Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Here's the beaut. It doesn't matter you "believe" or 'disagree with" when it comes to rights. EVERYONE has those rights and if people don't have those rights, they should.

Whether you agree that they should have those rights is of no legal consequence. And the government CAN force you to TREAT people equally.

Which, for some reason, is hard for some christians I guess....?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of homosexuality as normal is.....
...not being required of you. It is your public behavior towards homosexuals, not your belief about them which is addressed by the bill.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Yiu m ean just like Atheists do. You are not well informed, If you were you'd know you dont have a leg to stand on in this argument.

First, not everyone who supports LGBTQ is an atheists. Most self-identified Christians in America support some or all of the protections contained within the Equality Act.

LGBTQ people have never pushed for laws discriminating against Christians. Right-wing Christians repeatedly fought for and passed laws that specifically discriminated against LGBTQ people, particularly laws against equal access to marriage.

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
If it forces me to live outside my Biblical beliefs, yeah.....it should do the same to you as a Christian.

Being denied the right to fire someone for being gay violates your Christian beliefs?

Not allowing businesses to refuse services to LGBTQ people violates your Christian beliefs?

LGBTQ people being protected from discrimination as regards housing, education, jury service and the like violates your Christian beliefs?

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Take it however you like.....it is biblical......

So the Bible says that you should refuse to allow gay people to eat at a restaurant that you own?

The Bible says that if you're a doctor you shouldn't help gay people overcome an illness?

The Bible says that schools should be able to expel students for being gay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Discrimination against them in employment and the provision of pubic accommodation, to start with.
Wow, I didn't know I did that.....especially since I don't hire people or rent out public accomodations.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Being denied the right to fire someone for being gay violates your Christian beliefs?

Not allowing businesses to refuse services to LGBTQ people violates your Christian beliefs?

LGBTQ people being protected from discrimination as regards housing, education, jury service and the like violates your Christian beliefs?
You might want to go back and read the entire thread to catch up.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So the Bible says that you should refuse to allow gay people to eat at a restaurant that you own?

The Bible says that if you're a doctor you shouldn't help gay people overcome an illness?

The Bible says that schools should be able to expel students for being gay?
See #58.......

Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, I didn't know I did that.....especially since I don't hire people or rent out public accomodations.

Then how, exactly, will the Equality Act, which really just takes existing civil rights laws and applies them to matters of sexual orientation and gender identity, impact you?

• Winner
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

LiberalChristian1980

Sep 20, 2018
Alexandria, VA
✟37,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
You might want to go back and read the entire thread to catch up.

I've read the thread. You've provided no evidence of any way in which the Equality Act would negatively impact you or any other Christians.

Upvote 0