Feb 11, 2002
GA
Visit site
✟18,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
There's an interesting thread going on in the CO forum. It's about Scriptural difficulties with death before the Fall.
http://www.christianforums.com/t877639
I'd like to hear what more conservative TE's think about that, since the more liberal ones dismiss those Scriptures as simply errors or at best highly idealistic stylizations of the truth on the part of the writers of the Bible. Maybe you have answers for some of the questions?

herev

CL--you are missed!
Jun 8, 2004
✟36,100.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
briefly, my concern of their concern is this. They mention repeatedly the tree of life--why would man need a tree of life to keep him alive if his body weren't designed to die anyway? Since I am a conservative TE (I believe in a literal Adam and Eve), to me, it makes perfect sense. Man evolved just as God intended. When the first man came to understand the concept of God--that was Adam--he was plucked up and put in the Garden, with a tree to keep his NORMAL bodily function of dying in check. Since God warned them that on the day they ate of the fruit, they would surely die--and they didn't--either God lied or He was speaking of spiritual death.
I'll check in later--gotta go to a meeting

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.