✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Zephaniah, The name Zephaniah means – God reveals hidden secrets:

Keep silent before the Lord, for the Day of the Lord is near, He has prepared a sacrifice and set apart those He has invited. Isaiah 34:5-6

The Great Day of the Lord is near and coming fast, no runner is as swift as that Day, no warrior so fleet. That Day will be a Day of God’s wrath, a Day of anguish and torment, a Day of destruction and devastation, a Day of cloud and darkness, of trumpet calls and distress of the peoples. Because of their sins, their blood will be poured out and their bowels spilled like dung. Their rich possessions will not avail to save them from the fire of the Lord’s wrath, for He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the holy Land. Jeremiah 10:18, Ezekiel 21:1-4

On the Day of the Lord’s sacrifice, He will stretch His hand over Judah, [the State of Israel] and over all who live in Jerusalem. He will wipe out from that Land all traces of idol worship, all those who have turned their backs to Him and have neither sought the Lord nor acknowledged Him. The Lord will punish their leaders and rabbis, all those who are ruined by complacency and all who commit crimes of violence and fraud. There will be a great noise as the Land is devastated, even the birds and fish will be gone and the whole earth will be affected by the fire of His judgement.

Humble yourselves, you shameful nation before you disappear like burning chaff, Matthew 3:12, before the burning anger of the Lord comes upon you. Seek the Lord all you dwellers in the Land, seek righteousness, seek humility and it may be that you will find shelter on the Day of the Lord’s wrath.

Gaza and all the cities of the Palestinians will be deserted and become a waste, at noon day, they will all be laid in ruins, bereft of inhabitants. Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Egypt and Arabia will become like Sodom, a deserted wasteland and those of Israel who survive - the remnant of My nation, will take over those lands. You Cushites too, [Arab and African peoples] will be slain by the Lord. This will be a retribution for their arrogance, for they have insulted the Lord’s people and encroached on their Land. The Lord will bring terror upon them and will discredit their religion. Then the people of the coast and islands, [the Western nations] will worship the Lord, each in their own country.

Woe to Judah, they heeded no warning, took no rebuke to heart and never put their trust in the Lord. Her leaders are like roaring lions, her rabbis have falsified the Law, but the Lord in their midst dispenses justice to them. Twice now, [using Babylon and Rome] He has destroyed their cities and exiled them, so He thought: surely now they will fear Me and take My instruction to heart. But they have hastened all the more to do evil and go their own sinful way. Therefore wait for the Day when the Lord stands up and accuses them! He will pour His fiery wrath upon them and the earth will be enveloped by the flames of His wrath. 2 Peter 3:7
On that Day, the Lord will rid the Land of all the proud and arrogant peoples, only a remnant of poor and lowly people will be left, a righteous people will live there in peace and safety.

Then: be glad all you who trust in the Lord, He has swept away all your foes, the Lord your God will be with you. He will rescue the lost and gather the dispersed and bring them home, they will be envied by all the other peoples of the earth. It is the Lord who will do all this.
Revised English Bible; abridged and paraphrased. [If anybody considers I have altered any truths or meanings in this Bible story, please say what and where and I will correct it]

Last edited:

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Do not forget this part of the story [Jeremiah 30; Zechariah 13:8-9]

Ezekiel
20:33 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:

20:34 And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.

20:35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.

20:36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.

20:37 And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

20:38 And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

20:39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, if ye will not hearken unto me: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.

20:40 For in mine holy mountain, in the mountain of the height of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, there shall all the house of Israel, all of them in the land, serve me: there will I accept them, and there will I require your offerings, and the firstfruits of your oblations, with all your holy things.

20:41 I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen.

20:42 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to your fathers.

20:43 And there shall ye remember your ways, and all your doings, wherein ye have been defiled; and ye shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for all your evils that ye have committed.

20:44 And ye shall know that I am the LORD when I have wrought with you for my name's sake, not according to your wicked ways, nor according to your corrupt doings, O ye house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No answer for you son .... I do not correspond with people who cause problems
Straightshot, you are a brother Christian. I am not in the business of causing problems to anyone. I post what the Bible tells us and if you object to that because it doesn't suit your beliefs, then you do have a problem. Not with me, but with your beliefs.
Time is so short now for all of us to understand what God intends to do, as He has informed us through His prophets. The details are all there, in our language. Why should any of us be surprised and in the dark about what will happen?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Connecting the end times dots- the first step is to have all the events yet to happen listed, then line them up correctly and logically:
1/ Working back from the main event, the one we all agree on; the glorious Return of Jesus to reign on earth for 1000 years. At that time, Jesus destroys the armies of the Anti-Christ, imprisons Satan and gathers His elect to Him.
2/ Before the return, the AC is allowed to gain control over the holy ones of the Most High. Daniel 7:24, Revelation 13:7 For 3 1/2 years, which is also the period of the Great tribulation.
3/ The AC comes in force to the holy Land and takes over the new nation of Beulah. Daniel 11:31-34 The holy people are tested by this difficult time. Daniel 11:32, Revelation 13:10, Matthew 24:22
4/ Zechariah 14:1-2 Also describes this time and says that half the population will be taken to a place of safety. Who are the holy ones and who is taken to a place of safety? Revelation 12:6,14 The woman who gave birth to the ruler (Jesus) is looked after in safety for 1260 days. This woman is righteous Israel. The holy ones are those Christians who must face further testing and refinement. Revelation 13:9-10, Revelation 12:17 Therefore, those in the holy land at the time of the AC are all the Lord's people. [Not the State of Israel who are 48% atheists and 20% Muslim plus others]
5/ Just before Zechariah 14 is Zechariah 13:7-9 ... throughout the land 2/3 will die, the remaining 1/3 will be refined by fire and the remnant will acknowledge God and Jesus. This is the fire judgement of the Middle East as prophesied. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 2:4-5, Ezekiel 5:1-3, Isaiah 33:14, Deuteronomy 32:41-43
But there are some dots missing between 4 & 5 because there is only a remnant left in the land after the fulfilment of Psalm 83, Ezekiel 20:45-48, Isaiah 33:14 etc. The land of Greater Israel must be repopulated for there to be the Lord's righteous people living there before the Return. So, the line of dots as I see it is:
  • This next Middle East event clears the entire region, excepting for a small number of Jews in Jerusalem. Isaiah 6:11-13, Jeremiah 12:14, Ezekiel 21:1-7, Ezekiel 14:21-23, Zechariah 12:11-14
  • The land is regenerated. Isaiah 32:15-20, 43:19-21, Ezekiel 36:8-12
  • The descendants of Abraham (now people from every tribe, nation and language) are gathered, Isaiah 11:11-12, Jeremiah 16:14-16 Micah 2:12, then judged, Ezekiel 34:20, 20:34-36, then settled in Israel. Deuteronomy 15:18-21, Ezekiel 39:25-29, Micah 7:11-12 plus many other prophecies.
  • They select leaders. Jeremiah 3:15, Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11
  • They live in peace and prosperity for several years. Isaiah 51:3, Psalms 107:35-38, Amos 9:13-15
  • They rebuild the Temple. Zechariah 8:9-15, Zechariah 6:15, Ezekiel 43:12
  • A huge army from the North advances to attack: Ezekiel 38:8-12
  • That army (Gog from Magog) is totally destroyed. Ezekiel 38:21-23, Joel 2:20
  • God reveals His glory and His people acknowledge their Redeemer. Ezekiel 39:21-24, Isaiah 29:22-23
  • 'Many" of the people agree to a peace treaty with the leader of the One Word Government. Daniel 9:27a, Daniel 11:32 By plausible promises, he will win over those who are ready to violate their Covenant God ... but some will remain faithful... Isaiah 28:14-15
  • This 7 year treaty is broken at the mid point, commencing the Tribulation. Daniel 9:27b
  • Exactly 1260 days later, Jesus returns and commences His reign. Daniel 12:7.
There are more details and the timings are not clear, but this seems to be the basic end times scenario.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Great Chapter of Isaiah 29:1-24
What will happen very soon: Woe to you, Jerusalem, you will become My fire Altar. Suddenly, in an instant punishment will come from the heavens. The Lord will act in His wrath against all those who make war against Jerusalem, all those who surround Israel. With a great noise amid flames of devouring fire, earthquakes and powerful storms, they will disappear like a dream, like a vision of the night – gone when you awake. So it will be with the horde of nations who attack the holy Land. They will crumble into dust and be blown away like chaff. Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12, Revelation 6:12-17 This is quite a different event from Armageddon, it is the many prophesied Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, a literal day of a Coronal Mass Ejection sunspot explosion. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1, 2 Peter 3:7
But, disaster will come to those who live in the Land, there will be mourning and tears when the Lord makes Jerusalem His fire altar. He will bring those people down, the survivors will hide underground, their voices will squeak out of the earth. Isaiah 31:5, Zechariah 13:8-9

The Lord’s people – Jews and Christians:
Because My people worship Me with empty words and pay Me lip service, while their hearts are far from Me and their religion is but human doctrines learnt by rote, therefore I shall shock them again and again. The wisdom of their learned people will vanish and all discernment will be lost. Matthew 11:25-26
Woe to those who try to hide their devious plans from the Lord. All those who say: Who can see what we do? Who knows our plans? Do not think your Maker is unaware of your doings, you are placing yourself higher than Him, if you think that. 1 Peter 3:12

Belief in wrong teaching leads to an inability to understand the truth:
If you confuse yourself, you will stay confused, if you blind yourself, you will stay blinded. Be drunk, but not with strong drink, for the Lord has poured upon you a spirit of deep stupor. He has closed your eyes to prophetic understanding and muffled your heads; your so called, wise teachers. For you the Prophetic vision of the end times is like a sealed book that you cannot read. Isaiah 6:9-10, Acts 13:41

The Word of the Lord to the descendants of Abraham, all the true Christian people of God:
This is no time for you to be distressed, not a time for you to be frightened, for you will praise and worship My Name, [Jesus] when you see what has been done in your midst. [1 Peter 1:5] You will hold sacred your Redeemer and regard your God with awe. THEN the confused will understand and those who refused instruction will believe the truth. Isaiah 32:3-4

The holy Land Regenerated: Ezekiel 36:8
In a very short time Lebanon [and all of the holy Land] will be brought back from ruin to like a garden land and good fertile land will be as common as scrubland is now. Joel 3:18
The Lord will send rain immediately after the terrible fires and earthquakes of the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, as described in Isaiah 30:25

The veil of misunderstanding will be lifted then: Isaiah 32:4
On that Day the deaf will hear with understanding the Words of scripture and the spiritually blinded will see the truth. The lowly will once again rejoice in the Lord and the poor will exult in the Holy One of Israel. For the ungodly and the arrogant will cease to exist. Those who are quick to find mischief and those who falsely accuse others or lay traps for the unwary; all these will be cut down and perish. Isaiah 66:17, 2 Peter 3:7

The Great Exodus of the Lord’s righteous people to their inheritance:
On that Day, [NOT the Return, but at the next prophesied event.] the Lord will exert His power a second time to recover the remnant of His people from wherever they are scattered around the world. Isaiah 49:12-13, Isaiah 66:20 He will make a sign to the nations and gather those dispersed of the House of Israel, [now the Christian peoples] He will assemble Judah’s scattered people and the enmity between Israel and Judah will cease. Ezekiel 37:13-28 Ref. REB, NIV. Some verses abridged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread had a clean up. As a reminder, the site rules include:

Flaming and Goading
Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not personally attack other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, or smileys clearly meant to goad.
Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

II. No flaming opposing theological views

The Eschatology forum is for discussing and debating the various theological viewpoints of biblical end times events. All members who participate in Eschatology are self-identified Christians through adherence to the Christian Forums' Statement of Faith and the Trinitarian nature of God. It is expected that people who post in the Eschatology forum will respect all members of the Christian faith.
  • Always remember that you are first and foremost brothers and sisters in Christ, regardless of your theological differences on the topic of end time events.
  • If you would be offended by a word or phrase applied to your theological viewpoint, then someone of the opposing viewpoint would be offended as well.
  • Do not identify a specific member, or a group of members, or a theological viewpoint with a derogatory or inflammatory label.
  • Do not use words or phrases which other members have indicated are offensive and derogatory.
  • Words and phrases which have a negative connotation in Scripture should not be used to describe a member, group of members, or a theological viewpoint.

• Examples (including but not limited to): false gospel, false prophet, heretics, blasphemers, evil, sheep in wolves clothing, different God.

Keep it civil.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Everlasting bliss or eternal doom?

Multitudes of people throughout the world await the Glorious Return of Jesus to reign in His majesty. Many others doubt this and would like to eliminate the possibility, because they do not want to face the consequences.
Belief in the reality of Christ’s Return and His Kingdom, as against disbelief, means that there are two major categories of people in the world:- Those referred to in Scripture as “the people of God”, 1 Peter 2:10 and those who do not belong to Him – John 8:47.
For the Lord's people still living after the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, who can be from every race, nation and language, there will be rejoicing, praise, worship, and unending happiness. For those who have refused the salvation offered, it will be an opposite kind of destiny or just annihilation, but for both: the consequences will be eternal.
The distinction between the two groups is not based on education, race, wealth, culture, or religious affiliation. It is based on our relationship with God. We are all in one category or the other. The Bible calls unrepentant sinners “evildoers”. It calls forgiven sinners “saints”.
Romans 2:9-11 There will be trouble and distress for every human who does evil, first for the Israelite, then for the Gentile. But for everyone who does what is right, there will be glory, honour and peace. God has no favourites.

We who are followers of Jesus Christ are to keep faithful, praying, proclaiming the Gospel, manifesting His love and mercy, living for Him and doing His will– until He comes.
An attitude of faithful consistency in serving and obeying our Lord, is different from the escapist attitude of some who talk so much about the prospect of being raptured out of this wicked world at any moment.
The prophetic truth: “we shall be caught up in the air to meet Him,” as He Returns to earth, should not obscure the importance of being prepared for the trials and tribulations to come before His Millennial reign.

James 5:7-11 You must be patient, my friends, until the Lord comes. Consider the farmer, looking for a good crop, waiting patiently for the rains to fall. You, too, must be patient and strong, for the coming of the Lord is near. My friends, do not blame your troubles on one another, or you will be judged and there at the door stands the Judge. As your example of patience, look at the prophets, who stood firm under ill treatment. See how Job stood firm and how God blessed him in the end, for the Lord is merciful and compassionate. Those who keep their faith will be happy and blessed.
1 Peter 1:5 Because you have put your faith in God, you are under the protection of His power, until the salvation now in readiness is revealed at the end of this age.
Philippians 1:9-11 And this is my prayer: that your love may grow ever richer in knowledge and insight of every kind, enabling you to learn by experience what things really matter. Then on the Day of Christ, [His Return; Revelation 16:14b] you will be flawless and without blame, yielding the full harvest of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. John 3:16-21
Ref; REB. Some verses abridged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
END TIMES – SOME F.A.Q’s :

Who are the Lord’s People ?
To be gathered into the Promised Land, soon after the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. Ezekiel 34:11-31, Jeremiah 23:3-4, Isaiah 66:18-20
This is a difficult question and really only God knows. It does seem clear, from what the Bible tells us, that they are mostly actual descendants of Jacob.
But, even in ancient days, aliens joined and were accepted as Israelites:
Isaiah 56:8 Yet others I will gather, to those already gathered in the Land.
John 11:52 Jesus will die, not for the Jews alone but in order to gather together the scattered children of God. Revelation 5:9-10…people from every tribe, nation and language.
In Galatians 3:26-29. Paul says that all true believers in Jesus Christ are no longer aliens and are deemed by faith, to be children of Abraham. Isaiah 51:1-5
The New Testament brings a new day – not only would the Israelites be a part of God’s people but in this new day the Gentiles could be grafted into this people line. Therefore, all true believers in Jesus are now My People: the Israel of God.

You will know My people by their righteous lives:
John 15:16 You did not choose Me- I chose you. I appointed you to go on and bear fruit, fruit that will last.
Luke 6:44 Each tree is known by its fruit, you don’t get figs or grapes from brambles or thistles.
Matthew 12:33-35 You can tell a tree by its fruit.
Matthew 7:19 A tree that does not yield sound fruit is cut down and thrown on the fire
Isaiah 3:10 Happy are the righteous, all will be well with them. They will enjoy the fruits of their deeds.
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is the tree of life.

When will these end time events happen?
It is very scary, but it seems likely that the prophecies that speak clearly of the Lords Day of vengeance will be fulfilled in the near future. I agree with the idea that the Great Tribulation will finish with the Return of Jesus. An interesting verse in Luke 13:32 Jesus says that He will work for 2 days then will reach His goal on the third. As a day is like 1000 years to the Lord, then His goal- His Millennial reign will start exactly 2000 years after the start of His ministry, in 29/30 AD. And again in Hosea 6:2 After 2 days, He will revive us. On the 3rd day we will live in His presence; during Jesus’ Millennium reign.
So, working back, 2023 may be the start of the 7 year Tribulation. We can only guess how much time is needed for the Gathering and Judgement of His people and their settlement in the Land.
But, judgement may happen at any time, this crazy situation between Israel and the Muslims has gone on so long, just cannot stay like this forever. Watch Iran, their Shi-ite Muslim leaders are doing all they can to prepare the weapons to destroy Israel. This attack will be their doom. Deuteronomy 32:34-35, Jeremiah 49:35-36

How will His people gather in the Land ?
Jeremiah 30:10 Israel, do not despair, I shall bring you back safe from afar.
Ezekiel 34:11-12 Now I shall take a thought for My sheep and search for them. As a shepherd, I shall find and rescue my sheep, no matter where they were scattered.
Isaiah 49:22 The Lord says, I shall beckon to the nations, hoist My signal to the peoples and they will bring your sons in their arms and your daughters on their shoulders.
Jeremiah 16:15-17 I will bring the Israelites back to the Land that I gave to their forefathers. I shall send for many fishermen and they will fish for them. After that, I shall send for many hunters and they will hunt them from every place. For My eyes are on all their ways, I am watching them and I see any wrongdoing.
Isaiah 60:8-9 Who are these, that sail along like clouds, that fly like doves to their dovecotes? They are vessels assembling from the coasts and islands; they bring your children from far away, their treasure with them. The Holy One of Israel has made you glorious for His honour.
Hosea 2:14 Now I shall woo Israel and lead her into the wilderness, speak words of encouragement to her.
Psalms 68:7 God, when at the head of Your people, You marched through the barren waste – the earth trembled and rain poured down.
Psalms 68:17 There were myriads of Gods chariots when the Lord came from Sinai.
Zechariah 8:8 My people, brought back to live in Jerusalem.
Zechariah 10:10 I shall lead them into Gilead and Lebanon, until there is no more room. These places are now occupied by Muslims.

What will the Lord’s people eat and drink ?
Ezekiel 36:8 You, mountains of Israel will put forth your branches and yield fruit for My people, Israel for their homecoming is near. See, I am now for you, I shall turn to you – the land will be tilled and sown. I shall settle on you many people- the whole House of Israel.
Isaiah 41:17-19 The poor and needy look for water and find none. I, the Lord will provide for their needs. I shall open springs in the hills and pools in the desert.
Ezekiel 34:14-16 There will be rich grazing on the hills of Israel. I shall strengthen the sick and give My flock their proper food.
Micah 7:14….your flocks will graze in Bashan and Gilead as in days gone by.
Ezekiel 34:26-27 I will bless you with rain in due season. Trees will bear fruit and the soil its produce.
Psalm 81:16 You will be fed with the best flour and honey.
Joel 2:19 The Lord answered their appeal and said – I shall send you corn, new wine and oil. You will have plenty of food.

Where will My people gather ?
Ezekiel 37:21-22 I am going to take the Israelites from their places of exile among the nations. I shall assemble them on the mountains of Israel.
Amos 3:9 Make this proclamation – Assemble yourselves on the hills of Samaria, look at the tumult seething among her people.
Ezekiel 20:35-36 I shall bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, there I shall confront you and bring you to judgement. Even as I did to your forefathers in the desert of Egypt.

A leader appointed:
Jeremiah 30:21 A governor will appear, one of your own number – I will bring him near and let him approach Me. Hosea 1:11 Not Jesus as King yet.

Prayer and encouragement for His people:
Colossians 1:9-12 We ask God that we may receive from Him, full insight into His will, all wisdom and spiritual understanding, so that our manner of life may be worthy of the Lord and entirely pleasing to Him. We pray that we may bear fruit in active goodness of every kind, and grow in the knowledge of God.
In His glorious might, may He give us ample strength to meet with fortitude and patience whatever comes; and to give joyful thanks to the Father who has made us fit to share in the heritage of Gods people in the Kingdom of light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Habakkuk’s End Time Word

Habakkuk 3:1-19 Lord God, I know Your fame, I am in awe of what You have done. You make Yourself known and in your wrath You do not forget mercy. God comes from Paran, His splendor covers the sky and earth. As bright as the dawn, rays of light flash from His hand and thereby His might is veiled. Plague and pestilence go before and after Him. The earth shakes and nations panic. The mountains are broken and flattened. The dwellings of Cushan and Midian are destroyed.

What is the cause of Your anger, O God? You arm Your weapons and the earth and sea shake with fear. The sun and moon stand still. Furiously You traverse the earth, and trample the nations. You come to deliver Your people and save Your anointed ones. You shatter the house of the wicked, laying bare its foundations. With his own weapon You kill their leaders and warriors, swept away by a whirlwind, as they prepare to attack. Psalms 7:12-16
I tremble at Your advance, but I long for the Day of calamity to come upon our enemies. Although the fig tree has not yet budded and the grape vine bears no fruit and the Land does not prosper, even so, I shall exult in the Lord. God Almighty is my strength, He makes me sure footed and confident. Nahum 1:15 Ref: Revised English Bible. Some verses abridged.

Chapter three of the Book of Habakkuk, describes how the Lord will act to punish His enemies and protect His people.

‘as they are about to devour their victims – prepare to attack’. Verse 14 is an interesting description of the method and timing of the Lord’s Day of vengeance. “swept away by a whirlwind” and with ‘arrows of light flashing’. This can only describe a Coronal Mass Ejection, a sunstrike, which will occur at the exact moment that His enemies commence their attack. Confirmed by Deuteronomy 32:31-35...My reserve of punishment, stored up for My Day of vengeance, till the moment that their foot slips, [make a mistake] for their doom is fast approaching. And Isaiah 30:26…the sun will shine with seven times its normal strength.. Malachi 4:1+3, 2 Peter 3:7

‘as bright as the dawn’…Joel 2:2…like the dawn spreading across the mountains… As the earth rotates and nations face the sun, they will be struck with the fire and devastation described in Joel 2:1-11 and detailed in over 100 other prophesies. Jeremiah 25:32

‘With his own weapons, You kill the enemy, as they prepare to attack’. This will literally happen if a CME strikes an armed nuke missile and the microwave penetration will explode ammunition and rockets stored underground. Deut. 32:22, Jer. 49:35, Haggai 2:21-22, Hosea 2:8, Psalms 37:15

Note that: “His might is veiled” The Lord will not be seen at this time. Psalms 18:7-19, Romans 1:18

Furiously, You trample the nations’. This will be the fulfilment of Isaiah 63:1-6, Isaiah 2:12-21, Zechariah 2:13, Zechariah 14:13-15, Malachi 4:1, Hebrews 10:27, Revelation 6:12-17.

‘The dwellings of Cushan and Midian are destroyed’. Cushan and Midian: North Africa and Arabia. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 2:5&12, Isaiah 19:1-10

Punishment, trampling, fierce fire, etc. This cannot be construed as the same event as the Return of Jesus., described quite differently in Matthew 24:30, Rev. 19:11-13

But, this is also the Day of deliverance for His people: ‘The Lord does not forget mercy and saves His anointed people’. We look forward with great anticipation to the great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, when He will fulfill His promises to His people. 1 Corthinians 2:9
Judah ‘the fig tree’, the Jewish people, does not yet acknowledge the Messiah, and Israel ‘the vine’ still must come into their true destiny. When these happen, the Land and His people will prosper. Ezekiel 36:8-12, Joel 2:21-24, Amos 9:13-15

That will be the wonderful time when the Lords righteous Christian people gather and live together in peace in New Israel. Ezekiel 39:25-29, Isaiah 11:11-12, Isaiah 40:1-3, Jeremiah 3:14, Micah 2:12, Zechariah 8:7, Psalms 68:7-10. They will proclaim the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 49:6, Isaiah 66:19, Revelation 7:9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I can keep this story going for quite a while yet, the Bible has plenty of info about what God actually will do.

The Lord’s Power will be seen by the Whole World [but not yet His Presence]

Isaiah 52:1-14 Awake; Awake, Zion, put on your strength! Jerusalem: holy city, put on your splendid garments, for the heathen and the ungodly will never again enter you. Arise, captive city – shake off the dust and undo your bonds, you captive daughter of Zion. Not happened yet.

The Lord says: You were sold, but no price was paid and without payment you will be redeemed. My people were captives in Egypt, then in Assyria, but now what do I find? My people in exile and My Name reviled constantly.
But on the Day that I save My people, they will know My Name and know that it is the Lord who speaks. Here I am! Every Christian believer!

Deliverance is announced, as the Lord bares His holy arm and makes His power seen by the whole world. The watchmen of Zion shout for joy amid the ruins of Jerusalem, for the Lord has comforted His people.
Go out; leave Babylon behind, keep pure, you that keep the sacraments of the Lord. But you will not flee in urgent haste or leave like fugitives, for the Lord will go before you and your rear-guard will be Israel’s God. My servant will achieve success; He will be honoured and exalted. The time was when many despised My people, just as My servant was despised and rejected, but now they will see what they had never understood and their minds will be filled with things unheard of before. Ref: REB. Abridged.

My people in Egypt and Assyria’: Judah and Israel, conquered and taken into exile. Judah has maintained their identity, but Israel migrated from the Caucasus area and are now known as Caucasian/Western peoples. Ezekiel 11:15-17, Acts 26:6-7

The Lord bares His holy arm – His power is seen by the whole world’ This will be the next action of the Lord on earth. It is the many prophesied Great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath, a terrible judgement/punishment of fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis that will devastate the entire Middle East and severely affect the entire world. Psalms 83:13-18, Ezekiel 30:-5, Isaiah 66:15-16, Joel 2:1-11

‘My servant’, The Lord Jesus Christ. It is Jesus who instigates this judgement, as we are told in Luke 3:17. He will not be seen on that Day, Psalm 18:11, and from the many graphic descriptions of this event, it will be a coronal mass ejection, an sun explosion of unprecedented magnitude that will literally cause all the prophesied effects. Isaiah 30:26, Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 34:1-5, 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, Psalms 97:2-5

The Lord saves His people’, All true Christian believers in the Lord, who keep His commandments and trust in Him for their salvation will be protected on that Day. Acts 2:21, Isaiah 30:26b, Zephaniah 2:3

Go out of Babylon, but not as fugitives’, Babylon is a metaphor for the ungodly nations. The Lord’s Christian peoples have wonderful promises of how they will be transported back into all of the holy Land, where they will live in peace and prosperity. Isaiah 66:20, Ezekiel 36:1-38, Jeremiah 31:1-40

The Lord will go before you…’ In the same way as He did for ancient Israel. The visible Return will come later. Exodus 40:36-38, 1 Corinthians 10:1-4

What they never understood’, The Lord’s plans are impossible to know by any atheist or false religion follower, but also difficult for those who believe God’s Word if they have failed to properly discern the prophetic scriptures and allowed themselves to be swayed by false doctrines and teachings. Isaiah 29:9-12, 1 Cor. 14:22, Isaiah 29:24

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 144:5-8 Lord: Part the heavens, come down and touch the mountains, so they pour forth smoke. Send Your lightning flashes far and wide and speed Your arrows to their mark.
Reach out Your hand from on high and rescue me from the mighty turmoil. Save me from the power of enemies, whose every word is worthless and every oath is false.

The Lord will ‘part the heavens’, that is: the sky, our atmosphere and magnetosphere as prophesied in Revelation 6:14, Isaiah 34:4. This is what an exploded out mass of the suns surface will do when it strikes the earth. The microwave effect of its shortwave spectrum will penetrate the earth’s crust, causing severe earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Deuteronomy 32:22, Amos 8:8, Nahum 1:5

every word false’, The Islamic code of Al Takkya encourages them to use deception when dealing with ‘infidels’.

Psalm 145:14-21 In all His promises, the Lord keeps faith, He is unchanging in all His works. The Lord supports all who struggle in life, all those who lift their eyes to You in hope, He will feed and satisfy them in the time of His favor. The Lord is near to all who call to Him in sincerity, He fulfils the desires of those who fear Him, He hears their cry for help and saves them. The Lord watches over all who love Him, but the wicked, He will utterly destroy.

Psalm 147:1-6 How good it is to praise our God! He rebuilds Jerusalem and gathers in the scattered Israelites. It is He who heals the broken spirited and binds up their wounds. He knows all His people and calls them by name. Mighty is our God and great is His power and wisdom. He gives support to the humble and brings evildoers down.

‘people’ in verse 4 is normally translated ‘stars’, but from the context and as we see in Daniel 12:3, the Lord’s holy people are ‘like stars’. Zechariah 9:16
The Lord promises to save His people, ‘all who call to him in sincerity’. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21 Then to ‘gather them in a rebuilt and regenerated Land’, where He will ’feed them and satisfy all their needs’. The godless peoples and those who go to attack Israel, ‘He will utterly destroy’.

Psalm 147:12-20 Jerusalem: Sing to the Lord, Zion: praise your God, for He has made your Land and cities whole again and blessed your inhabitants. He brings peace to the Holy Land and food in plenty. He commands the rain and snow to fall in their due seasons. To Jacob, He has revealed His Word: His statutes and decrees to [righteous] Israel. He has not done that for the other nations. Ref: REB,NIV. Some verses abridged.

The true God fearing Christian Israelites, that is: natural descendants and those grafted in, people from every tribe, race, nation and language, will at last live in peace and prosperity in all of that area promised to the Patriarchs, will then fulfill what God had originally planned for them, that is to be His witnesses and a ‘light to the nations’, spreading the Gospel of the coming Kingdom of Jesus. Isaiah 49:6, Isaiah 66:19, Revelation 14:1-7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 50:22-25 The noise of battle is heard in the land, the sound of destruction. See how the hammer of the whole world is broken and shattered, how desolate is Babylon among the nations! Babylon, you have set a snare for yourself, now you are caught unawares, because you challenged the Lord – the Creator. He has opened His armory and brought out the weapons of His wrath, for this is a work for the Sovereign Lord to do in the lands of His enemies.
‘Babylon’ is a metaphor for the ungodly nations and alliances. The final fulfilment of this prophecy will be the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. ‘The hammer of the whole world’ refers to military forces. ‘The weapon of His wrath’- will be a massive CME sunstrike. Deuteronomy 32:34-35, Isaiah 30:26-28, Isaiah 66:15-16

Jeremiah 50:26-27 & 29-30 Come against them from every quarter, destroy their food stores. Wreak destruction upon them, put all warriors to the sword. Woe betide them their Day of Reckoning has come. Rain arrows upon them from all sides, let no one escape. Repay their deeds, for they have defied the Holy One of Israel. Therefore their young men will fall in the streets and all soldiers will lie still in death on that Day. Isaiah 34:5-8, Psalms 46:8-9, Psalms 76:3

Jeremiah 50:31-32 I am against you, you proud and insolent people, now your time has come - your Day of Reckoning, you will fall, with no one to help you. I will kindle a fire in your towns and it will devour all around them.
This is the fire judgement prophesied over 70 times in the Bible Malachi 4:1, Isaiah 9:18-20, Joel 2:1-11

Jeremiah 50:33-34 The Lord says this; The peoples of Israel and Judah are oppressed, held fast in foreign lands. But they have a powerful advocate, His Name is Y’hovah. He will vigorously defend their cause, so that He may bring rest to their Land, but turmoil to His enemies.
Isaiah 17:4-14, Lamentations 4:22, Ezekiel 36:7-12

Jeremiah 50:4-6 My people were like lost sheep, their leaders have not kept them safe and they have forgotten their true inheritance. In those days, at that time, the peoples of Israel and Judah will come together and in tears go in search of their God. They will ask the way to Zion, turning their faces toward that Land. They will say: Let us join ourselves to Y’hovah in an everlasting Covenant, never to be forgotten. ..search for their God, must be before the Return of Jesus.

Jeremiah 50:28 I hear the voices of those who flee and escape from Babylon [the godless lands] They declare in Zion, how the Lord has taken vengeance, retribution for His Holy place.
Psalms 25:12-14, Isaiah 54:10, Jeremiah 32:37-41, Ezekiel 37:21-28, Hosea 14:4-9

Verse 28 is very significant. It says how those who survive the Day of Reckoning and who emigrate from ‘foreign lands’, will then live in the Holy Land. His Christian people: ‘like lost sheep’, will travel to and gather in their inheritance, Zion: all the area given to Abraham. Ezekiel 34:11-31
They will praise the Lord for His salvation and how he has cleared the Land of enemies. Psalms 58:10-11 logostelos.info

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟290,792.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If Babylon was all nations, then why the separate messages to other Gentile places
Babylon was a city and the Jews were exiled there. It isn't hard to discern what's ancient fulfilled prophesy and what is yet to come.
Now, we can see that the Prophets use Babylon, as a type when prophesying against the modern apostate nations.
Note Isaiah 47:1 where the Lord's people are referred to as the virgin daughter of Babylon. I see them as the Western nations, now falling away from their Christian heritage.
Jeremiah 50:28 I hear the voices of those who flee and escape from Babylon [the godless lands] They declare in Zion, how the Lord has taken vengeance, retribution for His Holy place.
This verse is very significant: The Lord's Christian people will flee from the nations and live in Zion, all of the holy Land, by then cleared and cleansed of all the ungodly peoples. Deuteronomy 32:43
If you believe in any other outcome, you believe a lie.

Upvote 0