Illinois
✟176,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know what exactly is going to happen, I know there will be a anti-christ, tribulations that I probably cannot imagine, things will go downhill.

This is why I hope for a pre-trib rapture, but with all the confusion I know I should probably look forward to what other interpretations are in case if there isn't a pre-trib rapture. Other than that I was hoping for it doesn't happen in my lifetime, but all this hope is just part of me trying to close my eyes in a sense.

Is everything really just around the corner? 5-10 years? Or do we probably have a lot of time left 100 years+. Jesus says we just won't know the exact day or hour, but with all the signs going on we can guestimate around how close we are.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,839.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what exactly is going to happen, I know there will be a anti-christ, tribulations that I probably cannot imagine, things will go downhill.

This is why I hope for a pre-trib rapture, but with all the confusion I know I should probably look forward to what other interpretations are in case if there isn't a pre-trib rapture. Other than that I was hoping for it doesn't happen in my lifetime, but all this hope is just part of me trying to close my eyes in a sense.

Is everything really just around the corner? 5-10 years? Or do we probably have a lot of time left 100 years+. Jesus says we just won't know the exact day or hour, but with all the signs going on we can guestimate around how close we are.
Read about what Christians had to suffer during communism, nazism, in muslim countries, in China, in North Korea, in feudal Japan, during the medieval era or during the Roman empire.

Its not about some kind of "last tribulation" or "end times in the future". You can die for your faith in every life span. You should rather learn how to control your fear of death than trying to figure out "when".

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

We can't guesstimate. Just be ready till you die.
Which might be any minute.

Intracerebral Hemorrhage - Brain, Spinal Cord, and Nerve Disorders

Upvote 0

Loyce KG

Everyone MUST hear the gospel of Christ!
Nov 19, 2018
Kampala
✟44,026.00
Country
Uganda
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Your concern for when the rapture will happen shows a deeper fear. Perhaps, you are not assured of your salvation or you have a fear of the unknown(death being part of it). Our Lord talked about the end times to give us hope and help us hold fast our confession of faith. As the world rages with violence, injustices and persecution of the truth, we are to remain sober, firm and hopeful of His return for His Bride. It's vanity to look for answers about Christ's return from men. Scripture tells us of the signs which would be like birth pains for an expectant mother.
I draw encouragement from Hebrews 10;23-27 which points us to faith, hope and love as Christians.

Shalom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There is far too much emphasis placed on the end times by Christians today. We have been in the end times since the day of Pentecost, so it's no different for you than it was for 1st century Christians or for your grandparents ! We are to live our lives fruitful, to love one another and bring people to Christ not worrying if or when our heads might be chopped off. Live your life, enjoy your life, each generation had reasons to believe the end was here ! It might be and it might not be here in our generation, even Jesus didn't know, He said only the Father knows but be ready. I'll go to the gallows laughing if is in my time because I know my destination and the poor slob dropping the blade has no clue what he is in for.

On another note, someone someday will be changed in the twinkling of an eye, someone will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and that will be a glorious day. Meanwhile we have a life to live and we all die a physical death, I might not finish out this day, I might be transformed, I might be lifted away into the clouds, I might be hit by an 18 wheeler pulling out of my driveway or suffer a heart attack. But I am ready and most likely and my expectation is I will sleep tight in my bed tonight as I did last night. We are blessed people who are in Christ Jesus. Seek Him not how this life ends, who cares how it ends you aren't going to change it anyway. But live for Jesus, live with Him in your heart. Go fishing or something and get your mind off this stuff but let Him count your catch. He is an ever present friend, named Might Counselor and God in the second person made manifest on earth 2000 years ago for the salvation of you and for me, rejoice in the name of the Lord on your first cast and on your last cast upon the water ! Trust Him that He will carry you through tough times. Raise one hand to heaven and place the other over your heart and say Thank You God every day, because this life is but a flash in the pan the next is eternally long.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Jesus also left us instructions that we can move away from trouble (Matthew 10:14). You don't have to hold your ground. Jesus also gave example if someone wants to kill you, you can act to protect yourself (Luke 4:29-30)

The Bible also gave us a few situations where we can lie. Lying or deceiving to take advantage of others is evil but to lie and to deceive to save an innocent life is permitted (Rahab). You can even break a commandment to save the innocent. (Matthew 12:11)

If that day comes, it's pointless to win anyone to Christ - let the wicked continue to be wicked. Thus, the emotional / inspirational charge of martyrdom is no longer important. Keeping yourself alive becomes more important as long as your survival is not at the cost of other people.

Things are not as gloomy if you follow those simple instructions and philosophy.

Do not let yourselves be sacrificed to the devil (thus, helping the devil!!) by evil men when that day comes. Defend yourselves!

Reactions: Dave Watchman
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The part as to we don't know the day nor the hour is about when
heaven and earth will pass away. It is not about the great tribulation.

Matthew 24/Luke 21
when ye see these things/as in the church will be here
look up

later - heaven and earth
shall pass away
that day
no man knoweth - day nor the hour
There will certainly be people on earth when they are instructed to look up when they see these things coming. However, that won't be the church. Here's the instruction for the church.

Matt 24
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the GOODMAN of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟690,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm going to say a few words, some of which have already been said.

First, for the person who has Christ there is nothing to fear, Deuteronomy 31:6 'Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid nor terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you not forsake you.'

The Bible recurrently expresses this theme. There is nothing to fear because we have a Lord who is greater than all and everything.

That said, the 'end times' are past. Those verses pointed to a period of time during the transition (ending of the) from the Old Covenant Era, to the New Covenant. As we see in the Bible, there was a period both eras were in effect which gave the Israelites time to make an informed decision for Christ. The end times (ending of the old covenant) was completely over in 70AD, with the destruction of the temple. That spelled the transition from the old to the new in full.

What we are looking forward today isn't a time of intense persecution, but rather a falling away from faith followed by the return of Jesus in Glory (and power) to judge.

Jesus asked the question, "when the Son of man comes, will He find faith in the earth? "

If you notice, persecution brings the spread of faith, and really solid faith at that. Persecution fosters faith really. The danger to faith is comfort and ease... we are always more in danger of not praying and seeking God's Face in the good times, not the bad. When things are going bad you never forget to pray.. So, the greatest challenge to faith is never persecution, but ease and comfort.

So the great falling away isn't necessarily in persecution, but in comfort (it's human nature). look around you, if your in the U.S., to see the truth of my words.

The prophecies aren't some kind of road map to a short period of time yet future that we must fear.. We have a hope to look forward to, and if your in Christ, there is zero to fear whether in your ease or persecution.

We all have different struggles in life, but the Babylon we were called out of is the world and it's trappings. Whether those trappings are doubt, fear, idols of varying kinds, we are the called out ones.. so live in the world without being of this world and live in Christ instead.

It's a beautiful thing, to fear nothing but displeasing God.. :)

Perhaps you should pray and ask God what it is He would like you to learn from this struggle..

Upvote 0

Samaritan Woman

Sep 2, 2013
Midwest
✟66,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is why I hope for a pre-trib rapture, but with all the confusion I know I should probably look forward to what other interpretations are in case if there isn't a pre-trib rapture.

I have been a believer for 18 years and spent that time not thinking much about the rapture due to the controversy surrounding its timing, however this past year I finally much in-depth study about it. Now I am totally confident in a pre-tribulation rapture, not because it makes me "feel better" or gives me a license to sin, as some argue, but because scripture is exceedingly clear about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'll believe the pre trib rapture when I see it happen. Meanwhile for those who think it is found in Matthew 24 someplace, you are mis guided, it isn't there. This idea that two are in a field , one taken away, the other left behind is not what you think. It's proven out in the parallel vs found in Luke 17 where yes it also says they were taken away, but to what ? DISTRUCTION !!!

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is a message to the people that will be here at the time of the end of the world.
No, that message is for the mostly Gentile church. It is for those who will be caught up before the tribulation begins. They will be gone in the pretribulation rapture BEFORE the signs of His coming are on earth. They are told that they will not know when the master will come. Then God turns his attention to the 12 tribes that are scattered across the earth. They will go through the tribulation......WHICH ENDS AT THE 6TH SEAL. They are the ones that will see the signs of His coming and are instructed to look up as their redemption draws nigh.
Jesus Christ will not just be returning at the end of the great tribulation/after the 7th trumpet sounds,
The great tribulation ends at the 6th seal...and then the wrath of God begins. The wrath of God ends at the 7th trumpet.
but also for Armageddon, and more...even at the end of the world. He will reign with the saints for the millennium, but leave, and Gog will gather again the nations. People will live on in the world after that war, then will come the time later when heaven and earth will pass away-the hour and day not known to man.
I agree with this........
the parable of the ten virgins - is for -that day
not the time of the great tribulation
The parable of the ten virgins is for the time BEFORE the tribulation begins which we can prove with this verse.
Matt 25
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Matthew 25 ends as to some go to everlasting punishment. It is showing how things will be at the end of this world.
Ok. I agree

Look at chapter 25 begins. Then...
We link it to what the scene was at the end of chapter 24.
It is the time of the end of the world.
This is not correct. The parable of the virgins is what happens at the beginning of chapter 25. And we can I showed you above that it was about the marriage supper. We can clearly see in Rev 19 that the marriage supper happens before Gog/Magog and the end of the world.

Rev 19
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Luk 21:33

Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Luk 21:34

And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

(
Mat 25:13
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
You are really confused. The day being talked about is the Day of the Lord. We can prove that by continuing to read the next verses of Luke. We see that the day will come as a snare for those that dwell on the earth. Then we see that there is an escape for those that are worthy, and they can escape ALL THE THINGS that will come to pass. That's the false Christs, wars and rumors of wars, famines, pestilence etc, etc.......all the things. The church can escape all the things that will come to pass. The twelve tribes will go through the tribulation and will see the signs of His coming. They are told to look up.......their redemption draws nigh. Then the seventh seal is opened and the wrath of God begins.

Luke 21
35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll believe the pre trib rapture when I see it happen. Meanwhile for those who think it is found in Matthew 24 someplace, you are mis guided, it isn't there. This idea that two are in a field , one taken away, the other left behind is not what you think. It's proven out in the parallel vs found in Luke 17 where yes it also says they were taken away, but to what ? DISTRUCTION !!!

You are mistaken. The destruction talked about is the day of the Lord. Those left stay for the wrath of God.

Upvote 0