M

mothcorrupteth

I haven't read the book, but...

Hmmm, a female rebel leader ditches her last great hope in the middle of nowhere, where it's found by a humble farm boy whose best friend has decided to leave home to see the world. Rebel leader is captured, farm boy's uncle gets toasted, farm boy links up with condescending old man who used to use magic but was betrayed by one of his own, and the evil king's minions (who rose to power by betraying the entire kingdom and killing all the other magic-users) chases farm boy while old man teaches him magic. Farm boy gets the crazy idea to go the evil fortress to rescue the rebel leader, old man dies helping them all escape, and the bad guys track them as they flee to the rebel base. Final battle is epic and deperate and the hero proves he's got what it takes to bring down the evil king's minions.

Man, I've got the feeling I've seen this plot somewhere before, but where was it?

No, seriously, I half expected the Millennium Falcon to come swooping in on Durza and his shadow-dust demon at the end there and was sorely disappointed when our Luke Skywalker clone handled his own deus ex machina. If you're going to rip off somebody else's story nearly point-for-point, at least be honest about it instead of hiding behind claims of inspiration from Nordic archetypes.

Upvote 0

CJF

...love alters not...
Feb 26, 2002
United States of America
Visit site
✟15,250.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Read the pluggedin review and have decided not to see it. It sounds too much like Star Wars and Dragon Heart for me. If you're not a good enough writer to write your own story without stealing stuff from other movies, then you shouldn't write, imo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Read the pluggedin review and have decided not to see it. It sounds too much like Star Wars and Dragon Heart for me. If you're not a good enough writer to write your own story without stealing stuff from other movies, then you shouldn't write, imo.

:amen: He should've at least dedicated the book to all the authors he stole material from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.