• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

End of Times...does this freak you out too?

Purple Hyacinth

John 3:16
Mar 8, 2013
San Fran Bay Area
✟7,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, I am Christian and I know I am saved. However, I get so freaked out reading about the "end of times". I go to those message boards, either here or other forums, and I leave totally in a panic. Honestly, I don't want to live when the anti-Christ comes. I fear for my loved ones and children, etc... I pray daily that those who don't know the Lord, will get to know Him soon!!

Reading about the New Pope and the conspiracy theories that this will be the "last one" and others thinking and writing about how the end is near, much nearer than anyone realizes has me spooked, yet I cannot keep from going back and reading and scaring myself even more!!!

Any advice? Do any of you fear the end of times and that the a/c could come at any moment and we may have to live thru pain and agony? Unless the rapture occurs and we are out of here?

WillowBean

Feb 14, 2013
✟15,130.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow! You just typed everything I have been feeling for the last couple weeks. I also frequent these boards and leave in a state of panic. I've been praying about it a lot lately and realizing visiting those sites are hindering my walk with The Lord. Does knowing these things help us? I don't think so. Sometimes I believe that Satan is happy when I'm consumed with fear because then I am not as effective as I should be. So the easy solution for me is to avoid reading the things that upset me.

Upvote 0

Happy to help

Feb 19, 2013
United States-New Jersey
✟7,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Avoid reading. Try not to fear. You love god and he loves you,through the good and the bad. If the end times are near, then so is our eternal salvation. Remember that our purpose on earth is to just love each other and to praise god. So keep on loving and keep on praising, god doesn't want us Christians to be worried about anything! You know who wants to fill you with fear and anxiety.

Upvote 0

Purple Hyacinth

Mar 8, 2013
San Fran Bay Area
✟7,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow! You just typed everything I have been feeling for the last couple weeks. I also frequent these boards and leave in a state of panic. I've been praying about it a lot lately and realizing visiting those sites are hindering my walk with The Lord. Does knowing these things help us? I don't think so. Sometimes I believe that Satan is happy when I'm consumed with fear because then I am not as effective as I should be. So the easy solution for me is to avoid reading the things that upset me.
Thanks for responding. I feel the same way you do that this could be Satan's way of keeping me from real, valued time with God. I felt Satan was trying to instill fear into me and cause me more anxiety. I suffer from anxiety and fear. I have got so much better when I started praying more and relying on God. I deleted several private groups from my facebook account that deal with Biblican Prophesy, and I am really trying to wean myself off of the end of times boards. I only come to the one on here now, still daily, but it seems like the same posters post the same things over and over and over again, where I don't even take it seriously anymore!

Upvote 0

Purple Hyacinth

Mar 8, 2013
San Fran Bay Area
✟7,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Avoid reading. Try not to fear. You love god and he loves you,through the good and the bad. If the end times are near, then so is our eternal salvation. Remember that our purpose on earth is to just love each other and to praise god. So keep on loving and keep on praising, god doesn't want us Christians to be worried about anything! You know who wants to fill you with fear and anxiety.

thank you! That does indeed help!

Upvote 0

Logeth

My name is Denisa.
Aug 23, 2011
Romania
Visit site
✟9,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi dear.

Yes, I had this problem many years. I was so scared about it because all the stories my grandma used to tell me and all the images that the media projects. What helped me was drawing near to God. If you really know that you belong to him (I realized I was terrified because I did not fully believed I was saved), the End will benefit you. Yes, it will be hard but God will help you. Try to draw near to God by praying, reading the Word, praising and worshiping.

Also, you need to get a grip of eternity. What is life on Earth? 70-80 years at the best. And then a whole eternity with God! If you manage to comprehend that life on earth is so short and to see things from eternal perspective, you might get delivered. Life under the sun is vanity, the Ecclesiastes said. I would suggest a study about eternity and how life will be when we'll get to our real home, about our rewards we will receive. Like this, you will also get more focused to do the good deeds He already established for you. You fear pain and agony, but they will be nothing compared to the glory that awaits those who resist till the end. When you will finally get a grip of this, fear will have to flee.

Lastly, it is written that God didn't give us a spirit of fear. Fear, if it is not the biblical fear of God, is not from Him. Oppose it when it comes mainly by quoting verses like this.

Upvote 0

Chococat

I love Jesus and kittycats
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟10,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can totally relate to this as I sometimes worry about the End Times. I have often come from message boards etc, where people have been discussing, this in a near panic.:argh: I too struggle with anxiety and this sort of thing has made me even worse. It's something I still struggle with at times. I will say it is a relief to know there are other Christians who feel the same way as I have come across so many Christians who seem to be actually looking forward to the Last Days because it means the Lord's Return. Such people just end up making me feel guilty, inadequate and a bad Christian.:(

Upvote 0

truthislight

Jan 6, 2013
USA MD
✟7,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First of all, I am Christian and I know I am saved. However, I get so freaked out reading about the "end of times". I go to those message boards, either here or other forums, and I leave totally in a panic. Honestly, I don't want to live when the anti-Christ comes. I fear for my loved ones and children, etc... I pray daily that those who don't know the Lord, will get to know Him soon!!

Reading about the New Pope and the conspiracy theories that this will be the "last one" and others thinking and writing about how the end is near, much nearer than anyone realizes has me spooked, yet I cannot keep from going back and reading and scaring myself even more!!!

Any advice? Do any of you fear the end of times and that the a/c could come at any moment and we may have to live thru pain and agony? Unless the rapture occurs and we are out of here?

I do belive in our lifetime things are going to get real. But with that being said get closer to GOD. That may be why hes been leading you to these type of things. I personally just want to know all the time. But he may be saying its time to get close to me.
But now with that being said, do not fear! its a commandment! Just think about either how great heaven is or how horrible this sinful condition is or how horrible hell is. Stay leaning on Jesus'

Upvote 0

Purple Hyacinth

Mar 8, 2013
San Fran Bay Area
✟7,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi dear.

Yes, I had this problem many years. I was so scared about it because all the stories my grandma used to tell me and all the images that the media projects. What helped me was drawing near to God. If you really know that you belong to him (I realized I was terrified because I did not fully believed I was saved), the End will benefit you. Yes, it will be hard but God will help you. Try to draw near to God by praying, reading the Word, praising and worshiping.

Also, you need to get a grip of eternity. What is life on Earth? 70-80 years at the best. And then a whole eternity with God! If you manage to comprehend that life on earth is so short and to see things from eternal perspective, you might get delivered. Life under the sun is vanity, the Ecclesiastes said. I would suggest a study about eternity and how life will be when we'll get to our real home, about our rewards we will receive. Like this, you will also get more focused to do the good deeds He already established for you. You fear pain and agony, but they will be nothing compared to the glory that awaits those who resist till the end. When you will finally get a grip of this, fear will have to flee.

Lastly, it is written that God didn't give us a spirit of fear. Fear, if it is not the biblical fear of God, is not from Him. Oppose it when it comes mainly by quoting verses like this.
Thank you! This was very helpful

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IvinViljoen

Mar 27, 2013
South Africa
Visit site
✟7,693.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I don't believe it's gonna happen, and you shouldn't fear. I could go on a tangent but I may be labelled a dominionist, Kingdom now, so-and-so. And I don't want to lose friends I am yet to make.

Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0

4Love4ever

Nov 17, 2012
✟7,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Try not to fear, Pray and leave everything in the lords hands, Heaven is a beautiful place and so is the Lord I know it does sound scary try not to dwell on it Only God will know when it will take place I know I have feared because we are only human but I know where were going is a much nicer place! :)

Upvote 0

Capn Coon

Jesus Christ is God
Jun 12, 2013
✟7,632.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I feel the tension? The suspence of it all. The end times, the conspiracies, wars, natural disasters, the precarious economic instability world wide, terrorism, the civil unrest in the middle east and europe. I can feel it on the inside, like a pulling apart on the inside in all directions. I am right there with you. I would certainly prefer the pretrib senario and not have to go through it.

Upvote 0

GreatSpeckledBird

Jun 1, 2013
Amarillo Texas
✟8,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well there's a lot of confusion and disagreement about eschatology (end times) prophecy. Many of us believe this could be the gog/magog war & that the tribulation was in 70a.d. fall of Jerusalem. There's great debate over this issue.

As far as yourself, you shouldn't be worried because you're a Christian & God will give you the grace to go through whatever He requires of you. AS far as your family, I went through severe depression over many of my lost loved ones (children & grandchildren included) but I've had to let all that go. Just pray for them and give them to Jesus. That's all you can do. Ask Him for peace daily concerning this issue & start getting involved in outreach ministries & stay away from stuff that makes you fear.

Jesus is Lord and He has to be first in your life, even before your family. We have to seek His will and do it, especially in these times. Trust me, I've been through this. Give everything to God in prayer & do whatever He's leading you to do. Let the rest , rest with Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums