Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't even know Sept 23rd was a day to be worried about. When I was a kid, everyone thought it was y2k. :)

Do you think Christians can stop the end of the world from happening? Or have any control in this regard at all? I tend to think, if we don't, than why focus on it so much... individually speaking. I get some people focus on it to make money, like you said, TV evangelists. However, if I have no control over the outcome, why would I care to watch the TV evangelists? You know what I mean?

All my life I have heard about this group or that group who were certain that this was it--the Rapture would come, the world would end, the time was nigh. Some actually sold everything they had, gave away all their worldly possessions, and went to the mountain top to await the coming of the Lord. Millions believed the end of the Mayan calendar - December 21, 2012 was the final day.

All those days came and went.

The Bible says we can see the signs of the end but nobody but God will know for sure. The First Century Christians thought it would be in their lifetime and they were wrong.

I think we should all just go about our business loving God with all our heart and loving our neighbor as ourselves and God will take care of the rest of it.

(Disclaimer: I enjoy thinking and discussing eschatology as much as anybody.)

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is paranoid... because it implies the word "devil" is always used to actually mean the devil. I think you're attributing more meaning to a company name than is actually there.

It doesn't really matter to me whether it is taking the name of the devil or not, and I am also not saying what you should do. I am saying that in my own relationship with the Lord, I have a conviction not to use products or entertainment which glorify darkness, or mention the name of the adversary.

Upvote 0