Essential Packing List for Deployment: What to bring?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
-A TB hard drive with everything you'll read, watch, listen to. You can put the Bible on there, photos, books, music, movies.
-Laundry detergent in the form of a soap bar. You can get it on Amazon
-Blackout curtains or panels to help you have more privacy & sleep better at night
-Inflatable travel pillow
-Sleeping bag liner
-Quick dry towels
-Sleep aid
-Adapter with multi USB ports
-Ear plugs
-Quality sunscreen
-Noise canceling headphones
-Lifeproof case for your phone, iPad, or whatever

Upvote 0

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Greetings,

I am getting ready for a deployment to Kuwait. Any advice on what to bring and what not to bring?

If you have to ask, you have no idea what you're doing.

I read comments here that suggest you're going on some kind of weekend church camp. Take electronic toys. Take books. Take treats. Really?

Where do you think you're going and what do you think you'll do when you get there?

You are NOT going on a hiking trip to sing kumbaya by the campfire every night!

I've been deployed in the Middle East - several nations in fact. I've been there and done that, to quote a phrase. You will learn what you need when you get there, but if I've learned anything at all from my own deployment to those regions of the world its that Christ may provide all your needs. Your leaders may not.

I say may, because its been my experience that most youngsters eagerly hold to their religion until such time as they become comfortable with their situation. At that time they begin to think their comrades and leaders will provide the security they need. Thus they turn their back upon God in the mistaken belief they know what's going on. In point of fact, they know less than when they first arrived. There is nothing so like a foolish child as a pompous young man or woman in uniform.

"Watch your back" is good advice - so too is "watch your heart."

When you return home you may find yourself in times to come seeking God once again. At that time it will be for forgiveness for what you did when you marched in proud disregard of the justice of God and man. What then will you bring to God? You will have to leave your pride at the door and humble yourself in repentance in order to be washed clean of the filth you've accumulated during your time in the military.

Bloodstains do not wash off. Neither does the passage of time wear them away. In point of fact they become more painful as you grow older.

The only blood stains one ought to seek are those shed by the savior.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would have never thought the reincarnated Grand Master of the Knight Templar Hugues de Payens posted here but I am always pleasantly surprised when such things happen.

Are you joking or serious? Who is this person?

thanks

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Greetings,

I am getting ready for a deployment to Kuwait. Any advice on what to bring and what not to bring?

Well, you won't need condoms, that's for sure. But they can come in handy for keeping the sand out of your rifle.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Well, you won't need condoms, that's for sure. But they can come in handy for keeping the sand out of your rifle.

Not the pre lubed ones; they collect sand and turn it into a sticky, gritty mess. I used the larger black balloons from party supply stores.

• Informative
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Not the pre lubed ones; they collect sand and turn it into a sticky, gritty mess. I used the larger black balloons from party supply stores.

The useful stuff you learn on CF. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums