Enough to make a person puke

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
You've been warned this is a highly offensive video---offensive to those of us with a brain.

The subject aside, the guy giving the speech, Ron Carlson, is an absolutely terrible speaker. But give it a look-see anyway, if for no other reason than to see exactly what kind of mindless pap is being peddled in the name of creationism, and, I assume, is being scarfed up by the audience. (You may want to keep a barf bag close by.)

Just click

A bit of bio background on Dr. Ron Carlson
Dr. Ron Carlson is founder and president of Christian Ministries International, a ministry devoted to evangelism and equipping Christians to have “Answers to their Faith,” I Peter 3:15. Dr, Carlson is recognized worldwide as one of the foremost authorities and lecturers in the areas of cults, world religions, evolution vs. creation, and Christian apologetics. Dr. Carlson has traveled and spoken in 79 countries on six continents. His lectures in churches, universities, missions and pastor’s conferences present powerful Biblical response to world religions, cults, new age spirituality, the occult and evolution. His captivating style of speaking presents truth in a loving and graceful way that reaches both the mind and heart of believers, as well as skeptics.
Ron is a graduate of both Bethel University with a degree in philosophy and Bethel Theological Seminary in St. Paul, Minnesota with a master’s degree in theological study. He received his doctor of divinity from Northwest Graduate School of Ministry in Redmond, Washington.
source
Anyone surprised that he has absolutely no academic background in the sciences? Of course not.

Last edited:

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why can't I get a job where I can set up strawman arguments, claim victory and collect my check, all without any qualifications or backgrounds in science?

Creationists have all the luck /sarcasm

BTW, thanks for the recommendation regarding the barf bag :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I couldn't get through it. I was too upset by the fact that the audience was completely agreeing with him. I don't know why they're so dishonest; it seems like once the audience finds out the true methods for themselves, they'll realize the preacher was lying to them, and their faith will be shaken, not strengthened.

Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
I don't know why they're so dishonest; it seems like once the audience finds out the true methods for themselves, they'll realize the preacher was lying to them, and their faith will be shaken, not strengthened.
I Think the reason they're so dishonest is because they can get away with it. And getting away with it means prestige (in their own minds at least) and money in the pocket. If Carlson was honest about the evidence what would he have to say in support of creationism? Absolutely nothing. He's giving the people what they want to hear, and why should he care if later on they find he's pulled a fast one over them. He's already spent their money.

Upvote 0

seeker777

Thinking is not a sin.
Jun 15, 2008
✟9,354.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I am a layman and I really don't know too much about geology or paleontology, outside of what I watch on National Geographic. This mans points are so absurd, he's like salesman selling snake oil to the poor farmers in the 30's.

He ignores the obvious.

He makes it clear that paleontologists aren't looking for skeletons, just chips of bone and teeth....Hmmm, I guess he or his audience have never heard of dinosaur valley in the badlands of Alberta Canada, where all sorts of skeletal remains have been found and will continue to be found.

" The age of the fossil MAY be determined by the age of the rock." Notice how there is no claim that it is the only way.

Let's see how you could do that...say you know conclusively that a specific fossilized species only lived during a specific time period...therefor you now know the age of the rock.

2) They have never found the geological column? What the heck kind of point is that? Are we expected to believe that the geological record will be in a nice tidy column all the way down to the core?

Oil companies? What does that have to do anything...they're drilling! The drill is destroying everything in it's path! Does his audience think that oil companies chip away at the earth with little hammers when they drill for oil?

I'm so glad that this Carlson has let me know that it is a world wide conspiracy involving virtually every scientist ( especially the evil ones) to maintain that the earth is 4.5 billion years old and not 6000 years old.

It's amazing that this man and his audience demand a crystal clear example of the geological record, yet we are all to believe, without having found it, in the great flood and Noah's ark.

I feel sorry for children who will be taught that the earth is 6000 years old.

The only Con appears to be this this man.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I Think the reason they're so dishonest is because they can get away with it. And getting away with it means prestige (in their own minds at least) and money in the pocket. If Carlson was honest about the evidence what would he have to say in support of creationism? Absolutely nothing. He's giving the people what they want to hear, and why should he care if later on they find he's pulled a fast one over them. He's already spent their money.
ah, that's right, it's all about the money. It's always been about the money, it just takes different forms now. It used to be those "pay your mother's way into heaven" tickets and now it's "buy my anti-evolution book!"
sickening.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,345.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oil companies? What does that have to do anything...they're drilling! The drill is destroying everything in it's path! Does his audience think that oil companies chip away at the earth with little hammers when they drill for oil?

I didn't watch the thing. But actually oil companies do take samples, yes from wells they are drilling. First fairly large (meaning gold ball and a bit larger) pieces can come up in the drilling mud. Second they sometimes take core samples from the side. They (or more accurately the wireline engineering firms they hire) fire things that look like 1 1/4 inch bullets with no nose and attached by cables into the side and get back pretty nice samples.

I know this from experience. I worked for Schlumberger for about 6 months decades ago.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I love how in the end he lies and claims Lyell created the geological column that says the earth is 4.5 byo because that was what was necessary for evolution! Lyell didn't come up with 4.5 by and Uniformitarianism and Deep Time were established well before evolution was accepted by the scientific community. His tongue must be forked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe if the "facts" didn't change with the weather, someone could get it right.

Please... we are talking about historical facts... but professional creationists like this guy don't care about such things... all they care about is what sounds good to their flock. So they LIE. You shouldn't even be defending this guy, AVET.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can you please give us an example of a "fact changing"?
Pluto being downgraded, Vioxx being taken off the market, another element added to the Periodic Table, global warming, overcrowding, Thalidomide the wonder drug, bacon is bad for you, eggs are bad for you, Olean, bacon is good for you, eggs are good for you, air doesn't have mass, Phlogiston, spontaneous generation, evolution, the Challenger will soon be in orbit, red M&Ms are harmful if eaten, the earth will run out of resources by 2000, the earth will run out of resources by 2010, the earth will run out of resources by 2020, 2030, 2040, 2050, etc., Harmonic Convergence and syzygy in 1988 will rip the planet apart, the Hong Kong flu, Y2K, the Cold War, the Doomsday Clock reads 11:55, the Doomsday Clock reads 11:50, the Doomsday Clock reads 11:59, 11:45, etc., Rock Hudson just has the flu, Mesotheiloma, the Speed of Light is 186,282 mps, 175,000 mps, 192,000 mps., etc., abortion is removal of "unwanted tissue", Solid State, pregnant universe, Nebraska Man, Lucy, SETI, the superconducting semicollider, Archaeopteryx, acceleration to 30 m.p.h. will kill you, flat earth, geocentrism, alchemy, different weights fall at different speeds, etc.

Just off the top of my head --- :)

Upvote 0