✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is found in Romans.

Romans 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 3:27-28

27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of works? No, but on that of faith. 28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

Romans 3 is talking about "Initial Salvation" or Justification and it is not talking about Sanctification or living out your faith whereby one cleanses themselves from all filthiness of the flesh perfecting holiness in the fear of God (2 Corinthians 7:1). Titus 1:16 says you can deny God by a lack of works. Jesus says a good tree will not bring forth evil fruit. Jesus is the good tree that lives inside of us.

Romans 3:1 asks, what profit is there in circumcision? This is speaking against "Circumcision Salvationism" (which deals with "initial salvation"). For if you believe Romans 3:10 and Romans 3:23 applies to the faithful saint (in the present tense in how they live) then you also have to believe that all believers also do not seek after God and do not have any understanding, too.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Romans 3 is talking about "Initial Salvation" or Justification and it is not talking about Sanctification or living out your faith whereby one cleanses themselves from all filthiness of the flesh perfecting holiness in the fear of God (2 Corinthians 7:1). Titus 1:16 says you can deny God by a lack of works. Jesus says a good tree will not bring forth evil fruit. Jesus is the good tree that lives inside of us.

Romans 3:1 asks, what profit is there in circumcision? This is speaking against "Circumcision Salvationism" (which deals with "initial salvation"). For if you believe Romans 3:10 and Romans 3:23 applies to the faithful saint (in the present tense in how they live) then you also have to believe that all believers also do not seek after God and do not have any understanding, too.

There is no initial justification. There is only justification.

This is theology that you have made up that does not exist. This makes Jesus look like a joke for justifying us in the first place.

A clear understanding of justification and sanctification should clear this up for you.

I'll give you some resources to study below.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Question: "What is justification? What does it mean to be justified?"

Answer:
Simply put, to justify is to declare righteous, to make one right with God. Justification is God’s declaring those who receive Christ to be righteous, based on Christ’s righteousness being imputed to the accounts of those who receive Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21). Though justification as a principle is found throughout Scripture, the main passage describing justification in relation to believers is Romans 3:21-26: “But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.”

We are justified, declared righteous, at the moment of our salvation. Justification does not make us righteous, but rather pronounces us righteous. Our righteousness comes from placing our faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ. His sacrifice covers our sin, allowing God to see us as perfect and unblemished. Because as believers we are in Christ, God sees Christ's own righteousness when He looks at us. This meets God's demands for perfection; thus, He declares us righteous—He justifies us.

Romans 5:18-19 sums it up well: “Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.” It is because of justification that the peace of God can rule in our lives. It is because of justification that believers can have assurance of salvation. It is the fact of justification that enables God to begin the process of sanctification—the process by which God makes us in reality what we already are positionally. “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1).

What is justification? What does it mean to be justified?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Question: "Why is justification by faith such an important doctrine?"

Answer:
The teaching of justification by faith is what separates biblical Christianity from all other belief systems. In every religion, and in some branches of what is called “Christianity,” man is working his way to God. Only in true, biblical Christianity is man saved as a result of grace through faith. Only when we get back to the Bible do we see that justification is by faith, apart from works.

The word justified means “pronounced or treated as righteous.” For a Christian, justification is the act of God not only forgiving the believer’s sins but imputing to him the righteousness of Christ. The Bible states in several places that justification only comes through faith (e.g., Romans 5:1; Galatians 3:24). Justification is not earned through our own works; rather, we are covered by the righteousness of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8; Titus 3:5). The Christian, being declared righteous, is thus freed from the guilt of sin.

Justification is a completed work of God, and it is instantaneous, as opposed to sanctification, which is an ongoing process of growth by which we become more Christlike (the act of “being saved,” cf. 1 Corinthians 1:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:23). Sanctification occurs after justification.

Understanding the doctrine of justification is important for a Christian. First, it is the very knowledge of justification and of grace that motivates good works and spiritual growth; thus, justification leads to sanctification. Also, the fact that justification is a finished work of God means that Christians have assurance of their salvation. In God’s eyes, believers have the righteousness necessary to gain eternal life.

Once a person is justified, there is nothing else he needs in order to gain entrance into heaven. Since justification comes by faith in Christ, based on His work on our behalf, our own works are disqualified as a means of salvation (Romans 3:28). There exist vast religious systems with complex theologies that teach the false doctrine of justification by works. But they are teaching “a different gospel—which is really no gospel at all” (Galatians 1:6–7).

Without an understanding of justification by faith alone, we cannot truly perceive the glorious gift of grace—God’s “unmerited favor” becomes “merited” in our minds, and we begin to think we deserve salvation. The doctrine of justification by faith helps us maintain “pure devotion to Christ” (2 Corinthians 11:3). Holding to justification by faith keeps us from falling for the lie that we can earn heaven. There is no ritual, no sacrament, no deed that can make us worthy of the righteousness of Christ. It is only by His grace, in response to our faith, that God has credited to us the holiness of His Son. Both Old and New Testaments say, “The just shall live by faith” (Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38).

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Question: "What is sanctification? What is the definition of Christian sanctification?"

Answer:
Sanctification is God’s will for us (1 Thessalonians 4:3). The word sanctification is related to the word saint; both words have to do with holiness. To “sanctify” something is to set it apart for special use; to “sanctify” a person is to make him holy.

Jesus had a lot to say about sanctification in John 17. In verse 16 the Lord says, “They are not of the world, even as I am not of it,” and this is before His request: “Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth” (verse 17). In Christian theology, sanctification is a state of separation unto God; all believers enter into this state when they are born of God: “You are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption” (1 Corinthians 1:30, ESV). The sanctification mentioned in this verse is a once-for-ever separation of believers unto God. It is a work God performs, an intricate part of our salvation and our connection with Christ (Hebrews 10:10). Theologians sometimes refer to this state of holiness before God as “positional” sanctification; it is the same as justification.

While we are positionally holy (“set free from every sin” by the blood of Christ, Acts 13:39), we know that we still sin (1 John 1:10). That’s why the Bible also refers to sanctification as a practical experience of our separation unto God. “Progressive” or “experiential” sanctification, as it is sometimes called, is the effect of obedience to the Word of God in one’s life. It is the same as growing in the Lord (2 Peter 3:18) or spiritual maturity. God started the work of making us like Christ, and He is continuing it (Philippians 1:6). This type of sanctification is to be pursued by the believer earnestly (1 Peter 1:15; Hebrews 12:14) and is effected by the application of the Word (John 17:17). Progressive sanctification has in view the setting apart of believers for the purpose for which they are sent into the world: “As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified” (John 17:18–19). That Jesus set Himself apart for God’s purpose is both the basis and the condition of our being set apart (see John 10:36). We are sanctified and sent because Jesus was. Our Lord’s sanctification is the pattern of and power for our own. The sending and the sanctifying are inseparable. On this account we are called “saints” (hagioi in the Greek), or “sanctified ones.” Prior to salvation, our behavior bore witness to our standing in the world in separation from God, but now our behavior should bear witness to our standing before God in separation from the world. Little by little, every day, “those who are being sanctified” (Hebrews 10:14, ESV) are becoming more like Christ.

There is a third sense in which the word sanctification is used in Scripture—a “complete” or “ultimate” sanctification. This is the same as glorification. Paul prays in 1 Thessalonians 5:23, “May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” (ESV). Paul speaks of Christ as “the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27) and links the glorious appearing of Christ to our personal glorification: “When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory” (Colossians 3:4). This glorified state will be our ultimate separation from sin, a total sanctification in every regard. “We know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2).

To summarize, “sanctification” is a translation of the Greek word hagiasmos, meaning “holiness” or “a separation.” In the past, God granted us justification, a once-for-all, positional holiness in Christ. Now, God guides us to maturity, a practical, progressive holiness. In the future, God will give us glorification, a permanent, ultimate holiness. These three phases of sanctification separate the believer from the penalty of sin (justification), the power of sin (maturity), and the presence of sin (glorification).

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Post #'s of the Scriptures you feel I did not address or explain with Scripture in return properly. In other words, do you want to discuss the Bible or do you want just insult me?

I will tell you what i believe... If what i believe causes you to feel insulted then you will simply have to deal with your self inflicted wounds to your pride.. Stop whining like a little baby accept or reject my words if you wish but stop crying...

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will tell you what i believe... If what i believe causes you to feel insulted then you will simply have to deal with your self inflicted wounds to your pride.. Stop whining like a little baby accept or reject my words if you wish but stop crying...

Again, you feel the need to insult instead sticking with Scripture. Do you realize God's Word talks about this?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Question: "What is sanctification? What is the definition of Christian sanctification?"

Answer:
Sanctification is God’s will for us (1 Thessalonians 4:3). The word sanctification is related to the word saint; both words have to do with holiness. To “sanctify” something is to set it apart for special use; to “sanctify” a person is to make him holy.

Jesus had a lot to say about sanctification in John 17. In verse 16 the Lord says, “They are not of the world, even as I am not of it,” and this is before His request: “Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth” (verse 17). In Christian theology, sanctification is a state of separation unto God; all believers enter into this state when they are born of God: “You are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption” (1 Corinthians 1:30, ESV). The sanctification mentioned in this verse is a once-for-ever separation of believers unto God. It is a work God performs, an intricate part of our salvation and our connection with Christ (Hebrews 10:10). Theologians sometimes refer to this state of holiness before God as “positional” sanctification; it is the same as justification.

While we are positionally holy (“set free from every sin” by the blood of Christ, Acts 13:39), we know that we still sin (1 John 1:10). That’s why the Bible also refers to sanctification as a practical experience of our separation unto God. “Progressive” or “experiential” sanctification, as it is sometimes called, is the effect of obedience to the Word of God in one’s life. It is the same as growing in the Lord (2 Peter 3:18) or spiritual maturity. God started the work of making us like Christ, and He is continuing it (Philippians 1:6). This type of sanctification is to be pursued by the believer earnestly (1 Peter 1:15; Hebrews 12:14) and is effected by the application of the Word (John 17:17). Progressive sanctification has in view the setting apart of believers for the purpose for which they are sent into the world: “As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified” (John 17:18–19). That Jesus set Himself apart for God’s purpose is both the basis and the condition of our being set apart (see John 10:36). We are sanctified and sent because Jesus was. Our Lord’s sanctification is the pattern of and power for our own. The sending and the sanctifying are inseparable. On this account we are called “saints” (hagioi in the Greek), or “sanctified ones.” Prior to salvation, our behavior bore witness to our standing in the world in separation from God, but now our behavior should bear witness to our standing before God in separation from the world. Little by little, every day, “those who are being sanctified” (Hebrews 10:14, ESV) are becoming more like Christ.

There is a third sense in which the word sanctification is used in Scripture—a “complete” or “ultimate” sanctification. This is the same as glorification. Paul prays in 1 Thessalonians 5:23, “May the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” (ESV). Paul speaks of Christ as “the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27) and links the glorious appearing of Christ to our personal glorification: “When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory” (Colossians 3:4). This glorified state will be our ultimate separation from sin, a total sanctification in every regard. “We know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is” (1 John 3:2).

To summarize, “sanctification” is a translation of the Greek word hagiasmos, meaning “holiness” or “a separation.” In the past, God granted us justification, a once-for-all, positional holiness in Christ. Now, God guides us to maturity, a practical, progressive holiness. In the future, God will give us glorification, a permanent, ultimate holiness. These three phases of sanctification separate the believer from the penalty of sin (justification), the power of sin (maturity), and the presence of sin (glorification).

Usually it is not appropriate to quote articles without an article source.

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Again, you feel the need to insult instead sticking with Scripture. Do you realize God's Word talks about this?

You chose to take offense.. To react with offense.. Simply because your belief was challenged.. That is very immature at best and pridefull at worst.. I will leave this thread now.. I have put foreward what i believe..

May you be forgiven... That's actually a wonderful blessing..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Answer:
The teaching of justification by faith is what separates biblical Christianity from all other belief systems. In every religion, and in some branches of what is called “Christianity,” man is working his way to God. Only in true, biblical Christianity is man saved as a result of grace through faith. Only when we get back to the Bible do we see that justification is by faith, apart from works.

The word justified means “pronounced or treated as righteous.” For a Christian, justification is the act of God not only forgiving the believer’s sins but imputing to him the righteousness of Christ. The Bible states in several places that justification only comes through faith (e.g., Romans 5:1; Galatians 3:24). Justification is not earned through our own works; rather, we are covered by the righteousness of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8; Titus 3:5). The Christian, being declared righteous, is thus freed from the guilt of sin.

Justification is a completed work of God, and it is instantaneous, as opposed to sanctification, which is an ongoing process of growth by which we become more Christlike (the act of “being saved,” cf. 1 Corinthians 1:18; 1 Thessalonians 5:23). Sanctification occurs after justification.

Understanding the doctrine of justification is important for a Christian. First, it is the very knowledge of justification and of grace that motivates good works and spiritual growth; thus, justification leads to sanctification. Also, the fact that justification is a finished work of God means that Christians have assurance of their salvation. In God’s eyes, believers have the righteousness necessary to gain eternal life.

Once a person is justified, there is nothing else he needs in order to gain entrance into heaven. Since justification comes by faith in Christ, based on His work on our behalf, our own works are disqualified as a means of salvation (Romans 3:28). There exist vast religious systems with complex theologies that teach the false doctrine of justification by works. But they are teaching “a different gospel—which is really no gospel at all” (Galatians 1:6–7).

Without an understanding of justification by faith alone, we cannot truly perceive the glorious gift of grace—God’s “unmerited favor” becomes “merited” in our minds, and we begin to think we deserve salvation. The doctrine of justification by faith helps us maintain “pure devotion to Christ” (2 Corinthians 11:3). Holding to justification by faith keeps us from falling for the lie that we can earn heaven. There is no ritual, no sacrament, no deed that can make us worthy of the righteousness of Christ. It is only by His grace, in response to our faith, that God has credited to us the holiness of His Son. Both Old and New Testaments say, “The just shall live by faith” (Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38).

You also need to address my points on Romans 3. I will be happy to address this mountain of Scripture from a quoted article when I have time. But Gotquestions is wrong on this topic (like most churches these days).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hello ToBeLoved.

Your post is a copy and paste from Gotquestions.org.
The following words in my post is my reply to their article on Justification.

Gotquestions said:

Answer: The teaching of justification by faith is what separates biblical Christianity from all other belief systems. In every religion, and in some branches of what is called “Christianity,” man is working his way to God. Only in true, biblical Christianity is man saved as a result of grace through faith.

Dear Gotquestions:

I believe your teaching on Justification is a popular teaching that is highly unbiblical. In fact, your above statement in regards to Justification here is simply not true. What separates true biblical Christianity from other religions is the Savior and His true goodness. Another difference is that biblical Christianity is about a relationship with Jesus Christ (Who is God). Jesus (God) is the One who is ultimately saving us. We are also conforming to true morality, as well. Justification is simply not in the way that you suggest. How so? Please keeping reading and I will show you with Scripture that your idea on Soteriology is in error.

Gotquestions said:
Only when we get back to the Bible do we see that justification is by faith, apart from works.

You are referring to Ephesians 2:8-9. But Paul is clearly talking about Initial and Ultimate Salvation and not Continued Salvation (and or what a saved life looks like). Ephesians 2:5 says, "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved" We have been quickened. This is speaking of a one time event. Ephesians 2:13 says, "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." We are made near to God by the blood of Jesus. Again, the shed blood of Jesus is a one time event that makes us right with God. But a person has to respond to Christ's gift and be responsible with that gift in order for the blood to be applied. 1 John 1:7 says he that walks in the light as he (Christ) is in the light, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses them of all sin. So we have to walk in the light of Christ.

If you were to keep reading, it says this in Ephesians.

3 "But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them."
(Ephesians 5:3-7).

So grace is not just believing on Jesus.
Paul also says, "that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God." (Ephesians 5:5).

Gotquestions said:
The word justified means “pronounced or treated as righteous.” For a Christian, justification is the act of God not only forgiving the believer’s sins but imputing to him the righteousness of Christ. The Bible states in several places that justification only comes through faith (e.g., Romans 5:1; Galatians 3:24).

Faith is more than just believing in the person of Jesus as One's Savior. Faith is about believing in everything Jesus said, and taught, too. For if you believed in a Jesus that told you to jump off a bridge, that would be another Jesus. The same would be true if you believe Jesus taught that we can sin and still be saved. Yes, God knows that there are those who can struggle with sin (like in the Parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee), but we know by other Scriptures that a life of holiness and good works is a requirement for salvation. Believers in time will mature and move past the stage of struggling with sin and they will overcome their sin by the power of Jesus living in them. Romans 13:14 says, "But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof."

As for the imputation of Christ's sacrifice: See 1 John 1:7 again.
It says you must walk in the light as Christ is in the light so as to have the blood of Jesus applied to your life.

As for Romans 5:1:
You also have to keep reading in Romans 6 that says,
15 "What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness."

In various Modern Translations it says we became SLAVES to righteousness.
Is one a slave or servant of righteousness or does sin control one's life?
Romans 5 says we are justified by faith. This is true.
But what does one's faith look like?

James says,
18 "Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?"
(James 2:18-20).

As for Galatians 3:24:
Galatians 3:24 says the Law was a schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ.
Okay, so if the Law was a schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, then why are we still given laws or commands still after Christ? Some of these Laws even after Christ's death relate to our salvation. 1 John 3:15 says that if we hate our brother then we are like a murderer and no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:23 is a command telling us to believe on Jesus. Are Christians not under this Law or Commandment? Surely they are. So Paul was not referring to all Law in Galatians 3:24 but he was referring to the Law of Moses or the 613 Mosaic Laws within the Old Covenant. How so? Paul speaks out against circumcision many times. Galatians 5:2 says if you seek to be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. Circumcision is an Old Testament Law or Command and not a New Testament Law or Command.

Believing Jesus is more than just trusting in the person of Jesus. Even Jesus Himself said to Peter that His lack of doing a work (miracle of walking on the water) was a lack of faith on his part. Not trusting in Jesus in what He commands of us to do is a lack of faith in Him. Jesus says if you love me, keep my Commandments.

Gotquestions said:
Justification is not earned through our own works; rather, we are covered by the righteousness of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8; Titus 3:5).

Ephesians 2:10 says that we are created unto Christ Jesus for good works.
Paul also says in Ephesians 2 that we used to be sinners as a part of our old life and not our new life, too.

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Ephesians 2:2).

So Paul is not teaching a sin and still be saved gospel here.
A believer needs to live holy and be fruitful as a part of the process of Justification.

Titus 3 also confirms this, as well.
We are saved by the WASHING of the REGENERATION of the Holy Ghost.
If somebody is washed and regenerated by the Holy Ghost, they are not going to seek to justify sin in any way but they are going to desire to live holy and righteous and good. They are going to believe Jesus when Jesus says if you do not forgive, you will not be forgiven by the Father (Matthew 6:15).

Gotquestions said:
The Christian, being declared righteous, is thus freed from the guilt of sin.

This would be true only for past sins and this would not be true for present or future sins that have not been repented of. Peter told Simon to repent of his wickedness and pray that God would may forgive him (Acts 8:22). Simon believed the gospel, as well (Acts 8:13). But Simon needed to repent so as to be forgiven, though.

Gotquestions said:
Yes, a true Christian who falls back into sin is still saved, but at the same time a person who lives a life controlled by sin is not truly a Christian.

Article Source:
Is a backsliding Christian still saved?

This is a paradox. A contradiction. Both cannot be true.
On the one hand, this is a teaching of a doctrine of turning God's grace into a license for immorality because you are saying a backslidden believer can be saved. So a Christian can think they are just temporarily backsliding and it is okay with God because they choose to focus on this aspect or truth of this part of your article. Yet, you also say that a person is not a true Christian if they are controlled by sin. On top of that, in another article at Gotquestions, it says this,

Gotquestions said:
"As human beings we are bound under Adam’s nature in this world. No matter how hard we try not to, we will still sin against God. This holds true for everyone.

Article Source:
Is sinless perfection possible in this life?

Your website said, I quote: "No matter how hard we try not to, we will still sin against God." This is in direct contradiction to what your other article says on your website that states that anyone who is controlled by sin is not a Christian. So it appears that what you are teaching here is a sin and still be saved gospel. Jude 1:4 NIV warns us against turning God's grace into a license for immorality. For when you say you will always sin in this life (even on some small level) you are writing a license of immorality for yourself. God does not want us to sin at all. Yes, believers can sin; And God can forgive us, but we cannot treat God's grace as a license for immorality, though. The true grace of God teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live soberly, righteously, and Godly in this present world (See Titus 2:11-12).

Gotquestions said:

So you are saying that we need to grow and become more Christ like. But again, one of your other articles says that you can never stop sinning in this life and another article says that a backslidden believer can be saved. So this does not exactly seem like a consistent teaching on Soteriology you are teaching on your website as a whole. One is either Christ like because they are living holy and righteous or one is enslaved to their sin and or teaching a belief that it is okay to sin and still be saved (Which can lead people into sin).

Gotquestions said:

This is the idea or belief that all true believers will eventually in time do good works or be holy generally is not only not biblical but it is a violation of free will and basic morality. The very gospel message itself needs to be clarified that a believer must live holy every time it is spoken or it can easily be easily misunderstood as treating God’s grace as a license to sin. For when you say to people that they are saved by having a mere belief on Jesus with no works whatsoever, and you stop in your conversation at that point, then people are going to think that they can sin and still be saved. For there are Christians out there who teach that you can sin as much as you like and still be saved. In fact, even your website says that a backslidden believer is saved. So this means that a believer can do all kinds of horrible sins and still be saved in doing such evils. This can easily be misunderstood as saying that a person can smoke, sleep around, watch inappropriate content, hurt people and still be saved. They have a belief on Jesus and they got their golden ticket so they are free to sin and still be saved. But it doesn’t work like that.

Gotquestions said:
Once a person is justified, there is nothing else he needs in order to gain entrance into heaven. Since justification comes by faith in Christ, based on His work on our behalf, our own works are disqualified as a means of salvation (Romans 3:28).

Paul is talking about the works of the Law of Moses.
Romans 3:1 asks the question, "what profit is there in circumcision?"
Circumcision is of the Old Covenant Commands and not the Commands given to us in the New Testament. Also, again, please re-read 1 John 1:7 very carefully.

Gotquestions said:
There exist vast religious systems with complex theologies that teach the false doctrine of justification by works. But they are teaching “a different gospel—which is really no gospel at all” (Galatians 1:6–7).

Truth is not always determined by looking at other beliefs. Catholics believe in the Trinity, but that does not mean the Trinity is not true just because Catholics believe in it. Jesus says, you will know false prophets by their fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth bad fruit.

If we look at the fruit or the result of Eternal Security, it is bad and not good.
For people who once believed in Eternal Security felt enslaved or trapped to living in sin by such a belief.

Just check out these testimonies below.

Ex OSAS Audio Testimonies:
Testimonies of former eternal security believers

Suicide & OSAS:
A tragic story of an OSAS believer.

A Pastor's Testimony on OSAS:
A testimony about OSAS by a Pastor's wife.

Hooked on Sin & OSAS:
Out Of Darkness | NO Eternal Security | Christian Testimony

Suicide, Mass Murder, & OSAS:
George Sodini.

As for Justification by works:

It appears that you are ignoring the words of James here.

James says,
“Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.” (James 2:24).

Paul says you can deny God by a lack of works (See Titus 1:16).

The author of Hebrews says without holiness no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

As for Galatians 1:6-7:

If you were to keep reading in Galatians 5, it says this,

“19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Galatians 5:19-21).

In other words, you cannot sin and still be saved.

Hebrews 5:9 says that Jesus is the author of salvation to all who obey Him.

For the gospel is more than just having a belief. The Bible says a person can not obey the gospel of God.

17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
18 Now "If the righteous one is scarcely saved, Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?"
19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator. (1 Peter 4:17-19).

2 Thessalonians 2 says,

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,
14 to which He called you by our gospel…” (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14).

So by the gospel we are chosen for salvation through Sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. Sanctification of the Spirit is a process of God making you more holy in conduct in how you live. For we are told in Scripture to walk in the Spirit and we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (Galatians 5:16).

Gotquestions said:
Without an understanding of justification by faith alone, we cannot truly perceive the glorious gift of grace—God’s “unmerited favor” becomes “merited” in our minds, and we begin to think we deserve salvation.

Not true. There is no power in this kind of gospel because a person can be saved and still in their own sins. However, Jesus came to set the captives free. 1 John 3:8 says Jesus was manifested to destroy the works of the devil. This would be the works of the devil (sin) within a believer’s life. Romans 13:14 says put on the Lord Jesus Christ so as not to fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

Gotquestions said:
The doctrine of justification by faith helps us maintain “pure devotion to Christ” (2 Corinthians 11:3).

But in my experience, most I talk with who believe they are saved by having a mere belief on Jesus are hateful of the idea of overcoming sin in this life. They fight against even the possibility that a person can stop sinning. Also, all those who have come out of Eternal Security have said that they felt enslaved by their sin by such a belief (See again the testimonies above).

Also, when you read 2 Corinthians 11:3, you should also read,

2 Corinthians 9:10-15 that says,

10 “Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,
11 while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God.
12 For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God,
13 while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal sharing with them and all men,
14 and by their prayer for you, who long for you because of the exceeding grace of God in you.
15 Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” (NKJV).

Gotquestions said:
Holding to justification by faith keeps us from falling for the lie that we can earn heaven.

While we are ultimately saved by God’s grace, we are also told to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, too (See Philippians 2:12). Jesus said not everyone who says unto me Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven but he that does the will of the Father (Matthew 7:21). If you were to read 1 Thessalonians 4:13, it tells us that the will of God (the Father) is to be holy (or our Sanctification) (See the NLT version).

Gotquestions said:
There is no ritual, no sacrament, no deed that can make us worthy of the righteousness of Christ.

It is true that rituals do not play a part of the salvation process under the New Covenant. But this would not be true about deeds, though. Jesus says if you look upon a woman in lust, your whole body can be cast into hellfire (See Matthew 5:28-30). Jesus said if you do not forgive, you will not be forgiven (See Matthew 6:15). John says if you hate your brother, then you are a murderer and no murderer has eternal life abiding in him (1 John 3:15). Jesus says in Matthew 25 that by not helping the poor in this life will lead Jesus to say to that person to depart from Him.

Now, you're probably thinking this is Man Directed Works Salvationism. But it is not. It is Jesus who does the good work through the believer when the believer surrenders to Jesus. For Jesus says in John 15:5 that without Him we can do nothing. So Jesus saves us both in Justification and in Sanctification.

Gotquestions said:
It is only by His grace, in response to our faith, that God has credited to us the holiness of His Son. Both Old and New Testaments say, “The just shall live by faith” (Habakkuk 2:4; Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38).

The just shall do what? LIVE by faith. A faith that lives itself out in being active by good works.

For James says faith without works is dead (James 2:17). A dead faith cannot access the saving grace of God that is a free gift.

When you refer to Hebrews 10:38, you have to also look at the whole truth of the entire verse. It also says,

“but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.” (Hebrews 10:38).

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins” (Hebrews 10:26).

When you read Romans 1:17, you also have to read about Romans 11:21-22 that says

21 “For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

When you read Galatians 3:11, you also have to read Galatians 5:24 that says, they that are Christ’s have crucified the affections and lusts. So there is no sin and still be saved gospel going on here. The just LIVE by faith. They do not just have a mere belief alone. For even the demons believe and tremble.

As for Habakkuk 2:4:

The NIV says,
“"See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright-- but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness --”

So this is not a sin and still be saved type gospel. It is not just a gospel by telling people to have a mere belief alone on Jesus to be saved that can easily lead people to think they can treat God’s grace as a license for immorality. Sure, you said on the one hand that a true Christian is defined by living holy, but yet on the other hand you contradict that very statement by saying that believers can be saved by living in sin if they backslide and by saying that no believer can ever stop sinning in this life. Also, just telling people that they are saved by God's grace with no works will lead to immorality and not righteousness. For if there was no more penalty to breaking the speed limit on the high ways anymore, than more people would speed and not obey the posted speed limit sign anymore (And more deaths would take place as a result of unsafe fast drivng). In other words, you want me to believe that a gospel message that includes disobedience on some level will lead to eternal life. But you are sadly mistaken. True Justification always leads to Sanctification or holy living that does not seek to justify sin on some level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You also need to address my points on Romans 3. I will be happy to address this mountain of Scripture from a quoted article when I have time. But Gotquestions is wrong on this topic (like most churches these days).

Where does your theology fall under? Is there anyone you do agree with or are you your own church?

Upvote 0