Melbourne
✟48,266.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So an EO convert in a Protestant household, how would that work in terms of prayer?

From my perspective, I could hardly think of more derogatory thing to do then to not be willing to prayer with the rest of the household on the part of an Orthodox convert. Jesus had the last supper with Judas, even knowing his heart and intention. Refusal to pray with us would seem like implying that are more accursed in his (my son) eyes than Judas.

So what are the rules? Is it all just up to what his priest would allow? Can we still prayer the Lord's prayer together or recite the creeds?

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don’t see a reason why you couldn’t both say the Lord’s Prayer. Maybe you could both read some Scripture as well?

When my family comes to visit, our standard mealtime prayer is to start out with the Lord’s Prayer followed by a short prayer led by my husband.

Ultimately your son’s priest can guide him more as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A poster a while ago had a son who became Orthodox and they thought perhaps they could not pray together. I will paste the relevant part to this particular topic which a priest told me:

First of all he, and perhaps his son as well, have been told several erroneous things. He can pray with his family every night, That's not a problem. He can attend church with his family, of course not on a regular basis and not receiving communion. Many mixed marriage couples, for instance, go to their spouses churches for Palm Sunday or Pascha. So his idea that his son can't pray with him or can only go to his church for his funeral is wrong

Upvote 0