Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever thought about what makes you glad you are WOF? I and my family have been healthier and prosperous (not just money) since we've gotten ahold on these truths and believe in the believers authority and in the gospel of grace teachings about entering the rest of God. I used to be such a worrier and overthinking stuff was "normal" to me. Now I just cast my care and if the Holy Spirit prompts an action or word on my part I'm conscious of that fact and when the devil tries to get involved I am MUCH QUICKER about rebuking him. What we say = what we have and that has changed my thinking a lot. Also learning more about the love walk.

Reactions: hhodgson

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
it comes from believing in the finished works of Jesus. If being saved is by grace, then everything else in life comes that way too. We are coworkers with God and we learn to walk by faith, walk by love, and to cast our care on Him. It is not religious life or works although these have benefits, but to rely on them to please the Lord can be a dead work and all the struggles don't make happen what God has already MADE AVAILABLE thru Jesus. We believe in the power and presence of God and expect Him to help us and to manifest Himself daily too. It can be exciting. Various teachers on TV are teaching more of this now. For years we went to assembly of God, non denom churches even baptist. Now all those churches have value but what I wanted was to sense more of the Lord and how to bear good fruit. One day I googled word of faith, and there was a very small one in town.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The Word of Faith movement started as a genuine revival, that has restored to the Church the importance and power of faith in the way we approach and worship God. It is a movement infused with love, peace and joy. It is a response from the Holy Spirit to the backsliding of the established Pentecostal and Charismatic churches that have largely lost their cutting edge and have gradually gone into their own style of formalism and have started to cater more for their own members than for the lost souls in their communities. The Word of Faith has been a breath of fresh air from the Holy Spirit into churches that had lost their first love.

This is God's intention for revivals like the Brownsville revival and the ministry of John Wimber, who started the Vineyard movement. When those movements become stagnant, then God will break out somewhere else. Those in the Word of Faith movement will have to be aware of that and to continue to pray that they will remain fresh and alive in Christ so it doesn't go stagnant like so many others.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Amen ,Oscarr.
I personally believe that the Word Of Faith movement ,is compared to other great awakening's through history.
Unfortunately like other great movement's critics and abusers of the movement kindle a fire that after a few generations burns out.
So many good Churches today are losing their members for a number of reasons.
Ministering to the lost is still top of the list ,but we need some mature but jaded Christians to seek God's will instead of the football game on Sunday.
The Christian Church has become passive in making a stand for Christ.
People who listen to the Holy Spirit will do God's will in public.
When we obey in deed ,we become Wittness For Christ.
People are watching us,far more than we might know.
Recently I made a u turn to minister to a young man who was very crippled.
I watched him fall and get up ,hold on to bushes due to missing a leg up to his hip, He only had one crutch.
People in cars right beside him,stared ahead like he did not exist.
After I went to him I u turned and looked over ,Bless God people were stopping in line to help him.
I am privileged that God chose me to hit a nerve with others in that they followed whs t I did.
God showed me something the other day ,He taught me someone needs to make a stand as a example, if not me who then?
We have a mission field right out side our door.
One of us could save a soul or a life tonight simply by being sensitive to our inner Wittness.
It's too bad so many are too busy to look beside themselves and see God's Kingdom right next to them.

James 2: 26. For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

• Winner
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Can you tell me more about this? How does it work exactly? Am curious...

It is very simple ,we walk by Faith not by sight.
We know our foundation is only found in God's Word.
We base our prayer life on the princables and promises of God through Glorious Word.
We know Christ has given to us the victory over this World, and All the Promises of God in His Word ,are yes and amen.
Personally when I'm being kicked around no matter the reason ,
I turn to God's Word for my answer.
Then I humbly pray according to the Schripture, with the knowlage that God's Word will not return void.
We have so much more Power Through the Baptism of the Holy Spirit ,He guides us in God's Word ,and Quickens our knowlage of things in the spiritual realm, that day by day our Faith grows along with our heart to please Him.
It is truly joy unspeakable to know God in Spirit and to know His will.
Sometimes our words are not pleasing to the ear ,yet when they are given By God and not our flesh they will change lives and eternal destiny for who we speak to.
God will provide all we can ever need or desire, yet our hearts desire is to please Him.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In other words, it's nothing other than what I have always believed and tried to practice with the Lord's help.

When those movements become stagnant,...

They don't get stagnant so much as (central) leadership decides to "control" them, deciding what was and what wasn't appropriate behaviour for the Spirit, and establishing rules, routines, rituals - things that bind, returning us to "the law." No matter how good and necessary we think these are, they ultimately lead to loss of personal growth and maturity and "hiding behind the rule book."

We tend to forget that humankind was not the only thing that experienced "the Fall." All human organisations and institutions are also fallen. No matter how good and pious the intentions, when we try to create organisations they ultimately show that they are under the "morality of death" and stifle the Spirit. This applies to organised "churches" as much as to corporations, civil society groups, missions boards, whatever, public sector organisations - even institutions like "easter" and "christmas."

"death" here is taken in its widest meaning - all that separates, excludes, alienates, discriminates against, etc. i.e. everything that interferes with our (and every other person) becoming the full human beings that God intended us to be.

• Informative
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Let's look at the Kingdom of God ,in retrospect to our society.
We are taught as children to obey the rules established by our society why?

With out a set of rules for society we would be in absolute kaos.
It is the structure that holds us together ,and keeps us from destruction.
The Kingdom of God has rules and structure as well.
If we do not follow God's Word ,our lives will be far worse than kaos.
Our Lives will be destroyed and cast down into Hell.

Matthew 10: 28. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
our society

Not our society actually, our rulers, our government. And only to the point that they do not seek to overrule the rightful place of God. As an example I refer you to Daniel and his three friends, who refused to worship the King (as early Christians also refused to acknowledge the emperor as god), and were willing to die tobe faithful to their belief in the One true God. (Rules for society are not the same as rules of society.)

Our societies do not always have the same rules as our governments - at least not as formulated in the law. Many countries say one thing about the rights of women as being the same as of men, but their "societies" continue to practice gender inequality. Many countries forbid the use of many habit forming sustances in law, while large parts of 'society' practice the opposite. Many countries have laws (even Constitutions) forbidding discrimination, yet discrimination occurs all to systemically. Examples are nunerous. Jesus refused to adhere to all the rules of society as set out by the religious leadership, adhering instead to the intent of that law (e.g. healing the sick on the sabbath).

Jesus had one way of expressing the balance; "render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's and to God the things that are God's." And where there is a clash, hold to what is God's while being willing to bear the earthly consequences - including death. (Thankfully I have never been put in position to know whether or not I could live by this myself, so it is not a judgement of anyone else.)

1 Peter 2:17
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Not our society actually, our rulers, our government. And only to the point that they do not seek to overrule the rightful place of God. As an example I refer you to Daniel and his three friends, who refused to worship the King (as early Christians also refused to acknowledge the emperor as god), and were willing to die tobe faithful to their belief in the One true God. (Rules for society are not the same as rules of society.)

Our societies do not always have the same rules as our governments - at least not as formulated in the law. Many countries say one thing about the rights of women as being the same as of men, but their "societies" continue to practice gender inequality. Many countries forbid the use of many habit forming sustances in law, while large parts of 'society' practice the opposite. Many countries have laws (even Constitutions) forbidding discrimination, yet discrimination occurs all to systemically. Examples are nunerous. Jesus refused to adhere to all the rules of society as set out by the religious leadership, adhering instead to the intent of that law (e.g. healing the sick on the sabbath).

Jesus had one way of expressing the balance; "render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's and to God the things that are God's." And where there is a clash, hold to what is God's while being willing to bear the earthly consequences - including death. (Thankfully I have never been put in position to know whether or not I could live by this myself, so it is not a judgement of anyone else.)

1 Peter 2:17
Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

My response was not political ,just a metaphor.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Word of Faith movement started as a genuine revival, that has restored to the Church the importance and power of faith in the way we approach and worship God. It is a movement infused with love, peace and joy. It is a response from the Holy Spirit to the backsliding of the established Pentecostal and Charismatic churches that have largely lost their cutting edge and have gradually gone into their own style of formalism and have started to cater more for their own members than for the lost souls in their communities. The Word of Faith has been a breath of fresh air from the Holy Spirit into churches that had lost their first love.

This is God's intention for revivals like the Brownsville revival and the ministry of John Wimber, who started the Vineyard movement. When those movements become stagnant, then God will break out somewhere else. Those in the Word of Faith movement will have to be aware of that and to continue to pray that they will remain fresh and alive in Christ so it doesn't go stagnant like so many others.

Excellent Oscarr! Thank you for your entire post. You have been around long enough in christiandom to know there are more than a few errors in the Word-Faith movement just as there are errors in every movement of God. If (man) is involved in any movement in (anyway)... there will be errors. Satan has been a master at exploiting our differences and caused divisions in the Body of Christ in every movement in Christian history.

Yes, any errors should be addressed regardless of who... (such as myself), or even the founders and co-founders and the rest of the (company) who have taught or teaches in the Word-Faith movement today. The question would be... who would QUALIFY (other than Jesus) to decide whose right/wrong in their interpretation? I personally don't believe everything WOF teaches... and I think it's possible that God planned all this as we (correct each other) in LOVE... (even if were wrong). It will be pure LOVE that WILL achieve the true unity in the Body of Christ that... we WILL definitely witness in the (days) ahead. I believe what Smith Wigglesworth said about seeing the greatest revival the world has ever seen and it appears to me that God has given (His Church) a final window of time to achieve this. When we see the UNITY abounding in the Church of Jesus Christ in these last days (that's NOT fully there yet)... that will show a positive sign that God's LOVE is also abounding and being manifested in the whole earth that we will see this end-time revival of souls for the Kingdom of God.

Yesterday, I heard the great-grandaughter of Smith Wigglesworth on Sid Roth's (Lillian de Fin) sharing his miraculous ministry. I would like to share what Lillian said about Wigglesworth prophesying about future revival events. In 1939 he prophesied that after the war there would be a healing revival and there was. Then he prophesied there would be Charismatic revival and there was amonst many of the denominational churchs, the Holy Spirit fell. And then he said, "I see people going to church with pens and notepads." And that was the word-of-faith movement. And then he began to say, "I see it. I see it." He said, "I see the greatest," (imagine this), "the greatest revival the world has ever seen."

Thanks again Oscarr for your kind words... You are blessed!

Word-of-Faith[1].gif

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0