Eritrean prisoners of faith need our prayers.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Prisoner’s one request: pray for Eritrea!

Our dear sister Twen (pictured) has spent 13 years behind bars in Eritrea. Despite having suffered brutal treatment this young woman, who is described as a ‘precious, lovely Christian’ by those who know her, is more concerned about others than for her own wellbeing.

We recently managed through contacts to find out how she is doing in prison and how we could pray for her. Her reply was simple yet deeply humbling: she said she had only one prayer request – that God would be glorified in Eritrea!

Praise God for this remarkable woman, whose love and witness are in fact glorifying God in a harsh Eritrean prison and inspiring fellow believers.

Twen, who is in her thirties, and the other Eritrean prisoners of faith need our prayers. Pray for their release but also that they would remain united. Sometimes there is conflict among the prisoners simply because they are locked up together for 24 hours, day after day.

You can find out more about Twen by clicking here or on the image. Twen features in former prisoner Helen Berhane’s book Song of the Nightingale under the name of ‘Esther’. As well as being tortured herself, Twen on occasions took the punishment for Helen, and looked after her when she was unwell.

Thank you for supporting Twen and all those who are in prison because of their love for Christ.

Release provides Eritrean prisoners (and ex-prisoners who are unable to find work) and their families with practical support such as food, medical supplies and clothing. We also support wider church work in the country.

UPDATE
Prisoner of faith Asia Bibi, who was acquitted of blasphemy by the Supreme Court in Pakistan just over two weeks ago, is reportedly still in protective custody in Pakistan due to threats from the Islamist political party Tehreek-e-Labbaik, which is demanding her execution. There have been calls, most recently by Scottish church leaders, for the UK to offer Asia asylum. Click herefor a profile on Asia Bibi.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for providing this info about how our brothers and sisters in Christ are suffering. My fervent prayers are with them, especially that they may feel God's hope!
You're so welcome and I thank you back. :) It always really touches my heart when I hear that people are praying for our persecuted brothers and sisters.

Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You're so welcome and I thank you back. :) It always really touches my heart when I hear that people are praying for our persecuted brothers and sisters.

For years God has led me to pray for Christians being persecuted. My family has gone through some very hards times, but I know that our suffering is so much less than theirs. I read a book titled The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun, a Chinese house church leader, who has suffered so much for his faith. It encouraged me to see how God got him and his family through their hard times. It's a great read!

• Informative
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
For years God has led me to pray for Christians being persecuted. My family has gone through some very hards times, but I know that our suffering is so much less than theirs. I read a book titled The Heavenly Man by Brother Yun, a Chinese house church leader, who has suffered so much for his faith. It encouraged me to see how God got him and his family through their hard times. It's a great read!
That is very interesting. The Father has led me to post here, in fact. I am like you in realizing that whatever I have suffered for my faith, it is as nothing compared to what the people in these posts have gone through.

Upvote 0