Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
We had our harvest festival service yesterday morning, which I missed because I did not attend in the morning. I went to the evening service and saw all the food that had been gathered.

I think it is a good time of year, like any other time, to be thankful for all the good things that God has given and to remember that they are not there simply to be enjoyed by us, but to be shared with others.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reminder that we depend, even today on God for a harvest and the sight of Gods bounty towards us is encouraging.
As is the knowledge that the display is being put to good use and that the ofering is going to a good cause.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Locally the harvest services have been replaced by appeals for the homeless, for a few years now. Requests for toothpaste etc. I miss the smell of fruit and the beautiful displays of the past. Real thanksgiving services...
This year, when we had picked all the apples, I made apple shortcakes and invited my daughter and her family to visit, they loved them and we reminisced about the past times when we were all together at home... wonderful.

Last edited:
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.