✟7,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So leading up to my Question, I need to layout some principles:

• In II Timothy 3, there is a simple formula to determine which books are scripture and which books are not. It has a simple God given checklist of five blocks:
  1. able to make wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus
  2. profitable for teaching
  3. profitable for conviction
  4. profitable for correction
  5. profitable for instruction in righteousness
  • I John states: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of God.
  • Galatians states: But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed
  • Final Point: Just because something is Tradition and hasn't changed for ages, doesn't mean it is from God. See Any of Jesus' discourses with the Pharisees. (Or, similarly, Protestants may refer to Martin Luther's discourses against the thousand-plus years of the Roman Catholic Church's Doctrine)
Now, with the aforementioned principles in place, the question still cannot be asked without some additional history that may trouble some Christians (try to have the mindset of the Berean Church as you read this!):

NOTE 1: The book of Ezekiel was one of the five books that almost didn't make it into the Old Testament. Many ancient Jewish Scholars once believed that it was not inspired canon. The story of how it finally was accepted as canon due to one Rabbi is a strange one, and may leave you unconvinced of its inspiration if you look into it. Some ancient believers stated it was a dark book that left them lacking, lost, or worse off for reading. It has sections that do not align well with any other parts of the Bible... except for the Book of Revelation.

NOTE 2: The book of Revelation was the last book to be accepted as Canon, almost 1500 years after it was written. This was accepted as cannon by the Catholic Church, but not by Martin Luther. He presented many arguments against The Apocalypse of John being inspired canon. It was mentioned in the early Church that the personal nemesis of John the Baptist, Cerinthus the Gnostic, wrote Revelation and forged John's name to it. Studies into the author's style show that it does not match any of Johns writings. Renowned scribes and translators such as R.H. Charles found many mistakes, and inconsistencies in the book. It fails to meet any of II Timothy's Checklists Criteria for Inspired Scripture (try it yourself). It has Christ stating, "behold, I come soon/quickly/shortly" (refer to Greek for your own verification), when Jesus stated in the Gospels that he doesn't know when he is coming! It uses a common practice of fake/forged scripture from that era for declaring curses against those who altered their text, and blessings for those who read it (notice that not one jot or one tittle of God's word can fail, and so therefore no inspired book requires this warning to keep its words from being altered). Like Ezekiel, this book is a book of confusion and darkness (God is not the author of confusion and in him is no darkness at all). Its confusion has caused more schisms, divisions, and denominational breakups amongst Christians than any other source.​

If I still have your attention and you are willing to believe the Truth no matter where it may lead, just so long as it does not contradict against Faith in Jesus Christ for Salvation (if it did contradict Believing in Jesus, then it would not be truth anyway)... I'd like to ask a question!

QUESTION: WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE ENDTIMES PROPHECY LOOKS LIKE IF YOU WERE TO DISREGARD ALL OF EZEKIAL AND REVELATION BUT KEEP THE REST OF THE BIBLE?

Reactions: dqhall

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
QUESTION: WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE ENDTIMES PROPHECY LOOKS LIKE IF YOU WERE TO DISREGARD ALL OF EZEKIAL AND REVELATION BUT KEEP THE REST OF THE BIBLE?

What comes to mind for us in our era is this, clearing those books from my head: there will be a general Resurrection, a Final Judgment, and the Manifested Kingdom of the world to come.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

• In II Timothy 3, there is a simple formula to determine which books are scripture and which books are not. It has a simple God given checklist of five blocks:
  • I John states: Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of God.
  • Galatians states: But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed
  • Final Point: Just because something is Tradition and hasn't changed for ages, doesn't mean it is from God. See Any of Jesus' discourses with the Pharisees. (Or, similarly, Protestants may refer to Martin Luther's discourses against the thousand-plus years of the Roman Catholic Church's Doctrine)
Now, with the aforementioned principles in place, the question still cannot be asked without some additional history that may trouble some Christians (try to have the mindset of the Berean Church as you read this!):

NOTE 1: The book of Ezekiel was one of the five books that almost didn't make it into the Old Testament. Many ancient Jewish Scholars once believed that it was not inspired canon. The story of how it finally was accepted as canon due to one Rabbi is a strange one, and may leave you unconvinced of its inspiration if you look into it. Some ancient believers stated it was a dark book that left them lacking, lost, or worse off for reading. It has sections that do not align well with any other parts of the Bible... except for the Book of Revelation.

NOTE 2: The book of Revelation was the last book to be accepted as Canon, almost 1500 years after it was written. This was accepted as cannon by the Catholic Church, but not by Martin Luther. He presented many arguments against The Apocalypse of John being inspired canon. It was mentioned in the early Church that the personal nemesis of John the Baptist, Cerinthus the Gnostic, wrote Revelation and forged John's name to it. Studies into the author's style show that it does not match any of Johns writings. Renowned scribes and translators such as R.H. Charles found many mistakes, and inconsistencies in the book. It fails to meet any of II Timothy's Checklists Criteria for Inspired Scripture (try it yourself). It has Christ stating, "behold, I come soon/quickly/shortly" (refer to Greek for your own verification), when Jesus stated in the Gospels that he doesn't know when he is coming! It uses a common practice of fake/forged scripture from that era for declaring curses against those who altered their text, and blessings for those who read it (notice that not one jot or one tittle of God's word can fail, and so therefore no inspired book requires this warning to keep its words from being altered). Like Ezekiel, this book is a book of confusion and darkness (God is not the author of confusion and in him is no darkness at all). Its confusion has caused more schisms, divisions, and denominational breakups amongst Christians than any other source.​
If I still have your attention and you are willing to believe the Truth no matter where it may lead, just so long as it does not contradict against Faith in Jesus Christ for Salvation (if it did contradict Believing in Jesus, then it would not be truth anyway)... I'd like to ask a question!

Having found life in God's loving truth i found both the books of Ezekiel and Revelation to be the most spiritually accurate about the forces i met Jesus as Lord of my inner world of being. As a matter of fact we can often trace our spiritual progress, step by step as the Word comes to life within.

Ezekiel is a perfect word to guide us from having life in sinful spirituality as God's children to being destroyed there in and finding life in His loving truth. i absolute love the words of Ezekiel, so true and accurately they speak about our lives in Him.
Ezekiel 36:26-27
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

How would i have know where and how God dwelt in my heart if not for the word as written in the book of Ezekiel? It is the only book in the bible that describes the temple The Lord Jesus built in our hearts for Him and His Father to dwell in Spirit.

Honestly in my believing self have seen every prophecy in the book of Ezekiel come true - time and again - as all the truths of the word found life in me.

When it comes to the book of Revelation this even more clear. i would have never understood about the beast of the sea, or the beast of the earth, ruling my inner world of being in sin being worldly. Or those Scorpions stinging me in my godless lusts would have gone unnoticed as well as the grasshoppers devouring my good life. i would still be completely under the thumb of The accuser of the brethren, who used to grill me with my sins without ever setting me free from them. i would not have understood how the false prophet uses speculation to interpret God's word and predict events. Neither would i have understood that Great prostitute ruling my heart through unfaithful love in the form of my religious understandings of God's word, which stopped me from finding Jesus as King of the heart spiritually? Without the book of Revelation i would not have know who the numbered were in my fight to find freedom from this world evil tentacles and i would not have know how i have life in my chosen with Christ.

Revelation 22:18-19
" I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll."

• Winner
Reactions: Llleopard
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus stated it clearly when He said "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth as it is in Heaven'. Man has rebelled against the notion ever since and the religion whored itself in partnership to the world of man over 1700 years ago. But what Jesus said will be as God lives in governance of man, and the governance by man will come to an end, whether they like it or not. His Gospel of the Kingdom was all about this, a gospel in plain sight but ignored for another.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Greek Orthodox Church does not use Revelation in its liturgy.

I liked Ezekiel’s vision of the valley of dry bones - Ezekiel 37. It reminded me about resurrection. It too is not perfect, but I liked it. Some of his other imagery is impossible for me to understand. I do not read there often.

At 62 years old, I realize my strength is diminished. I have weakness instead. I have today. What importance is it to me what day the earth will end? I can not even predict stock market moves.

God helps me make it through my day. “On earth as it is in heaven.”

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Probably something like in Luke 20

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

Keeps it nice and simple.

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Not much of a difference at all, since all interpret Revelation according to established theology, and not really as a proof text for anything. Now get rid of Daniel, and you may have a point.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The fact that some people do not wish to believe ALL of he Bible is TOTALLY immaterial. It is ALL true, and it ALL fits together perfectly.

And as a side note both Ezekiel and the Revelation were qouted extensively, as authoritative truth, in the very oldest surviving Christian commentary on Bible prophecy of any significant length, which is believed to have been written by Irenaeus between the years 186 and 188.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,387.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi PecosHeero,

Here are just a few scriptures -

Deuteronomy tells me God`s plan for the Gentiles, Israel and the rebellious. (Deut. 32: 43)

Psalm 2 shows the lead up of the nations to that judgment.
Daniel 7 reveals the great powers leading up to that time.

Heb. 10: 25 tells the Body of Christ that we will see the Day approaching.
1 Thess. 4: 13 - 5: 5 reveal that the Body of Christ will be caught up to the Lord before the Day of the Lord, (time period).

Joel 2 reveals the far northern army the God brings down to Israel`s mountains and deals with them there. (The Russian Federation.) This is the beginning of the tribulation.
Isaiah 31: 4 - 8 reveals the Global leader at that time.
Daniel 8: 23 - 25 describes the cunning of this Global leader.

Joel 3 reveals the end of the tribulation.
Zech. 14 shows when the Lord comes - when the world`s armies are surrounding Jerusalem.
Zech. 12 shows that the Lord reveals Himself to the people of Jerusalem. (Zech. 12: 7 - 10)

Daniel 12: 11 & 12 give the time from the Global leader to the Temple cleansing & Purim, (National celebrations - 1,335 days is at the end of this sequence - 1,260, 1,290, + 30 +15).
Esther 9: 18 tells us that the 15th of Adar is Purim. This is Israel`s last month.

Micah 4 and Zech. 14: 16 - 21) reveals what will happen in the millennium
Isaiah 65: 17 tells us that there will be a new heavens and new earth.

Upvote 0