Oct 29, 2003
Iowa
✟16,257.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 2:4-10
(4) But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, (5) made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved. (6) And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,(7) in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. (8) For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- (9) not by works, so that no one can boast. (10) For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Have you ever read through a portion of the Bible and it just hit you differently than it ever did before-- like it was the first time you'd ever read it? I was reading Ephesians 1 and 2 today and I got that feeling. Certain messages caught my attention that I never found to be all that profound before-- the ones I just listed above, in particular.

Any comments on them? (I'm thinking of these verses in particular):
(5a) made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions...

(6) And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

(10) For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
~Sandy

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi there!

:wave:

It's amazing how the Holy Spirit can feed us in our time of need.

I particularly like verse 5 ...

(5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

I like to read the comparison between transgressions (paratoma in Greek 2:1, 5) and sin (hamartia in 2:1) because Paul seems to identify the difference in Chapter 2, verse one of Ephesians. I changed the reference to the KJV because it translates in unity with verse 1.

Sin is a word that is translated that one misses mark just as transgression is to miss the mark, but there is a tremendous difference between sin and transgression which is identified by intent. If one thinks about taking steps as an example, and which is one rendering of the words; then sin is to miss the step with the intention of missing the step while transgression is to miss the step with the intention of hitting the step, a difference in the intentions of the person.

Paul seems to identify that in Chapter 2 and which is more identifiable in the King James translation.

But keeping the "main thing", the "main thing".... we are saved by faith....

~serapha~

Upvote 0

pmarquette

Nov 17, 2003
Auburn , IL.
Visit site
✟8,938.00
Faith
Protestant
Ephesians chapters 1 & 2 is what raised Kenneth Hagin Sr. from
his death bed .... like meditating upon psalm 103 " His benefits "

another neet thing in Ephesians chapters 1 & 2 all the blessings