anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, not in the slightest. that's why I dislike the idea that I wouldn't be able to have an intimate relationship with a woman in eternity.
to be perfectly honest it cranks latent homophobia up to 11 to think that my only intimate relationship is with Jesus, a male.
It's frankly emasculating.
Oh my gosh! OK, I understand..I get it now, sorry hehe Here is a cut and paste of what someone said you might find plausible then.

I don't believe your marriage is literally to Jesus, if you truly love your wife I believe she'll still be your companion in Heaven and New Earth... Marriage to Jesus, makes sense that it is symbolic, part of God's family, not a literal marriage to Jesus..

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 22:30 becomes poison and weaponized
that is how I always feel about it too.
It's a verse that Satan loves to stab me with to promise that I'll eternally be lonely.. surrounded by an uncountable number of people, but still depressingly lonely.
I've felt that sensation before.. surrounded by happy people, and feeling completely and utterly alone.
Being in church, seeing all the families sitting together.. but I'm alone.
The Holy Spirit tries to comfort you, your body tingles all through it, you know someone's there.. but you still feel alone.
To feel alone while in a crowd, is a worse feeling of loneliness than actually being isolated physically and not having another person around for miles.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“Neither marry nor are given in marriage” is an idiom used for everyday business contractual marriages. That is what will not exist in the Resurrection. But what will exits is what God did with Adam and Eve. It is a joining together of between a man and a woman for eternity and continue to have children for eternity.

No, Jesus was clear in Matthew 22 that there is no marriage in heaven. He clearly states that we shall be “as the angels” meaning that we will be single in the resurrection.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So I think that even though we will not get married in the next life, I believe we will be able to have companions including having sex. Not a popular opinion, however.
Yeah it's definitely not the popular idea. The popular idea is that "spiritually intimate" sidehugs are all the intimacy a person needs.. a gesture that is intended to deliberately limit intimacy.

Reactions: LAURA J
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah it's definitely not the popular idea. The popular idea is that "spiritually intimate" sidehugs are all the intimacy a person needs.. a gesture that is intended to deliberately limit intimacy.
I would never try to make a case for that. I'll always chalk it up to saying we'll find out when we get there. But here is a nice verse:

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalms 16:11)

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would never try to make a case for that. I'll always chalk it up to saying we'll find out when we get there. But here is a nice verse:

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalms 16:11)

Yeah.... but even that verse kicks in homophobia. To get all your pleasures from a male.

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What Ravi Zacharias is failing to address is that the Pharisees of Jesus time were marrying the woman JUST TO PRODUCE heirs to the family name. Not for LOVE <3... And they didn't believe in Eternal life in Jesus Christ. Furthermore, in the scriptures spoke about Resurrected bodies being like the Angels he was referring to us being UNABLE to reproduce any more children in the eternal dominion). Our days of childbearing are OVER!! But, our Heavenly companions ( those true love eternal souls God puts us with goes on FOREVER!! ) As it was in the days of ADAM & EVE .. .BEFORE THE FALL when everything was PERFECT he put one man & one woman together that NOBODY SHOULD COME BETWEEN THEM.... that GOD HAS BROUGHT TOGETHER!! And not death shall separate. There is no death, dying, sin or anything in heaven. People need to properly read the WOG. And NOT put their own interpretation on it. Shalom

If a Resurrected body is perfect, then it can't be infertile (i.e., an imperfection); that's a paradox.

So your telling me that people God brought together commited in heart will be Eternally separated, that doesn't sound accurate, I'm Christian but I believe God is not in the business to destroy beautiful and natural companionship between two souls just saying God Bless... PS I think people take Matthew 22:30 way out of context, I believe Jesus is referring to Jewish Law contracts/marriage and not companionships and commitment between two souls God has brought together commited in heart to each-other...
No, Jesus was clear in Matthew 22 that there is no marriage in heaven. He clearly states that we shall be “as the angels” meaning that we will be single in the resurrection.

Does the Bible say if angels have sex? How do we know?

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would hope at the very least we could give full hugs and kiss each other as these are expressions of love.

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

That's a very nice verse.. thank you for sharing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Does the Bible say if angels have sex? How do we know?

It depends on how you interpret Genesis 6.
if you interpret "sons of God" to be angels, well, then yes Angels had sex with humans and that is what produced the Giants, the Nephalim.
It also lends some possible truth to parts of the book of Enoch, including the explanation that God did not give angels wives because angels can't die, which is similar to the explanation that Jesus gave to the sadducees. Considering marriage not being in the resurrection is mentioned nowhere in the canon old testament, it does make me question whether or not Jesus was considering Enoch scripture... as He says they err by not knowing the scriptures.
This would be in spite of the fact that the book of Enoch was not written by Enoch, it is not written before the flood.

If you interpret "sons of God" to be humans, well, it becomes a more ridiculous statement to basically translate Genesis 6:2 to "When the male humans saw the female humans.." which is a big duh moment, because they'd already been multiplying before why throw that line in.. and you'd also have to explain how the "sons of God" went before the throne of God and presented themselves along with Satan in Job 1 and 2. But then you could say like the movie Dogma where Angels are as anatomically correct as a Ken doll.

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Most Christians say that that need for intimacy is met in Jesus.
and to me that's like.. "but He's also a dude.. I'm uncomfortable with that"
He's God, though, and He is pure Love. I think He can satisfy us fully. He is the perfect Father we never had and the perfect friend who died for us we ever had. He says He is the bread of life -- He who comes to Him will never be thirsty and never hungry. If we will have all the pleasures of eating, drinking, working, having fun and having fellowship as we did on earth when we are in the New Heaven and New Earth, then it would be nice to also have an a eternal companion, like Adam and Eve were. But if not, then I think we won't miss it, honestly. I think our finite minds find it really hard to grasp the new and let go of this world. I know I do. I would love to have an eternal companion as I have been single all my life and feel like I missed out of that experience. In Heaven, I can't imagine how much more amazing that will be, if it's true. I did hear recently that any fellowship we do have with others will be much more intimate, and it will be perfect in the New Heaven and New Earth, so I don't think we will be lonely. I don't think you will be lonely. :) Perhaps it will be so amazing, it will remove the need for an eternal companion.. Just some thoughts...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
He's God, though, and He is pure Love. I think He can satisfy us fully. He is the perfect Father we never had and the perfect friend who died for us we ever had. He says He is the bread of life -- He who comes to Him will never be thirsty and never hungry. If we will have all the pleasures of eating, drinking, working, having fun and having fellowship as we did on earth when we are in the New Heaven and New Earth, then it would be nice to also have an a eternal companion, like Adam and Eve were. But if not, then I think we won't miss it, honestly. I think our finite minds find it really hard to grasp the new and let go of this world. I know I do. I would love to have an eternal companion as I have been single all my life and feel like I missed out of that experience. In Heaven, I can't imagine how much more amazing that will be, if it's true. I did hear recently that any fellowship we do have with others will be much more intimate, and it will be perfect in the New Heaven and New Earth, so I don't think we will be lonely. I don't think you will be lonely. :) Perhaps it will be so amazing, it will remove the need for an eternal companion.. Just some thoughts...

maybe, but I'd be disappointed if it was just God flipping on a "happy" switch. Makes it seem more like a drug than anything else. A Father, a friend, a God to us and we His people, sure, but He's not a wife, not children.

Reactions: LAURA J
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It depends on how you interpret Genesis 6.
if you interpret "sons of God" to be angels, well, then yes Angels had sex with humans and that is what produced the Giants, the Nephalim.
It also lends some possible truth to parts of the book of Enoch, including the explanation that God did not give angels wives because angels can't die, which is similar to the explanation that Jesus gave to the sadducees. Considering marriage not being in the resurrection is mentioned nowhere in the canon old testament, it does make me question whether or not Jesus was considering Enoch scripture... as He says they err by not knowing the scriptures.
This would be in spite of the fact that the book of Enoch was not written by Enoch, it is not written before the flood.

If you interpret "sons of God" to be humans, well, it becomes a more ridiculous statement to basically translate Genesis 6:2 to "When the male humans saw the female humans.." which is a big duh moment, because they'd already been multiplying before why throw that line in.. and you'd also have to explain how the "sons of God" went before the throne of God and presented themselves along with Satan in Job 1 and 2. But then you could say like the movie Dogma where Angels are as anatomically correct as a Ken doll.
I think the 'sons of God' were Angels then, so it would be impossible that they have sex with each other because they are all men. Why though do you think that God allowed His angels to have sex with human women?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
But those angels were in rebellion.

Well, the book of Enoch makes it seem like they didn't know it was rebellion, they asked Enoch to petition to God on their behalf to apologize.
But dropping the book of Enoch since it's not canon... if the "sons of God" are angels, in this case it would still mean they are capable of sex and procreation, with human females since as far as we know, Angels are all male.
If that interpretation is true well, God considered those angel/human hybrids to be an abomination (since angels are not in the image of God, and an angel/human offspring would also be not in the image of God). They were all destroyed in the flood then.. somehow more happened and Israel ended up killing them all.
If it's not true and Genesis 6 was just being weird about saying humans reproduced after their kind...
Then I guess angels can again be "as anatomically correct as a Ken doll"

Upvote 0

Redemption25

Nov 7, 2020
anaheim
✟16,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
maybe, but I'd be disappointed if it was just God flipping on a "happy" switch. Makes it seem more like a drug than anything else. A Father, a friend, a God to us and we His people, sure, but He's not a wife, not children.
I think that once we have our glorified body that will make us happy alone FOREVER :) but I do see your point, and why I started this thread.

Upvote 0