Encouragement for Singles (Married Couples too)

jazzypooh

A Jewel In His Sight
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
✟17,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Encouragement for Singles & Married Couples

God really dealt with me in this area a month ago, and I wanted to share it with you all. It was originally intended just for singles, but I believe married couples can benefit from it as well. I pray it blesses you all and encourages your heart.

Genesis 2:18
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

"It is not good for man to be alone." These are the words of God. That means God is understanding and will provide you with HIS mate for you at His appointed time.

God knew from eternity that He would create Adam. He also knew from eternity that He would create Eve, Adam's wife. That means that when God creates us, He creates a spouse for us as well - one that will be suitable, adapted and complementary to us. So God has predestined every aspect of our lives, including who we will marry. God has already pre-ordained who He desires for us to marry. That's why all we have to do is remain faithful to God and seek Him ABOVE ALL ELSE, and He will lead us into His perfect will for our lives.

Genesis 2:21 (Amp)
And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam; and while he slept, He took one of his ribs or A PART OF HIS SIDE and closed up the [place with] flesh.

God took more than just a rib from Adam when He made him a wife... He took an entire SIDE of Adam... not just a piece of him. This shows the significance of the woman to the man and the man to the woman. God knows exactly who your other half or who your other SIDE is, because He created them when He created you.

Genesis 2:22 (Amp)
And the rib or part of his side which the Lord God had taken from the man He built up and made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

God led these two to each other. It says HE brought her to the man... She didn't bring herself to him (Proverbs 18:22). That's why all you have to do is just stay in the will of God and let God do His work in your life. You don't have to scheme and manipulate and put witchcraft on a man to make him marry you! You don't even have to try to get his attention. God will get his attention and bring you two together. All you have to do is stay in the will of God and keep drawing nigh unto God. Seek His face and not what's in His hand, and if you please Him then it's automatic that He'll open His hand to you, because you've delighted yourself in Him instead of seeking Him for what He can give you (Psalm 37:4-5).

When Eve woke up from her sleep, she was already satisfied with God before she even knew anything about Adam... She wasn't looking for Adam ladies... And that's why God brought her to Adam. All you have to do is become satisfied with God and realize that HE is the One that supplies all of your needs according to His riches in glory. Stop looking for Adam, and start seeking God instead. That's when He's able to bring you to your 'Adam' and unite the two as one...

Even after you get married, God still demands first place in your heart. That's why it's so important for us as singles to find that place of intimacy with God BEFORE marriage. We are not to worship the creation more than the Creator (Romans 1:25)... Adam messed up when he put Eve before God, and they both fell into sin. God is a jealous God and wants first place in your heart for eternity (Deuteronomy 6:5; Exodus 20:5). The only way that Christ can be the Head of your life and marriage is if He remains first place in your heart (Ephesians 5:23).

Genesis 2:23
And Adam said, This [creature] is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

When God brought Eve to Adam, he instantly recognized who she was to him. He said, 'bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh.' God gave him the ability to discern who she was to him. Eve didn't have to say a word. She didn't have to introduce herself. She didn't have to sneak and connive. She didn't even have to do any work throughout the entire process. All she had to do was remain in the will of God, and God led her right to Adam... her other side. And when God brought Eve to Adam, he was able to INSTANTLY recognize who she was to him. He knew she was his wife, because he was in the will of God as well. So he walked in discernment, Men of God. That's how he was able to recognize his wife. That's how you will be able to recognize your wife... by walking in discernment and close fellowship with the Lord. Both of you MUST be in the will of God. That means BOTH of you first of all must be saved... Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers (2 Corinthians 6:14). How can a person be in the will of God and not be saved? That's not possible. And if they're not saved, then how can it be God's will for you two to be married?

Genesis 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall CLEAVE unto his wife: and they shall be ONE FLESH.

The only way you can leave your father and your mother and get out of their house is if you're stable and mature enough to survive on your own. That means being financially stable and mature, mentally stable and mature, spiritually stable and mature... In other words, you have to be READY for marriage. You can't say you're ready if you don't even have a place to stay, whether you're male or female. You should bring more than just yourself into the marriage. The two of you will have to survive with just each other and God. So if you can't survive with just you by yourself, then how can you take on the responsibility of a marriage?

Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy DESIRE shall be to thy husband and he shall rule over thee.

This is the punishment and the result of Eve's sin. Not only does she have pain in child bearing, but her DESIRE shall be to the man as opposed to God. Desire here means TURNING. In other words, she has turned her desire away from God and towards man... You see this all the time in society... Nowadays everything that a woman does is to please a man or attract attention from a man, instead of pleasing God and attracting God's attention. But Jesus came to reverse this, so that our new desire will be towards God rather than man... Therefore, putting things back into DIVINE ORDER... Jesus came to restore divine order. When Eve woke up her desire was not for Adam... She was already satisfied with God. That's the order Christ wants to restore again in the lives of women.

Genesis 3:17
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

God had already given Adam specific instructions, but he chose instead to hearken unto the voice of his wife. That's not saying husbands shouldn't listen to their wives, but it is saying that after you know for a fact that you've received direction from God, any other voice speaking contrary to that has satan as its source. Men have to be careful that they are not allured by strange women:

Proverbs 6: 23-24
23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: 24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.

Men are seduced today the same way Eve seduced Adam... by words of deception. When Delilah pursued Samson, she was PERSISTENT. She kept talking to him and using the flattery of the tongue until he gave in, and as a result Samson lost his strength and was taken into bondage by the Philistines. Everytime a man gives in to a woman (sexually) that's not his wife, he loses strength (spiritually). Don't allow a woman to take your strength from you, Men of God. It will only lead you into bondage.

When Christ is not the Head of a man, man begins to operate under the curse. When Christ is not the Head of a woman, she turns to man (who has no direction without God) to lead her and to validate her and give her a sense of self-worth (something that can only come from God), instead of realizing that she is fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God and accepted in the Beloved of God. This is why a marriage without Christ will never work... The man will continually be without guidance and the woman will continually be unfulfilled on the inside, because both of you are operating under a curse (Genesis 3:16-17).

So the goal is that you make Christ your Head, and give Him first place in your life above any and everything. Marriage is supposed to be a reflection of the relationship between Christ and His Bride (the Church). You will not be ready for a marriage until you come into a FULL understanding of this. The only way that will happen is if you seek God instead of a mate, give your entire being over to Him, and allow Him to make you marriage material through your marriage to Him.

Ephesians 5:17, 23-27
17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is..... 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Love,
~jazzy

jazzypooh

A Jewel In His Sight
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
✟17,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know, I am pretty sure (but I can't remember the verse, even in paraphrase) that Paul instructs those married to heathen to remain married to them if they can.

JM

i'm not sure on what you're saying... i know the scripture you are referring to but i'm not clear on how you are relating it to the OP... :confused: maybe you can clarify what you mean?

Love,
~jazzy

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am saying that a marriage that wasn't made with a christian or was a 'bad' reason should not be given up on. Your post (not the OP) gives that impression.

It is true that some marriages are doomed at the beginning because it wasn't correct. However, I think we are suppose to do everything we can to make it work.

JM

Upvote 0

jazzypooh

A Jewel In His Sight
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
✟17,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am saying that a marriage that wasn't made with a christian or was a 'bad' reason should not be given up on. Your post (not the OP) gives that impression.

It is true that some marriages are doomed at the beginning because it wasn't correct. However, I think we are suppose to do everything we can to make it work.

JM

of course. i agree with you. but you have misunderstood my post. that was not the impression given at all. in NO way, am i encouraging people to give up on their marriages... you've gone a totally different and unexpected route with this... this forum is for singles right? that post was for singles, not married Christians. i apologize for the misunderstanding.

Love,
~jazzy

Upvote 0

jazzypooh

A Jewel In His Sight
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
✟17,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i also stated in the OP that this was originally intended to be a teaching for singles. but i believe that there are some parts of it that married couples can benefit from to. but since it was originally intended for singles, then you have to read it with that perspective in mind.

Love,
~jazzy

Upvote 0

tartanarmy

I WILL NOT HATE.
Oct 16, 2008
Michigan
✟16,364.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Bible says if a non-believer wants to leave (a marriage) let them leave. That what happened to my marriage.

But as far as the OP I do agree that if you start a marriage with lies, or manipulations it will end in disaster. The Bible has some excellent relationship advice doesn't it?:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

jazzypooh

A Jewel In His Sight
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
✟17,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says if a non-believer wants to leave (a marriage) let them leave. That what happened to my marriage.

But as far as the OP I do agree that if you start a marriage with lies, or manipulations it will end in disaster. The Bible has some excellent relationship advice doesn't it?:thumbsup:

it sure does... it is truly a LIFE saver! it'll keep you from a broken heart if you take heed to it...

Love,
~jazzy

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jazzypooh

A Jewel In His Sight
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
✟17,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you write the OP yourself or copy/paste it from somewhere?

the Holy Spirit is the TRUE AUTHOR, but to answer your question i wrote it as i learned it from the Master Teacher. God gets the glory for it. whenever i copy someone else's work, i always make sure to give the original author credit for their work. i make sure to put their name on it somewhere. but i'm curious to know why you asked?

Love,
~jazzy

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
the Holy Spirit is the TRUE AUTHOR, but to answer your question i wrote it as i learned it from the Master Teacher. God gets the glory for it. whenever i copy someone else's work, i always make sure to give the original author credit for their work. i make sure to put their name on it somewhere. but i'm curious to know why you asked?

Love,
~jazzy

I'm nosy.

Upvote 0