal companion once we are in Heaven? I've been researching this of late, and there is much debate about it. I don't think anyone really has the knowledge of what Heaven will be like, so it might be interesting to talk about it. I think as a single person, it sounds wonderful, if it is true, and I think a lot of arguments for it, are very sound that there could be companionship between two souls, and that new companionships can form if someone didn't get to experience it on Earth, but on the New Earth and Heaven.

What do you think?

It's not possible to have sex once you get resurrected new body as far as I know

You can have wife and kids if you survive tribulation and live in thousand year kingdom of Christ's rain when earth is restored , but new earth and heaven you can not have wife/husband , you're married to Christ.

During thousand year rain believers who were resurrected and have new bodies can't have sex / marry ect only these believers who turned to Christ during tribulation and survived it ( half or more world dies )

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's not possible to have sex once you get resurrected new body as far as I know

You can have wife and kids if you survive tribulation and live in thousand year kingdom of Christ's rain when earth is restored , but new earth and heaven you can not have wife/husband , you're married to Christ.

During thousand year rain believers who were resurrected and have new bodies can't have sex / marry ect only these believers who turned to Christ during tribulation and survived it ( half or more world dies )
Adam and Eve were not married.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Adam and Eve were not married.
that is not true.
Genesis 2:24-25 makes it clear that Eve was Adam's wife. Genesis 3 also has them referred to as husband and wife.
So they were married.
I just hope Jesus was referring just to leverite marriage in that it was a covenant and focused around inheritance was done away with. But not the idea of man and woman belonging together.

Reactions: LAURA J
Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
that is not true.
Genesis 2:24-25 makes it clear that Eve was Adam's wife. Genesis 3 also has them referred to as husband and wife.
So they were married.
I just hope Jesus was referring just to leverite marriage in that it was a covenant and focused around inheritance was done away with. But not the idea of man and woman belonging together.
Yes, you're right, I later researched it. I'm with you, and hope in your interpretation, as well.

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Take it with a grain of salt. it is a non canon book. It fits an interesting theory and interpretation but I don't know if it's correct.
The interpretation of canon scripture, would still suggest that Angels could procreate, but it was a really big sin for them to do it.
Which to me says, if we're "like the angels" and angels could have sex and procreate, and we in eternity, have the body parts to have sex, but there is no marriage... how in eternity not one single man and one single woman wouldn't end up sinning in fornication.
Either you lack the parts necessary to do it so no sin is possible, your free will is removed so you would have no desire to do it, or God has a way for it to be done where it's not sin.
Very thought provoking, you make very good points in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Something you should consider is the worship in the book of Revelation. None of those worshippers appear to be married but instead seem to be dedicated to God.
Who were these worshippers? Were they the Bride of Christ ? Do you know which chapters?

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just saying I really hope that eternity is more than just that. #1 I hate singing, it's the LAST way I'd ever choose to express joy. and #2. Monotony like that would just be a second version of hell.
I don't believe that's all eternity is.
I believe my sources are from reputable bible teachers. They say we will be eating and drinking and having wonderful deep intimate and perfect fellowship with one another, and with God and Jesus. We will also work, we will not be idle, but it will be enjoyable and we will never get tired. It will be like eternal euphoric bliss 24/7. I think we will have wonderful adventures too, I think it will be a lot of fun and laughing and loving. It will be nice if we could have eternal companions, but if not.. then it will not be needed because what we are given will be better than anything we've ever had on earth. I remember clearly what someone told me a while ago, he was married. He said that the love between a man and a woman is not pure, but God's love is pure. This is true, but in Heaven, if we get to an eternal companion, it will be perfect and pure, too.

Upvote 0