United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It reads:

I’m hearing and reading that Traditional Latin Mass attendance in USA is up as much as 50% in some USA churches since last year. Do you see a tick up in attendance where you worship God at the TLM?​

Dr Taylor Marshall on Twitter

I just thought this was great confirmation of things I've heard lately.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I really like Dr. Taylor Marshall. I feel a bit left out though. I have never had it offered in my area or the surrounding ones.

I know, wouldn't ya know it... my parish stopped offering it about a year before I joined RCIA. I've talked to the RCIA coordinator about writing a letter to Bishop Soto and asking him about it, just expressing that there's valid interest in it and everything. I gotta make sure I execute the whole thing perfectly though if it's going to work.

I was hoping we could make some sort of arrangement with the FSSP but I don't think they'd go for it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well you know the Church, slower than molasses. As far as FSSP, I think that would be a definite no. I would not even mention them if you do write a letter. It would be quickly ignored.
I know, wouldn't ya know it... my parish stopped offering it about a year before I joined RCIA. I've talked to the RCIA coordinator about writing a letter to Bishop Soto and asking him about it, just expressing that there's valid interest in it and everything. I gotta make sure I execute the whole thing perfectly though if it's going to work.

I was hoping we could make some sort of arrangement with the FSSP but I don't think they'd go for it.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well you know the Church, slower than molasses. As far as FSSP, I think that would be a definite no. I would not even mention them if you do write a letter. It would be quickly ignored.

Yeah. They have an FSSP parish down in Sacramento, but since the FSSP doesn't integrate with diocesan parishes there's no feasible way to do it. We'd have to have a diocesan priest who can offer Mass in Latin, my friend said it'd probably involve sending a priest back east to train for it. :(

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just saying... tow the line when it comes to the bishop. Bishops get lots of letters that could be considered (out of the loop). They are quickly discarded. Just write a letter that makes very good points on its own merit without referring to anything that could be frowned upon. It's just an easy way out for clergy to ignore the needs of the laity when it comes to the Mass.
Yeah. They have an FSSP parish down in Sacramento, but since the FSSP doesn't integrate with diocesan parishes there's no feasible way to do it. We'd have to have a diocesan priest who can offer Mass in Latin, my friend said it'd probably involve sending a priest back east to train for it. :(

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just saying... tow the line when it comes to the bishop. Bishops get lots of letters that could be considered (out of the loop). They are quickly discarded. Just write a letter that makes very good points on its own merit without referring to anything that could be frowned upon. It's just an easy way out for clergy to ignore the needs of the laity when it comes to the Mass.

Fair enough. I talked about it with my RCIA coordinator, she didn't think it was a bad idea, I was gonna run it by her before I ever sent it to him. I'll mull it over some more. He sounds very on board with the restoration project planned out for our parish, so that gives me a glimmer of hope because he's essentially praising something traditional. He thought the wreckovation they did to the parish in the 60s was a terrible thing.

Nevertheless, I'll try to be shrewd if I do anything at all.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Keep me updated. I'd be interested to know what happens if you do write.
Fair enough. I talked about it with my RCIA coordinator, she didn't think it was a bad idea, I was gonna run it by her before I ever sent it to him. I'll mull it over some more. He sounds very on board with the restoration project planned out for our parish, so that gives me a glimmer of hope because he's essentially praising something traditional. He thought the wreckovation they did to the parish in the 60s was a terrible thing.

Nevertheless, I'll try to be shrewd if I do anything at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums