ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jude 1:4 describes those who try to turn God's grace into immorality. I believe this is exactly what OSAS and Eternal Security does. It minimizes sin and says one is forgiven of their present and future sin so one does not really need to worry about their sin or worry about becoming unsaved because one has got their golden ticket into God's Kingdom. What one does here does not really matter. One is going to go to be with God and being holy plays no part in that.

For morality is side stepped in OSAS.

What you are saying is Christ's Own are the deceivers in Jude?

That shows where the state of your heart is. You believe that those who are Christ's Own are deceivers. Why do I even bother. smh :doh:

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not at all. There is a difference between a Christian who repents of sins and seeks to overcome them vs. the Christian who thinks they can sin and be still be saved (Whereby they are justifying sin). Also, one walks uprightly with God as a general way of life (daily) and the other does not. Therein lies the difference.

Also, what do you make of Matthew 13:41-42?
Why do you think it is not referring to sinning believers?
Does the context tell you this?

Why do I think the verse is not referring to sinning believers? Maybe you can tell me. I don't remember the context. I wonder why we think otherwise.

So, you are warning those of us who are believers who continue in sin as if it is ok. That is the big difference between you and us. Yes?

What do you think the answer is for us? You know, those of us thinking Matt is not referring to sinning believers and think we can get away with our unrepentant sinful lives?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do I think the verse is not referring to sinning believers? Maybe you can tell me. I don't remember the context. I wonder why we think otherwise.

So, you are warning those of us who are believers who continue in sin as if it is ok. That is the big difference between you and us. Yes?

What do you think the answer is for us? You know, those of us thinking Matt is not referring to sinning believers and think we can get away with our unrepentant sinful lives?

41 "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
(Matthew 13:41-42).

"He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day." (John 12:48).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What you are saying is Christ's Own are the deceivers in Jude?

That shows where the state of your heart is. You believe that those who are Christ's Own are deceivers. Why do I even bother. smh

So can you explain to me what this turning God's grace into a license for immorality means to you?
What is that exactly?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
interesting verses, thank you.

You are most welcome.
God wants us to always do the right thing and He does not want us to justify sin with the thinking we are good with Him. God is good and He wants His people to be good, too.
He wants to transform our lives and make us new creations.
We are to be molded and fit for the Master's use (Giving Him all the glory for any good done in our lives).

Upvote 0

arc90901

Sep 6, 2013
✟9,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been studying this very issue (entire sanctification) and God has placed me for the time in a "Holiness" church (I never thought that I would be here). I have never heard this doctrine expounded/emphasized from the pulpit but it is the 'official' doctrine of the church.

As with many theological issues, a lot of confusion is introduced due to a disagreement about definitions. Justification is instantaneous and is likened to being "born again" and promises eternal life. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is instantaneous, and Glorification is instantaneous (in the twinkling of an eye). It is then understandable that some theologians would understand Sanctification would likewise be instantaneous and eternal.

Sinless Perfection / Entire Sanctification is a confusing term, but it is founded in scripture - 1 Thessalonians 5:23 - "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

This much I know - our western church has become largely antinomian; therefore the "holiness" principle to battle every trace of sin is of great and admirable import! Grace has been overemphasized to the point of lawlessness. We should hate sin instead of excusing it! We should hate it not because we are seeking to 'earn' salvation, but because we want to be more pleasing to Him!

I know that there is a sanctification that is a process, for I am experiencing it daily. I have never reached the goal of being entirely sanctified but I do strive for it. I have not experienced a "lightening bolt" from heaven that forever separates me from the possibility of sin, and in truth I expect that many Weslyans confuse instantaneous sanctification with the baptism of the Holy Ghost....but I sure do admire those who are struggling to overcome sin - not in order to earn salvation, and not due to guilt or shame, but I sure admire those who are striving to please the Master!

As you walk out your faith today, remember that every sin has a price-tag! Can you even imagine trying to haggle with our Lord, who was tempted in the same ways that we are? Praise Him! Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So can you explain to me what this turning God's grace into a license for immorality means to you?
What is that exactly?

Men snuck in aware and were teaching this inside the church, that grace is a license to sin.

You teach this too, though, just to be real about it. So maybe you don't get it?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sinless Perfection / Entire Sanctification is a confusing term, but it is founded in scripture - 1 Thessalonians 5:23 - "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
How do you get that "may" the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely is the same as 'entire sanctification' which is WHERE???? in the Bible?

You that maketh up terms and put it in the Bible adding to it?

NOTE: the word "MAY". It is like a prayer or request of God.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have been studying this very issue (entire sanctification) and God has placed me for the time in a "Holiness" church (I never thought that I would be here). I have never heard this doctrine expounded/emphasized from the pulpit but it is the 'official' doctrine of the church.
If you believe in entire sanctification then you don't need Christ. You NEEDED Christ at one time, but you don't need Him anymore.

Holiness churches have the worst people I've ever met. Would not wish those pious people on my ex-husband.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

arc90901

Sep 6, 2013
✟9,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you believe in entire sanctification then you don't need Christ. You NEEDED Christ at one time, but you don't need Him anymore.

Holiness churches have the worst people I've ever met. Would not wish those pious people on my ex-husband.

Very sanctimonious of you. If you read my post, then you saw that I believe in a sanctification PROCESS. I am not so much defending 'sanctification' as I am offending churches/Christians at the other end of the spectrum who believe that sin is OK.

This comes down to the age old Calvinist / Armenian debate. Election vs Free Will.

Anyone who says that our current western church is 'healthy' is naive to the Nth degree; and the cause is SIN.

Are you aware that most holiness folks teach that 'entire sanctification' is NOT a requirement for heaven?

Some Baptists are the truly the worst people I've ever met, but that's probably a local thing. God Bless.....

Upvote 0

arc90901

Sep 6, 2013
✟9,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do you get that "may" the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely is the same as 'entire sanctification' which is WHERE???? in the Bible?

You that maketh up terms and put it in the Bible adding to it?

NOTE: the word "MAY". It is like a prayer or request of God.

Dear lady, I said that the 'term' is scriptural. We WILL be entirely sanctified before it's all over.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Very sanctimonious of you. If you read my post, then you saw that I believe in a sanctification PROCESS. I am not so much defending 'sanctification' as I am offending churches/Christians at the other end of the spectrum who believe that sin is OK.
You did not say the entire sanctification process, you said Entire Sanctification. One is two words, uppercase as you wrote them, the other is a three word phrase.

And your message above does not even address the word Entire, which is perfection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dear lady, I said that the 'term' is scriptural. We WILL be entirely sanctified before it's all over.
Not in this lifetime. God's Word says we will be glorified as Christ was glorified when the Father raised Christ from the dead.

The word useage is not scriptural when two words are put together that were never put together in the Bible, such as "entire sanctification". This is a good example of using words and terms as the Bible does and in context.

So what happens in life versus what happens after death, two totally different things.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What is that exactly?

Exactly what the verse said. That some men crept in unaware and tried to turn grace into a license to sin.

They would not have crept in unaware if they belonged there and were Christ's, right?

That is what the verse is referring to. Not them being Christians which is who you said those 'creeping' in unaware into Christ's church were.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Anyone who says that our current western church is 'healthy' is naive to the Nth degree; and the cause is SIN.
Now you are really trying to dodge the topic. This is not the topic.

Why don't you own the words you wrote instead of trying to bring other things into the mix?

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dont know about this entire sanctification....
But the Bible says we should be sanctified...
Romans 6:1
Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound.....

Hebrews 2:11
Christ sanctifies u sthrough His blood....
Hebrews 10:10

I will agree with the previous writer on
Jude 4
Intersting that jude was written close to the end of the 1st century as the early Christian believers were Jewish and tended to be leagalistic...
as more gentiles came into the church this imorality came in and wqs coverd up with a false GRACE.......
James warned of this in acts 15

We see this false doctrine abound in our churches in america today as many of the churches i have visited the last few years have very little cinviction of sin but only a feel good gospel
And covering up sin with false GRACE

These are the 2 false doctrines...
1. You do not need to confess sin to maintain your salvation
2. You do not even need to confess sin to be born again
Just simply believe...no confession

• Agree
Reactions: arc90901
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

As with many theological issues, a lot of confusion is introduced due to a disagreement about definitions. Justification is instantaneous and is likened to being "born again" and promises eternal life. The baptism of the Holy Ghost is instantaneous, and Glorification is instantaneous (in the twinkling of an eye). It is then understandable that some theologians would understand Sanctification would likewise be instantaneous and eternal.

This much I know - our western church has become largely antinomian; therefore the "holiness" principle to battle every trace of sin is of great and admirable import! Grace has been overemphasized to the point of lawlessness. We should hate sin instead of excusing it! We should hate it not because we are seeking to 'earn' salvation, but because we want to be more pleasing to Him!

I know that there is a sanctification that is a process, for I am experiencing it daily. I have never reached the goal of being entirely sanctified but I do strive for it. I have not experienced a "lightening bolt" from heaven that forever separates me from the possibility of sin, and in truth I expect that many Weslyans confuse instantaneous sanctification with the baptism of the Holy Ghost....but I sure do admire those who are struggling to overcome sin - not in order to earn salvation, and not due to guilt or shame, but I sure admire those who are striving to please the Master!

As you walk out your faith today, remember that every sin has a price-tag! Can you even imagine trying to haggle with our Lord, who was tempted in the same ways that we are? Praise Him! Hallelujah!

Well said. I believe Sinless Perfection or Entire Sanctification is the goal of our Sanctification (i.e. the Sanctification process that is done by the Lord living within us) and not having reached that goal is not a salvation issue. The problem is in denying the belief of "Sinless Perfection" because it is denying God's will or plan of holiness for our lives here upon this Earth. The alternative is Sinful Imperfectionism (i.e. sin) or a sin and still be saved gospel (Which is wrong).

I provided 50 verses that defend Sinless Perfection in this thread here:

A Biblical Defense of Sinless Perfectionism.

Also, here is a good video on the defense of Sinless Perfection, as well.

I hope you enjoy.
And may God bless you.

Upvote 0