• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Epstein dead, Cortez wants answers.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by OldWiseGuy, Aug 10, 2019.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,543
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I plead guilty to being a big cynic. Not proud, but not ashamed. :D

Him dying in such an ignominious way should bring closure to some.

2. OldWiseGuy

+6,543
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't see how pointing out that she is dangerous to her own party is a compliment.

3. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,611
    Presbyterian
    Single
    CNN says he was taken off suicide watch at the end July. I think the main question is going to be whether that was the right decision. That will depend upon the policy and specifics of his case, which I'm in no position to speculate on.

4. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+3,296
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    [​IMG]

5. Go Braves

Go Braves On semi-hiatus here. Y'all take care.

+7,770
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I know you don't see that as a compliment. That's the whole problem. Folks have become so tribal-minded that they don't think about what is right or what is wrong, what is the best thing to do for the country. They only think along the lines of their tribe. What helps their tribe, what hurts their tribe. You've made the effort to show that that isn't the case with AOC, that her loyalty here isn't to her party but to doing what is right. It's uplifting.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,386
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The article says he tried suicide and so he was put on suicide watch. So, they were responsible to keep an eye on him, however they were. But I would say there are different levels of precaution, depending on each case. How hard and how well he tried could have been a factor in how closely they were ordered to keep an eye on him and control of him.

So, I would think it will automatically be investigated.

And he was involved in trafficking minors for sex? So, it could have been important to keep him alive so he could be used to get information to stop others from trafficking minors for sex. Faking or allowing his suicide could be helping the minors for sex trade.

And the article says he killed himself, the "day after" significant victim testimony got released, telling more about the operation which he was said to be been involved with. So, that testimony release could help to increase his resolve to kill himself. Possibly, since at first there was not so much evidence, they maybe felt he would not be so motivated to commit suicide, and so they gave him a lower precaution arrangement. But when the new testimony came in, that might have provoked him to be more committed than they had expected, but they did not update the precaution level . . . maybe. Actually, the article does not get into levels of precaution for this case.

7. LittleLambofJesus

LittleLambofJesus PESKY DEVIL! GIT! l SAID GIT! Supporter

+28,153
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Good post.
    Do the crime, do the time......
    Either here on earth or there down below........or both

Matt. 25:46 Everlasting Punishment

LUKE 16:
    19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day."
    24 "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am anguished in this flame.' "
    25 "But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

rich man in hell flame.jpg

8. LittleLambofJesus

+28,153
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Perhaps more people that were associated with him, other than the victims, may be more apt to come forward since his demise. :|

clinton sex.jpg

9. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Active Member Supporter

+250
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Epstein was clipped, plain and simple. Given a one-way ride. Got the Goodbye Look.

10. LittleLambofJesus

+28,153
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Must have been the spirit of Francis aka "psycho"

11. OldWiseGuy

+6,543
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Perhaps.

12. OldWiseGuy

+6,543
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I think she's going to keep herself at the center of attention by any means possible.

13. OldWiseGuy

+6,543
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Taken to "the train station". :eek:

14. Go Braves

+7,770
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    Well, you are the one who made this thread to give her attention. Trump's base has done more to put her at the center of attention by any means possible more than any publicity firm in the world ever could.

15. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+2,483
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    She does a good thing. And you're bugged by this. Why?

16. OldWiseGuy

+6,543
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Trump (not his base) is also an attention "seeker". ;)

17. Go Braves

+7,770
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    You don't say.

18. OldWiseGuy

+6,543
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    There's nothing good about politicizing a legal matter that's none of her business.

19. OldWiseGuy

+6,543
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I do say. Check post #36.

20. Go Braves

+7,770
    United States
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    It's absolutely good that she wants answers on this. It is her business. It's our business. He hurt a lot of folks who will never get the opportunity now to face him. If you think you have the right to make a thread about it, to speak about it, then she has just as much right to do the same.