Brisbane
✟29,162.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
im having issues with envy I just started going to church and I’ve been hit with the envy bug. I’ve been praying and just trying to stick it out but nothing seems to be working it’s hard to get closer to god or be enthusiastic about attending church when I’m filled with envy of others.

Any advice

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
im having issues with envy I just started going to church and I’ve been hit with the envy bug. I’ve been praying and just trying to stick it out but nothing seems to be working it’s hard to get closer to god or be enthusiastic about attending church when I’m filled with envy of others.

Any advice
What is it you are envious of?

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Careers & relationships (Not relationships with Christ btw)
Hmm. I’m not the best to advise on that. I don’t find myself envious of others too often, because I figure who knows what they struggle with that I can’t see.

What do you think is keeping you from getting what others have from your career and relationships?

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Any advice

If you are only 18, your career and relationship will come in the appointed time. You still have time left for that.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We’re all dealing with some sort of sin in our lives. Don’t let that keep you from coming to the Lord for healing. That’s exactly what He wants us to do so we can be cleansed and healthy.

Upvote 0

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Any advice
Greetings,
The first thing you need to do is recognize the area in which envy creeps up. Once that is clear in your mind, then what you should do is look for a resolution to why you are being envious. If you are being envious to a person or persons, then what would really help you is to go to them and confess this to them. It is a bit of a pride smasher in having to do that, but the fruit is always worth it. Not only will you be one step closer in resolving the envious issue within yourself, you will also be closer with the person(s) that you share this with. They can even help you overcome it just by giving advice to help you improve in the area that you are envious of them about. This can be tricky, however, depending on what the issue is. Like if you are envious of someone's relationship, then it may not be appropriate to share this, so you would need to find a resolution within yourself.

I think what can help is whole-halfheartedly asking God what He wants you to do in these areas, and actually be willing to DO whatever He says for you to do, no matter what it is. If you do this sincerely and with a honest broken heart, then God will... answer your prayer.

In peace

Reactions: Notmyname
Upvote 0