Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does it state in the scriptures that He was 'raptured'? Is it merely tradition that believers have assumed over the years that says he entered Heaven while still alive?

Hi and I have looked at STRONG'S DICTIONARY and there is no Greek word called RAPTURE !!

Only one Greek that explains when He is COMING / PAROUSIA for the BODY OF CHRIST IN 2 Thess 2:1 !!

dan p

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi and I have looked at STRONG'S DICTIONARY and there is no Greek word called RAPTURE !!

That's because rapture is an English word.

"harpazo" is the Greek word for "rapture".

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up HARPAZO/RAPTURE together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

When this verse was translated into Latin from Greek, the Greek word "harpazo" was replaced by the the Latin verb "rapio" meaning "to catch up" or "take away" (the Latin noun "raptus" "a carrying off"). The Latin word “rapiemur” is the word St. Jerome used for “caught up” when he translated 1 Thess 4:17 in the Latin Vulgate Bible. In Middle French "rapiemur" is "rapture" meaning "to carry away" which is the same meaning as Rapture in English. So while the English word RAPTURE is not in scripture the Greek word HARPAZO is in scripture and it is the origin of the word rapture. So, yes, a rapture is very biblical. A pre-trib rapture is not biblical because Paul places the rapture after the tribulation and second coming and after the resurrection of the dead. The rapture then will come after the great tribulation known as "post-trib".

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's because rapture is an English word.

"harpazo" is the Greek word for "rapture".

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up HARPAZO/RAPTURE together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

When this verse was translated into Latin from Greek, the Greek word "harpazo" was replaced by the the Latin verb "rapio" meaning "to catch up" or "take away" (the Latin noun "raptus" "a carrying off"). The Latin word “rapiemur” is the word St. Jerome used for “caught up” when he translated 1 Thess 4:17 in the Latin Vulgate Bible. In Middle French "rapiemur" is "rapture" meaning "to carry away" which is the same meaning as Rapture in English. So while the English word RAPTURE is not in scripture the Greek word HARPAZO is in scripture and it is the origin of the word rapture. So, yes, a rapture is very biblical. A pre-trib rapture is not biblical because Paul places the rapture after the tribulation and second coming and after the resurrection of the dead. The rapture then will come after the great tribulation known as "post-trib".

Hi and I did check again and could not FIND a Greek word for RAPTURE and some say the the word RAPTURE is from the LATIN and not from the Greek !!

I did check 1 Thess 4:17 and the Greek word is SHALL BE CAUGHT UP / HARPAZO and is the # G726 in STRONG'S DICTIONARY and is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD !!

I say that the KJV is the TEXTUS RECEPTUS also called the MAJORITY TEXT because it agrees with the majority of the Greek manuscripts !!

Here is another verse in Gal 1:4 and the Greek words are HE MIGHT DELIVER / EXAIREO and is in the Greek S AORIST TENSE , MIDDLE VOICE and in the SUBJECTIVE MOOD and is controlled by the SUBJECTIVE , because HE can PLUCK us out at any tine !!

2 Thess 2;3 I believe destroys the POST -TRI and the DEPARTURE / APOSTASIA of the BODY OF CHRIST should COME FIRST / PROTOS , then the man of sin should be revealed , the son od DESTRUCTION !!

dan p

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi and I did check again and could not FIND a Greek word for RAPTURE and some say the the word RAPTURE is from the LATIN and not from the Greek !!

It started with the Greek word harpazo, went to Latin and French and eventually became the English word rapture.

Upvote 0