British Columbia
✟70,746.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Have they finished the Old Testament yet?

I can't recall where I read it, but if memory serves me well, it was confirmed that the work on a corresponding translation of the OT ceased a few years ago, either due to a lack of interest or funding. But a revised version of the 1844 Brenton Septuagint, produced in-house at Saint Ignatius Orthodox Press, is currently available for pre-order and is expected to ship around the end of November.

"The Brenton text was checked verse by verse against a variety of Orthodox liturgical texts, edited for accuracy and variants used in the Orthodox texts, and brought up to a formal modern style of English that compliments the English/Greek Orthodox Bible (EOB) text used in our Gospel and Epistle books."

The Prophetologion Published by Saint Ignatius Orthodox Press

Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I can't recall where I read it, but if memory serves me well, it was confirmed that the work on a corresponding translation of the OT ceased a few years ago, either due to a lack of interest or funding. But a revised version of the 1844 Brenton Septuagint, produced in-house at Saint Ignatius Orthodox Press, is currently available for pre-order and is expected to ship around the end of November.

"The Brenton text was checked verse by verse against a variety of Orthodox liturgical texts, edited for accuracy and variants used in the Orthodox texts, and brought up to a formal modern style of English that compliments the English/Greek Orthodox Bible (EOB) text used in our Gospel and Epistle books."

The Prophetologion Published by Saint Ignatius Orthodox Press

Brenton is also a lot better than the NKJV they used for the OSB.

Upvote 0