✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A Buddhist Response to Contemporary Dilemmas of Human Existence

I read this essay and and found it to be of interest. About secularization of the world in recent centuries. Would be interested to hear comments from anyone who cares to read it. Author is a Buddhist. Hope this is appropriate for this forum. Posting it for its relevance to Christian philosophy and ethics.

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I wish to conclude this talk by drawing attention to the fact that religion today has two crucial tasks to accomplish in responding to the vital problems of our time. One is to help the individual fathom the ultimate truth about his or her own personal existence, to move in the direction of the Ultimate Good, the Unconditioned Reality, wherein true liberation is to be found. The other task is to address the problem of the Manifest Good: the problem of the human community, of promoting peace, harmony and fellowship.
I've chosen to address these crucial tasks as a Christian. My problem with Buddhism is that it doesn't focus on relationship with a deity. (God). But I think a lot can be achieved through Buddhist meditation. I don't subscribe to the point of view that Buddhism is the work of the devil.

Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0