• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Eritrean bishops protest government seizure of Catholic schools

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+23,920
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+7,889
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Lord have mercy. The Eritrean government is really out of control, and oppressing everyone there who they suspect of being disloyal. I had read some time ago about the government's threats to Catholic-owned property (they had already taken some over some time ago, as it says in the article), but this is the first I've heard of a mass seizure of schools. How awful.

Isaias Afwerki and his cronies will have a lot to answer for how they have treated Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant Christians throughout the country! (I have heard they mistreat Muslims as well, and I don't doubt it, but I don't know any details on that.) The Eritrean people didn't fight such a long fight for independence only to put under the thumb of a dictator. When he falls -- not if, but when -- it will likely not be pretty. Again, Lord have mercy. And may all seized properties, falsely imprisoned clergy and patriarchs, and compromised laity be returned to their proper places in peace.