Equality Act

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Do I really have to explain it to you?
Women and men's restrooms have been separate for good reason since the beginning. Few women want men in restrooms with them.

Whatever happened to women's rights. Women now have to take a back seat to the transgender crowd. Who cares how women feel. It's all about how a transgender feels.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
If feeding hay and silage to cows is good, why would feeding hay and silage to children be bad?
Is feeding hay and silage to children good? Is it healthy for them?

How can the giving of hormones to children to change their biology be good? Children are not mentally capable of making those kinds of decisions.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟247,302.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How can the giving of hormones to children to change their biology be good? Children are not mentally capable of making those kinds of decisions.
This is a much better question than the silly one that I responded to.

It is amazing how far we have come with medical technology and as a human race in terms of understanding how unique each individual person is and the many challenges that people face.

I imagine that for loving parents of a child with gender dysphoria it is quite a difficult thing, to support their child in taking such drastic treatments, will it be the "right" thing to do? Will it be the "wrong" thing to do?
That decision isn't for you nor I to make.

All I can say is that I am all for furthering advancements in medical treatments, and advances in psychology and in terms of studying the long term effect on people diagnosed with gender dysphoria and a treatment vs non treatment approach and the outcomes of that. Do those with medical treatment tend to live longer, happier lives? or do those without medical treatment tend to live longer and happier?

If I meet people like this, or their parents (I do happen to know a parent) then they get my full support, in whatever difficult choice they make. I wish them all the best, and hope that government butts out and leaves these decisions to those that are living it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I didn't ask about sexuality. I asked about people.

Yes it's okay to discriminate within the church. Within the church we have the responsibility to to allow sin within the church. We have the responsibility to remove people from the church who are unrepentant.

Thus religious organizations should not be forced to hire people that violate their religious beliefs. To have a LGBTQ person on the staff of a religious organization could be against religious freedom.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This is a much better question than the silly one that I responded to.

It is amazing how far we have come with medical technology and as a human race in terms of understanding how unique each individual person is and the many challenges that people face.

I imagine that for loving parents of a child with gender dysphoria it is quite a difficult thing, to support their child in taking such drastic treatments, will it be the "right" thing to do? Will it be the "wrong" thing to do?
That decision isn't for you nor I to make.

All I can say is that I am all for furthering advancements in medical treatments, and advances in psychology and in terms of studying the long term effect on people diagnosed with gender dysphoria and a treatment vs non treatment approach and the outcomes of that. Do those with medical treatment tend to live longer, happier lives? or do those without medical treatment tend to live longer and happier?

If I meet people like this, or their parents (I do happen to know a parent) then they get my full support, in whatever difficult choice they make. I wish them all the best, and hope that government butts out and leaves these decisions to those that are living it.

There is no doubt that it would be a very very difficult thing to deal with. However, being difficult doesn't negate the facts. Children are not capable of making those kinds of decisions. We are not talking about what to have for supper or what kind of movie to go to. We are talking about a life altering event. For the rest of the child's life 60-70 years worth. We KNOW that the brain isn't fully developed until a person is 25. We know that a child is FULL of feelings and is not mentally capable to deciphering consequences of their actions. That's why we have juvenile hall. That's why we don't allow them to operate vehicles. That's why we have graduated drivers licenses. We don't allow them to consume alcohol.

It's a matter of biology and the function of the brain.

Yes it's difficult to see your child struggle. But kids struggle all the time. Kids should get counseling to help them work through their issues. But to give them a life altering, sex changing, biological change is just plain foolish.

Now, as a legal adult at 18 that's something else all together. We as a society have decided a person is an adult at 18. So once 18, then they have the ability toake those choices.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟247,302.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is no doubt that it would be a very very difficult thing to deal with. However, being difficult doesn't negate the facts. Children are not capable of making those kinds of decisions. We are not talking about what to have for supper or what kind of movie to go to. We are talking about a life altering event. For the rest of the child's life 60-70 years worth. We KNOW that the brain isn't fully developed until a person is 25. We know that a child is FULL of feelings and is not mentally capable to deciphering consequences of their actions. That's why we have juvenile hall. That's why we don't allow them to operate vehicles. That's why we have graduated drivers licenses. We don't allow them to consume alcohol.

It's a matter of biology and the function of the brain.

Yes it's difficult to see your child struggle. But kids struggle all the time. Kids should get counseling to help them work through their issues. But to give them a life altering, sex changing, biological change is just plain foolish.

Now, as a legal adult at 18 that's something else all together. We as a society have decided a person is an adult at 18. So once 18, then they have the ability toake those choices.
I'm not totally in disagreement with you.

And I'm uncertain as to the urgency for such treatments, I would suggest that if people are younger then their parent's and themselves of course, should be ultimately the ones to decide. There are many medical treatments where the parents/guardians are needed to give consent.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whatever happened to women's rights. Women now have to take a back seat to the transgender crowd. Who cares how women feel. It's all about how a transgender feels.

And soon the transgenders will be abandoned to protect animals.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If all it did was 'live and let live' most of us would be OK with that.....but it does far more than that. It brings the force of law and punishment for those who disagree and refuse to follow the law......much more than 'live and let live' as you would like....

Yeah like any other law, there were people that got in trouble with other civil rights measures, to be against these laws is to say you want to treat people less then human.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟269,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And cause it at the same time?

Descrimination would be these laws only apply to Christians, EVERYONE has to act the same way, Christians are the ones that constantly want to be treated differently, to be given special ways to ignore laws meant to treat others the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Do I really have to explain it to you?
Women and men's restrooms have been separate for good reason since the beginning. Few women want men in restrooms with them.
the earliest public restrooms were in the late Roman empire, they were open air, no stalls and there were no separate facilities for women.
Public restrooms in America had been around for about 200 years before anyone thought to have separate facilities for men and women. Which was 1887 in Boston BTW. Many objected to the separation as now public places would have to provide 4 different bathrooms. Public rest rooms in America had always been segregated by race.

• Informative
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
the earliest public restrooms were in the late Roman empire, they were open air, no stalls and there were no separate facilities for women.
Public restrooms in America had been around for about 200 years before anyone thought to have separate facilities for men and women. Which was 1887 in Boston BTW. Many objected to the separation as now public places would have to provide 4 different bathrooms. Public rest rooms in America had always been segregated by race.

Public restrooms before just happened to be outhouses or the street. Women didn't use them. They didn't share outhouses with men and didn't just pee in the street. In fact women generally just held it if they went out.
Saloons had bathrooms eventually, but women weren't allowed in the saloons.
It wasn't until public bathrooms became the norm that women started using them in the 20th century and they were separate bathrooms. They didn't share a bathroom with a man and vice versa. There may have been single person bathrooms, unisex, so to speak, but they were not in the bathroom with a man.
In work places rhe bathroom was a single person unit and until the invention of the mass sewer system they were just holes in the ground. Fairly unsanitary. Most often they were outside.

So it's not like everyone all gathered in the bathroom to do their business men sharing with women all together.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
This law would allow men to shower with women in a public locker room. Including schools.

From the law: “(2) (with respect to gender identity) an individual shall not be denied access to a shared facility, including a restroom, a locker room, and a dressing room, that is in accordance with the individual's gender identity.”

It also removed protections from the Freedom of Religion act. And the constitutional protections of religious organizations.

“The Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 (42 U.S.C. 2000bb et seq.) shall not provide a claim concerning, or a defense to a claim under, a covered title, or provide a basis for challenging the application or enforcement of a covered title.”.

This act would force churches who ordain male only bishops or pastors to hire female ones as well, or homosexual, transgender ones.

It will compel speech. If you refuse or even make an error in calling someone the wrong pronoun, you could be in trouble.

Physicians could be compelled to perform surgeries they feel would be detrimental to transgenders. Or drug therapies.

Biological males would compete and defeat biological females in sports.

It interferes with parental rights. Children could seek gender treatments and surgery inspite of objections from parents. Parents wouldn't be able to decide the child isn't mentally ready for that.

The equality act is an attack on religion, parental rights, women and medical professionals, churches etc who don't subscribe to the new ideologies of human sexuality.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Public restrooms before just happened to be outhouses or the street.
images

not an outhouse

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Very well, what are these good reasons?

If you have a wife or girlfriend, ask her. She'll be able to give you the answer you'd find more credible than if you heard it from me. Ask her if she'd be willing to use a men's locker room and be willing to undress in front of them. Ask her if she currently uses the women's restroom and locker room. Ask why.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Descrimination would be these laws only apply to Christians, EVERYONE has to act the same way, Christians are the ones that constantly want to be treated differently, to be given special ways to ignore laws meant to treat others the same.

Then why do you identify as one while saying things like this?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

How long did it take for Walmarts to segregate men's and women's (and boy's and girl's) clothing, and how long do you think we should wait before it's all thrown together into a disorganized mess?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟622,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Public restrooms before just happened to be outhouses or the street. Women didn't use them. They didn't share outhouses with men and didn't just pee in the street. In fact women generally just held it if they went out.
Saloons had bathrooms eventually, but women weren't allowed in the saloons.
It wasn't until public bathrooms became the norm that women started using them in the 20th century and they were separate bathrooms. They didn't share a bathroom with a man and vice versa. There may have been single person bathrooms, unisex, so to speak, but they were not in the bathroom with a man.
In work places rhe bathroom was a single person unit and until the invention of the mass sewer system they were just holes in the ground. Fairly unsanitary. Most often they were outside.

So it's not like everyone all gathered in the bathroom to do their business men sharing with women all together.

With the way they've abandoned women's rights lately in favor of more "progressive" goals, it wouldn't surprise me if they started advocating for public restrooms to return to what they were back then.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,271.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If you have a wife or girlfriend, ask her. She'll be able to give you the answer you'd find more credible than if you heard it from me. Ask her if she'd be willing to use a men's locker room and be willing to undress in front of them. Ask her if she currently uses the women's restroom and locker room. Ask why.
OK. I asked my wife and she has no clue what you are talking about. She regularly goes into the men's bathroom and would have no qualms using a male locker room. Now perhaps you can actually articulate these good reasons for separate bathrooms?

Upvote 0