• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

eschatology

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by lambofgod43985889, Jun 1, 2020.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Well-Known Member Supporter

+230
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    i believe in the rapture of the church before the suffering

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) a social experiment!

+5,780
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I don't believe in a rapture at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Pilgrim

+3,164
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    I see the second-coming and the rapture as a single event, and that we are going through the great tribulation since the ascension of Christ. We've been persecuted and martyred since then.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. charsan

charsan Charismatic Episcopal Church

+2,085
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I don't believe in the rapture that was made up in the 1800's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. lambofgod43985889

+230
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    nobody believes me here

6. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+3,098
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I believe that the dead are raised and join the living on that great day. When Jesus returns with His mighty angels.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
    For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

The dead are not with Christ yet, they are raised when He returns.

We who are alive when He returns join the resurrected dead. Together we meet Him in the clouds.

Nothing about a rapture of the church in that passage.

• List
  7. klutedavid

+3,098
    Non-Denom
    Single
    There are a number of alternative interpretations in eschatology. Don't take it too hard. Look forward with us to that great and terrifying day when He does return.

8. Richard T

Richard T Well-Known Member

+575
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Most likely you have it right. God is looking to complete His work with the Jews during the tribulation. Christians need to be taken out of the way for this. Besides, Christians have too much authority in Christ, such as the ability to cast out devils etc.

• List
  9. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+18,024
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Jewish believers in Jesus Christ are Christians. Because the Church of Jesus Christ is comprised of both Jews and Gentiles. The Apostle says, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel for it is the power of God to save all who believe, the Jew first and also the Greek" (Romans 1:16).

God's work "with the Jews" is the same work as with all other people. It is the Gospel of God's kingdom and our salvation which is in Christ for the whole world.

Dispensationalism is not only unbiblical, it is contemptable in its denial and rejection of the Holy Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. JulieB67

JulieB67 Member

+67
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I used to believe in a (pretrib) rapture until I read Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, as well as 1st and 2nd Thessalonians (Paul had to write a second letter because of the confusion his first one caused about the timing of Christ's return) and Revelation.

11. lambofgod43985889

+230
    Argentina
    Protestant
    Private
    it's matter of interpretation

12. Broken Fence

Broken Fence Stand with Jesus. He is with you in the whirlwind. Supporter

+1,110
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    That is my mom's blessed hope and mine too. Just be prepared.

13. Broken Fence

Broken Fence Stand with Jesus. He is with you in the whirlwind. Supporter

+1,110
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Absent from the body is present with The Lord, remember they thought Peter was an angel, why is that again?

14. klutedavid

+3,098
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Depends on the way you interpret the scripture.

I read that a bit different to you. Absent from that fixation with your own flesh is present with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:6
    Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord...

I am talking about the day when we are changed, not when some soul is under an altar.

1 Corinthians 15:52
    In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

• List
  15. klutedavid

+3,098
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Yes, when you really read Luke 21 carefully and 2 Thessalonians 2 carefully also. The pre-tribulation rapture vanishes in a puff of smoke.

• List
  16. JulieB67

JulieB67 Member

+67
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, it really does. 2nd Thessalonians really nailed it for me. And when you put it all together...

I was taught the pretrib rapture growing up church and never thought to doubt it, etc. I was fed scriptures, etc. and never once thought to really dive into it for myself. So what an eye opener (Praise God that he opened my eyes) years later when I read the bible for myself and saw that it was not biblical.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • List