Endtimes delusion : How strong will it be?

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's not possible to deceive the elect, but it will be a strong one, for sure. When you look at the delusions of the last 100 years, and consider that it will be at least as bad as the worst of them (think Holocaust, North Korea, etc), it's safe to say it will be pretty bad.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think it'll be? Will it be strong enough to persuade believers?

I find it hard to believe it'd be super obvious. Just me though.

I believe it will be aliens built upon the base of evolution. People already believe that life can evolve anywhere and many believe in the existence of aliens. Would be a fairy easy jump for demons to masquerade as aliens and pretend to be some kind of saviors with advanced technology that could save the earth from pandemics, global warming, pollution and so on.
Most people don't want saving from their sins, if they even believe in sin, no they would much rather be saved from Covid and global warming.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Agreed, the deception is all around us now.
What tears my heart so much is to see Catholics who agree with those strong deceptions, and who fall prey to them, and then encourage others to join in.
If only they could realize how much those deceptions must hurt the heart of God, our Father, Jesus Christ, our Savior, the Holy Spirit, the blessed Virgin Mary, and her most chaste spouse, St. Joseph.
Truly, everything in Creation protests and groans in agony and dismay at such wanton deception, that we are seeing now.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

It's already happened a number of times. The most obvious recent one was known as the Toronto Blessing. Blight more like it. It was definitely not natural, the manifestations were real enough. I know enough about the occult to realise where the manifestations came from. A Pentecostal "pastor", a woman (sorry, I don't buy women pastors) inadvertently gave the reason. "Pentecostalism is not strong on teaching".

Satan can easily counterfeit experiences and feelings. Ignorant Christians don't know how to discern. Even if they question what they see and hear, unless they are willing to seek the truth, it is likely that they will be deceived. I know dyed in the wool Pentecostal pastors complete with theology degrees who have been deceived. They go on to tell their congregation to swallow the deception so they go down the same path to nowhere.

The next deception may well be on its way. It may be harder to detect. Satan made some obvious errors last time. He may be be able to disguise it better this time around. We need to be grounded in truth and seek the gift of discernment. God was gracious to me and my knowledge of the occult helps. I had a great deal of help from someone much more spiritually aware than I was at the time. We sure need people of that calibre now.

• Winner
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It's not possible to deceive the elect, but it will be a strong one, for sure. When you look at the delusions of the last 100 years, and consider that it will be at least as bad as the worst of them (think Holocaust, North Korea, etc), it's safe to say it will be pretty bad.
Elect cannot be deceived? You are deceived already. Why do you think that Lord Jesus warned us?

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

TzephanYahu

Sep 9, 2018
Dorset
✟95,299.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Macchiato

The devil knows the same story we do and will likely use it against us. Therefore, I see two options...

Option 1: We may see an obvious "antichrist" chap arise, as a red herring. He may be intentionally evil and be enforcing the 666 mark in a clearly perceivable way. Then, the true antichrist would arrive posing himself as "Jesus" to save us. Such an event would not only fool many Christians but even non-believers too.

Option 2: Considering the media conditioning and news coverage over the last 60 years, may the devil will "arrive" as a friendly alien representative/saviour. He could promise world peace, leadership and healing for the earth or even escape to another. He may say he has visited many times in the past to help mankind and has been called buddha, mohammed and Jesus etc. He could say that he was the one who created humanity on earth in the first place - thereby making him a god to all. Such an event would fool many atheists, unite all religions and even turn the hearts of Christians away from the Word.

I hope that gives you some ideas of how things might play out.

Peace

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There is only one certain fact about the end times etc and that is that Jesus is coming again.
Untill he comes or we die it is our task to live visible as Christians.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
In short, when God created life, He made everything good.
But when satan wrecks havoc, he makes everything the worst that it can be, with the end goal to destroy everything possible, and to cause as much havoc, misery, death, and destruction as he possibly can.

Be careful, be discerning, and be faithful, putting your WHOLE faith in God, and in His Son, Jesus Christ.
And remember, our God is strong and mighty, and He cannot be defeated, but will win in the end. Praise The Lord!

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Only those that received not the love of the truth shall be deceived, God will send them strong delusion because they took pleasure in unrighteousness. I don't think any Born again believer can be deceived if they abide in the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only those that received not the love of the truth shall be deceived, God will send them strong delusion because they took pleasure in unrighteousness. I don't think any Born again believer can be deceived if they abide in the truth.

Gosh i truly hope not.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I agree.

Piercing the delusion will not be by anyone's own scholarship or deduction because Satan is more clever than any human. However anyone thinks he's got it figured out...he's wrong. Piercing the deception will not be by scholarship or by following the right preacher or prophet.

Only through the Holy Spirit will anyone pierce the deception, and every Christian around the world in whom the Holy Spirit abides will pierce the deception, including people who were saved only hours before.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At the time of the end it will be very clear, a man will rise up and claim to be God, performing all kinds of signs and wonders. This is actually God's will.

2Th 2:4 He will brag and oppose everything that is holy or sacred. He will even sit in God's temple and claim to be God. ... 2Th 2:9-12 When the wicked one appears, Satan will pretend to work all kinds of miracles, wonders, and signs. Lost people will be fooled by his evil deeds. They could be saved, but they will refuse to love the truth and accept it. So God will make sure that they are fooled into believing a lie. All of them will be punished, because they would rather do evil than believe the truth.

A part of the reason for this occurring is to cause the world to lose faith in Christ, those who do evil will be deceived into believing a lie. Faith in Christ, believing in Him is the only thing that saves, to ensure the evil don't believe God sends strong delusion, so they believe a lie.

• Agree
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟137,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At the time of the end it will be very clear, a man will rise up and claim to be God, performing all kinds of signs and wonders. This is actually God's will.

2Th 2:4 He will brag and oppose everything that is holy or sacred. He will even sit in God's temple and claim to be God. ... 2Th 2:9-12 When the wicked one appears, Satan will pretend to work all kinds of miracles, wonders, and signs. Lost people will be fooled by his evil deeds. They could be saved, but they will refuse to love the truth and accept it. So God will make sure that they are fooled into believing a lie. All of them will be punished, because they would rather do evil than believe the truth.

A part of the reason for this occurring is to cause the world to lose faith in Christ, those who do evil will be deceived into believing a lie. Faith in Christ, believing in Him is the only thing that saves, to ensure the evil don't believe God sends strong delusion, so they believe a lie.

What do you mean they refuse to love tge truth? Can i get an example?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This will be controversial. Commandment #4. Deut. 5:12-15

Jesus kept the Sabbath, just not in the manner that the Pharisees demanded.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The bible tells us that God gives each of us knowledge of Himself, but some reject that knowledge:

Rom 1:20-21 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse: because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened.

Joh 9:41 Jesus said to them, If you were blind you would have no sin: but now that you say, We see; your sin is there still.

Joh 3:19-21 And this is the test by which men are judged: the light has come into the world and men have more love for the dark than for the light, because their acts are evil. The light is hated by everyone whose acts are evil and he does not come to the light for fear that his acts will be seen. But he whose life is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his acts have been done by the help of God.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟732,859.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This will be controversial. Commandment #4. Deut. 5:12-15

Jesus kept the Sabbath, just not in the manner that the Pharisees demanded.

Jesus did not keep the Sabbath to the strictness demanded by Moses (as He did not keep the law about stoning adulterers, pardoning the woman caught in that act):

Exo 16:29 See, because the Lord has given you the Sabbath, he gives you on the sixth day bread enough for two days; let every man keep where he is; let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.

Moses prescribed that people should not even leave their homes.

Mar 2:23-28 And it came about that on the Sabbath day he was going through the grain-fields; and while they were walking, his disciples took the heads of grain. And the Pharisees said to him, Why are they doing what it is not right to do on the Sabbath? And he said to them, Have you no knowledge of what David did, when he had need and was without food, he, and those who were with him? How he went into the house of God when Abiathar was high priest, and took for food the holy bread, which only the priests may take, and gave it to those who were with him? And he said to them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath; So that the Son of man is lord even of the Sabbath.

The important thing is the principle of the Sabbath. Giving rest to people.

However, in our busy world, we in the West are leaving this principle behind, which is not a good thing.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It will be unavoidably strong for those God sets the delusion on. They will believe it and follow it without question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0