Canberra
✟17,800.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Some nights ago, I was reading the Bible and needed some clarity, so I looked at another Bible translation. Unfortunately, the two verses didn't match up and I felt one was leading me astray. Then a thought came to mind, "Ask and you shall receive". So I prayed; Most High God, Father of the Son Jesus Christ, which Bible translation should I consider The Lords Truth. Then I finished my prayers and went to sleep. Later that night while dreaming the word "muddied" came to me. So half awake, I wrote it on paper and went back to sleep.

The next morning I saw "muddied" written on the paper. Directly underneath were the words, "Source is light", but I only faintly remember hearing that. The word "muddied" perfectly described the feeling of last night, so I prayed and gave thanks to the Father.

Later, searching the Bible for the word "muddied" gave no results. Trying "muddy" or "mud", still had no results. I then switched from The King James translation to the New International version and searching "muddied" again, there were 3 results. The word "muddy" had 2 results, and the word "mud" had 20 results. You can search and confirm these results for yourself, but here are just some of the verses.

Isaiah 57:20, (NIV), But the wicked are like the tossing sea, which cannot rest, whose waves cast up mire and mud.

Proverbs 25:26, (NIV), Like a muddied spring or a polluted well are the righteous who give way to the wicked.

Ezekiel 32:2, (NIV), “Son of man, take up a lament concerning Pharaoh king of Egypt and say to him: “‘You are like a lion among the nations; you are like a monster in the seas thrashing about in your streams, churning the water with your feet and muddying the streams.

Zechariah 10:5, (NIV), Together they will be like warriors in battle trampling their enemy into the mud of the streets. They will fight because the Lord is with them, and they will put the enemy horsemen to shame.

John 9:15, (NIV), Therefore the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. “He put mud on my eyes,” the man replied, “and I washed, and now I see.”

Doing this search on other Bible translations produced many different results, however, they all seemed to echo a similar theme. I also keep being reminded of the Churches in the Book of Revelation.

Later, an internet search on "Source is light" showed mainly electrical products, however, nestled in the results was: GOD: Source of Light - Grace to You. Clicking on the link a paragraph shouted out:

"And this is the message we have heard from Him and announced to you, that God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all."

As I was leaving I noticed: If you removed the ads from the search results then that page would be listed at number 7.

Not long after, I started comparing the different translated verses in chapter context.

Ezekiel 32:13

[KJV] I will destroy also all the beasts thereof from beside the great waters; neither shall the foot of man trouble them any more, nor the hoofs of beasts trouble them.

[NIV] I will destroy all her cattle from beside abundant waters no longer to be stirred by the foot of man or muddied by the hooves of cattle.

Soon after, I was recalling "ask and you will receive", and it came to me to compare the translations of James 1:5 At first the comparisons of these verses seemed similar until I got to James 1:6

[KJV] But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

[NIV] But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

One verse clearly describes a path to God through Faith, while the other removes faith altogether. I can't help but get the feeling I'm being asked to tell a story.

I returned to the Source is Light page and listened to the sermon. Not long after, I heard some words that catapulted me back some 26 years ago. At that time, I was asking God for answers and I could picture the exact place I was. I knew that this was The Lords way of telling me it was Him listening all those years ago. I also listened to another sermon by the same Pastor, and I could hear that his path was difficult, but the Lord said there is a message here. I hope he finds.

The next week was spent experiencing a flood of new information about life and the ways of God. I have spent most of my life searching for God, but I had only really "known him" in the last 7 months. The only way I really found The Father was by following the path of Jesus The Christ. And I am ever so glad I did.

Trying to write this story was difficult, so I asked for guidance. The next day, "Get out of your way" was written on the paper. I came to understand that if I started to get in my own way, I could ask, "Father, Son and Holy Spirit, please help me to get out of my way so I can follow your way".

Not long after, the words "Escape Mud" came and it felt like the name and direction

The next day, I also received a vision;

I was standing in front of a bathroom looking in. It was pure white, sparkling clean and glistening. I walked in the doorway, closed the door and locked it behind me. Soon after I could see the door knob rattling. I could see someone was trying to get in, but the door was locked, because I had locked it. I then felt this overwhelming deep sadness come over me, couple with the fact, I had spent most of my life, being the one, trying to open that door.

Days passed and I was still struggling to get out of my way, so I prayed and asked The Lord for help. The next day I was listening to someone in the Holy Spirit and he had a message for me. The message was: "Let me hold the pen now, let me do in you and through you what you have been trying to do for me".

So I started again from scratch and I think it's done now.

• Friendly
Reactions: honey badger
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The experience was mine, but the words where not, does that make sense? the more I understood it the more I could not write it, I had to get help from the Holy Spirit.

i hear you ... Jesus said I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it.

and yet they were his words ...

it is to have the mind of Christ, a mind which labors for nothing ...

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The experience was mine, but the words where not, does that make sense? the more I understood it the more I could not write it, I had to get help from the Holy Spirit.

"the more I understood it the more I could not write it,"

Paul likened these things ( being without measure ) unlawful for man to utter...

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Regarding James 1:6 the greek word used for faith/belief is Pistis. This word actually means faith/faithfulness however it is used in the following ways: faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness. It's still the same meaning. To believe in something is to have faith that it is true. If one believes 1+1=2 and confirms that it is fact, there is no faith but rather knowledge. Belief doesn't involve confirming that the belief is fact, but rather it is believing in something that is not confirmable to us...which is faith.

Upvote 0

Element432

Sep 3, 2021
Canberra
✟17,800.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Paul likened these things ( being without measure ) unlawful for man to utter...
I prayed "Father, Son and Holy Spirit, please help me to get out of my way so I can follow your way". so many times. I still pray it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Element432

Sep 3, 2021
Canberra
✟17,800.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Regarding James 1:6 the greek word used for faith/belief is Pistis. This word actually means faith/faithfulness however it is used in the following ways: faith, belief, trust, confidence; fidelity, faithfulness. It's still the same meaning. To believe in something is to have faith that it is true. If one believes 1+1=2 and confirms that it is fact, there is no faith but rather knowledge. Belief doesn't involve confirming that the belief is fact, but rather it is believing in something that is not confirmable to us...which is faith.
It is good you know that, but what if you didn't know that?

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then I would have to look up the definition of belief...which is: an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists and trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I prayed "Father, Son and Holy Spirit, please help me to get out of my way so I can follow your way". so many times. I still pray it.

one can not flee from what one cannot see ... the vision He gave you is showing you what it is you must turn from, understanding the kingdom is not of gain and therefor we can not come in our own name ...

Upvote 0

Element432

Sep 3, 2021
Canberra
✟17,800.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
one can not flee from what one cannot see ... the vision He gave you is showing you what it is you must turn from, understanding the kingdom is not of gain and therefor we can not come in our own name ...
The vision had a different meaning to me. "get out of you way" to me means Be Still. Put simply,
Stop Thinking to hear God.

• Agree
Reactions: honey badger
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The vision had a different meaning to me. "get out of you way" to me means Be Still. Put simply,
Stop Thinking to hear God.

exactly ... it is our own reasoning between two fruits of a tree we must turn from ....

how many ways can a truth be spoken .....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Element432

Sep 3, 2021
Canberra
✟17,800.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Then I would have to look up the definition of belief...which is: an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists and trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.
Sure, reading Strong's is fun, or, if it is crystal clear you could just do it.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, but went I saw "get out of you way" I was in awe of its elegance. It quickly found its way into a chorus of one of a song I'm working on.

its our own soul that forbids us entry, and for this reason we are to lose it, which is one and the same as picking up our cross as it is to keep the law of "thou shall not eat of it" etc etc etc

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, but went I saw "get out of you way" I was in awe of its elegance. It quickly found its way into a chorus of one of a song I'm working on.

the rattling of the door knob is in picture your laboring to enter ... it is an attempt to enter in some other way ...

Upvote 0

Element432

Sep 3, 2021
Canberra
✟17,800.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
its our own soul that forbids us entry, and for this reason we are to lose it, which is one and the same as picking up our cross as it is to keep the law of "thou shall not eat of it" etc etc etc
Not sure I understand what you mean.

Upvote 0