What do the Lutherans here believe (may choose more then 1)

• Amillenarian

• Dispensationalist

• Premillenarian

• Postmillenarian

• Pretribulationist

• Midtribulationist

• Postribulationist

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rechtgläubig

der Anti-Schwärmer
Oct 3, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟17,092.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
At our church we have just finished celebrating End Times. For those who don't, it is something we celebrate after Reformation Sunday and it lasts for 3 weeks after that. I was rereading an old discussion on another board that I had about the End Times and I got to wondering how varied the beliefs are in here.

I am torn between making the poll names visible. On the one hand, I am only interested in seeing Lutheran opinions and it would be nice to weed out anyone else who wanders in and votes, but on the other hand, I don't want to put anyone on the spot or make them worried about voting if they don't feel like getting into it.

RULES:

I guess I will keep the names hidden and ask that only Lutherans vote in the poll, please.If you want to post your view in the form of a reply too in order to discuss, then please feel free.

If you are not Lutheran, you are welcome to post your reply in the thread, but again please don't vote in the poll.

Thanks! :D

-Me

SPALATIN

Lifetime friend of Dr. Luther
May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rechtgläubig said:
At our church we have just finished celebrating End Times. For those who don't, it is something we celebrate after Reformation Sunday and it lasts for 3 weeks after that. I was rereading an old discussion on another board that I had about the End Times and I got to wondering how varied the beliefs are in here.

I am torn between making the poll names visible. On the one hand, I am only interested in seeing Lutheran opinions and it would be nice to weed out anyone else who wanders in and votes, but on the other hand, I don't want to put anyone on the spot or make them worried about voting if they don't feel like getting into it.

RULES:

I guess I will keep the names hidden and ask that only Lutherans vote in the poll, please.If you want to post your view in the form of a reply too in order to discuss, then please feel free.

If you are not Lutheran, you are welcome to post your reply in the thread, but again please don't vote in the poll.

Thanks! :D

-Me
Hey Me!:wave:

Up until 2002 I had been buying into the Left Behind theology. It wasn't until I started discussing Lutheranism on some Yahoo Lutheran groups where I realized that the theology Left Behind professed isn't scriptural. Now I am Amillenial.

Upvote 0

Rechtgläubig

der Anti-Schwärmer
Oct 3, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟17,092.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
SLStrohkirch said:
It wasn't until I started discussing Lutheranism on some Yahoo Lutheran groups

Scott, please don't refer to Lutherans as "yahoos"

Rule No. 1 - No "Flaming"
You will not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.
1.2 You may discuss another member's beliefs but there will be no personal (ad hominem) attacks on the member himself or herself.
1.3 You will not misquote another member regardless of context.
1.4 You will not directly state or otherwise imply that another member is not a Christian.
1.5 You will not directly state or otherwise imply that another member is not a "good" or "proper" Christian.

Upvote 0

Rechtgläubig

der Anti-Schwärmer
Oct 3, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟17,092.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
^_^ ^_^ ^_^ Couldn't resist. :D

Anyway, yeah I read through most of those books and believed it, I just didn't know there was anything else at the time. Once I saw the clear statements made by Jesus, Paul and others and that they contradicted peoples interpitations of Revelation, Ezekiel, and Daniel, I was on track.

:D

Upvote 0

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know....I have known a few Yahoo Lutherans in my day! :p

Recht, you are fortunate to get such good instruction on this topic, especially since there is so much nonsense and incorrect theology out there. There are some people who attend our church (I know because they told me) who think the Left Behind Series is completely Scriptural. YIKES!!! :sigh:

Peace

Rose

Upvote 0

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
You may laugh, but when I was a grader of seminary student papers (many moons ago), I was shocked at how many of our four-year college graduates with 2-4 more years of seminary training could not spell correctly. :scratch: For that matter, some couldn't even compose a complete sentence.

:idea: Maybe we should offer remedial spelling to all pre-ministerial students! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Luthers Rose said:
I don't know....I have known a few Yahoo Lutherans in my day! :p

Recht, you are fortunate to get such good instruction on this topic, especially since there is so much nonsense and incorrect theology out there. There are some people who attend our church (I know because they told me) who think the Left Behind Series is completely Scriptural. YIKES!!! :sigh:

Peace

Rose
How many are transplants from other denominations?

Even if the rapture and tribulation theories were correct, the Left Behind series made a joke out of it. It was so unrealistic. Everyone suddenly had unlimited and free internet/ satellite access?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Phoebe said:
How many are transplants from other denominations?
Actually, the couple that specifically stick out in my mind are life long Lutherans from Iowa, former ELCA. In fact, when their pastor found out they were moving here he recommended them joining a Methodist congregation or Presbyterian instead of our LCMS congregation!!! :eek: Anything but LCMSers!!! :D

Oh well, we got 'em now and will work 'em over a bit 'til we get 'em right! ^_^

Peace

Rose

Upvote 0

SPALATIN

Lifetime friend of Dr. Luther
May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rechtgläubig said:
Scott, please don't refer to Lutherans as "yahoos"
I hope that you are just misunderstanding me here. WWW.Yahoo.com had various groups that one could get onto and post much like here. I wasn't calling any of us Yahoos.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟22,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
SerenityBlue said:
I voted in the poll, but please be aware that I change my mind on this almost weekly....sometimes daily! Does this make sense? I can't decide on it, and keep it.

I didn't vote, 'cause I don't really have a view. . .but I don't believe those "Left Behind" books! Drives me crazy when people tell me they are scriptural. .and I have no desire to read them from just the skimming I've done of about two books.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

Rechtgläubig

der Anti-Schwärmer
Oct 3, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟17,092.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
filosofer said:
You may laugh, but when I was a grader of seminary student papers (many moons ago), I was shocked at how many of our four-year college graduates with 2-4 more years of seminary training could not spell correctly. For that matter, some couldn't even compose a complete sentence.

Maybe we should offer remedial spelling to all pre-ministerial students!
Filo gets extra credit for pointing that out. :D

Well, I don't feel so bad then. I don't have any of that schooling, just a high school education. Besides, I am a self proclaimed idiot. :D

Scott said:
I hope that you are just misunderstanding me here. WWW.Yahoo.com had various groups that one could get onto and post much like here. I wasn't calling any of us Yahoos.
Yeah Scott, I was just messing around. :p ^_^

Upvote 0

Organist

Hammond A102
Nov 12, 2004
California
✟12,880.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
KagomeShuko said:
I didn't vote, 'cause I don't really have a view. . .but I don't believe those "Left Behind" books! Drives me crazy when people tell me they are scriptural. .and I have no desire to read them from just the skimming I've done of about two books.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

I've never read those. Didn't think it was worth it....very few authors catch my attention on that. A few Bible studies had us going over each view, and parts of each sound good, but there is always something that is contrary to my interpretation. Then I change my ideas later on. Oh well... :sigh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.