United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was having end-times prophetic like dreams a couple of years ago. But I'm not having them anymore. Does that mean God is displeased with me?
No, sometimes He works in seasons. Pay attention to the season He is working on right now.

Reactions: Lybrah
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was having end-times prophetic like dreams a couple of years ago. But I'm not having them anymore. Does that mean God is displeased with me?
There haven't been any genuine prophets since the completion of scripture that replaced them. (First Century) Dreams only blow off steam. A release valve to dump all the phony end-time prophecies people make today.

Upvote 0

Mantishand

May 31, 2018
Murica
✟57,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There haven't been any genuine prophets since the completion of scripture that replaced them. (First Century) Dreams only blow off steam. A release valve to dump all the phony end-time prophecies people make today.

Why would you say that?

Acts 2:17 "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

I have had dreams that come to pass in waking life.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you say that?

Acts 2:17 "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

I have had dreams that come to pass in waking life.
This happened. But Paul said it ended with the completion of scripture. He says with the gifts we knew in part. But with scripture, we are thoroughly furnished. You become deceived the further you move away from scripture and rely on so-called prophets and visionaries.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Does that mean God is displeased with me?

Nope.

I actually did a good bit of studying of dreams while talking undergraduate and graduate courses in psychology. And besides that I have been in Christian groups of dream interpretation etc. especially with Charismatic Christians and so on, as well as read various books on "Spiritual gifts" etc. I do believe that our dreams can be spiritual (sent by God or "the other side), but I believe that most our dreams are a product of "the natural world".

One of the big problems I see in Christians who want to read something spiritual in everything they dream. The biggest predictor of what is in your dreams is what goes on in your waking life, as in what do you do, what do you think about, what is your emotional state like etc. Besides that all lot of random stuff happens in our dreams because sleep performs some important biological functions for us like resetting our cache of our memory, or defragging the hard drive of our mind to borrow those computer terms etc. I do believe we have spiritual dreams etc. but when those happen you will know what they are.

I however see a problem of many Christians believe that everything they dream is some kind of spiritual message. Not only is this not factually true, but this is a distortion of even what we see in the Bible. Their is no record of important major personalities of the Bible having spiritual dreams all the time. Most only had a few important dreams in their entire lives. Deborah the sister of Moses is one of the few people who may have had them semi-regularly based on some passages of the OT but that is about it.

Besides this the notion of having spiritual dreams all the time actually reflects a Shamanistic view of things that actually resembles pagan or polytheistic religion of other cultures of Africa, South America, Australia etc. more than it does anything from the Judeo-Christian tradition. Those kind of religions believed that dreams came from a Spiritual World, and when you dreamed your soul actually travels that world when you sleep! Anyway suffice it to say, I think these notions are very inaccurate and lead to a lot of confusion and problems. I've seen some very strange Christian believers on You-tube and Facebook that believe that everything they dream is a spiritual message and well they tend to prophesy and predict all kinds of crazy things that don't come true based on those dreams and their interpretations.

But I'll close by getting back to the OP, if you stopped dreaming of the end times most likely it just means that you have moved on with your life and are just thinking of other things now.

Take Care and God bless you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Does God still bring His divine revelations to His people today through dreams and visions? Is it established in the book of Joel that dreams and visions are to be a common part of the Spirit-filled Christian's experience? When we examine the Bible carefully, we can plainly see that revelatory dreams and visions were God speaking directly to mankind establishing His holy word and prophecy. So should we expect God to speak His word to us this way today when the fully furbished written word has been completed?

Please read the Scripture-based article to find the answer: Are Dreams and Visions for Today?

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This happened. But Paul said it ended with the completion of scripture. He says with the gifts we knew in part. But with scripture, we are thoroughly furnished. You become deceived the further you move away from scripture and rely on so-called prophets and visionaries.

Paul didn't say anything was finished. If he had he would have been just as wrong as you because John wrote revelation after Paul was dead.

So you believe John is a false prophet because he wrote revelation after you say Paul said all scripture is finished?
Say again?

Upvote 0