Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An enabler is a person that encourages or enables negative or self-destructive behavior in another. Romans 1:32 talks about those that approve of the sin that others commit. This is not about our personal sin that we do in our closet. This is about being open and giving approval to people to continue in their sin. Jonathan Cahn talks about this in his book "Paradigm". With Trump this is not an issue of his personal sin, this is a issue of setting a climate where we do not approve of the sin that others want to commit. You do not bake them a cake and encourage them. This is an issue that the court is working on right now. We do not take rights away from people but we do not heartily approve of what they are doing.

"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things are worthy of death, they not only continue to do these things, but also approve of those who practice them."

Reactions: Auriga

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An enabler is a person that encourages or enables negative or self-destructive behavior in another. Romans 1:32 talks about those that approve of the sin that others commit. This is not about our personal sin that we do in our closet. This is about being open and giving approval to people to continue in their sin. Jonathan Cahn talks about this in his book "Paradigm". With Trump this is not an issue of his personal sin, this is a issue of setting a climate where we do not approve of the sin that others want to commit. You do not bake them a cake and encourage them. This is an issue that the court is working on right now. We do not take rights away from people but we do not heartily approve of what they are doing.

"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things are worthy of death, they not only continue to do these things, but also approve of those who practice them."
Then don't service any person that sins. And we will see how far a business gets.

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then don't service any person that sins. And we will see how far a business gets.
Swing and a miss, nice try though. No one is refusing to serve the sinner. We are refusing to participate in their sin. We are NOT going to approve of their sin. We are not going to decorate their cake to celebrate their sin and their transgression.

The issue is not selling them a cake or providing them with service. The issue has to do with how you decorate the cake. As a Christian we are not going to approve of this sin and transgression. If they want to sin that is up to them. We are not going to encourage them to transgress the commandments of God.

Romans 1:32 "Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

This is no different then a boss trying to force a women employee to participate in his sexual sin. You can not force people to do something that in good conscious they do not want to do. You can not force people to approve of your sin and your transgression.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I’m still waiting on Christians to end their enabling of those who break the first and second commandments.

This is no different then a boss trying to force a women employee to participate in his sexual sin.
Sexual harassment and purchasing the goods someone sells is a great deal different.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here's the issue with that position. Nobody applies it with even a tiny shred of consistency.

They purposely put the lion's share of the focus and emphasis on the "sins" that they, themselves, have an easy time abstaining from, and tend not to care too much about the ones they, themselves, either engage in, or don't have a personal problem with it.

For example, you hear of multiple cases of these bakers saying "I don't want to encourage that behavior because of my faith"...

Yet, I've yet to hear of a christian baker take a stand and try to refuse service to a fat person. Which, running a bakery, they certainly encounter (and enable) more fat people than gay people, on the grounds that the bible speaks against gluttony. And when you look at CDC data, there's no doubt that obesity has a far bigger impact on society than any sexual lifestyle could.

Why is that? (rhetorical question)

It's obviously because they personally have a stigma against gay people due to their upbringing (and they don't against fat people) so their religious doctrine is an easy crutch to use to justify their position because "the gay stuff grosses me out" just doesn't have the same righteous ring to it.

It's the basic hypocritical position of "the sins I personal dislike more should be viewed as "super sins" and be given a special stigma"

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we will see how far a business gets.
They will do just fine because they Honor God and God will Honor them. Their business will continue to grow. I had a business when I started out a $100 job was a big deal then over time the business grew and I was doing jobs for thousands of dollars and having to hire people to help me get the work done. Look at the people that start off in their garage like Walt Disney and how big they have grown over time.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sexual harassment and purchasing the goods someone sells is a great deal different.
Either way you are forcing someone to defile themselves. You can not force people to approve of your sin. If they do not approve then you are going to have to live with the fact that people do not approve of what you are doing. If what you are doing is socially unacceptable then you have to live with knowing that.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If what you are doing is socially unacceptable then you have to live with knowing that.

Yet conservative Christians are ever so reluctant to accept that their stance on homosexuals becoming socially unacceptable. Odd.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's the issue with that position. Nobody applies it with even a tiny shred of consistency.

They purposely put the lion's share of the focus and emphasis on the "sins" that they, themselves, have an easy time abstaining from, and tend not to care too much about the ones they, themselves, either engage in, or don't have a personal problem with it.

For example, you hear of multiple cases of these bakers saying "I don't want to encourage that behavior because of my faith"...

Yet, I've yet to hear of a christian baker take a stand and try to refuse service to a fat person. Which, running a bakery, they certainly encounter (and enable) more fat people than gay people, on the grounds that the bible speaks against gluttony. And when you look at CDC data, there's no doubt that obesity has a far bigger impact on society than any sexual lifestyle could.

Why is that? (rhetorical question)

It's obviously because they personally have a stigma against gay people due to their upbringing (and they don't against fat people) so their religious doctrine is an easy crutch to use to justify their position because "the gay stuff grosses me out" just doesn't have the same righteous ring to it.

It's the basic hypocritical position of "the sins I personal dislike more should be viewed as "super sins" and be given a special stigma"
Nonsense, that would be like saying you are a cold blooded killer because you promote the use of guns. I sold knives for years. I had lots of people tell me I should not sell knives because a knife can be used to harm people. A knife in the hands of a doctor can also be used to heal people. I always encouraged people to use a knife for good, to build, to heal, to prepare their food. But in the end the decision is their decision and not mine. I can only try to encourage them to do what is good and what is right.

I am sort of strict myself. I would not work in a convenience store to sell alcohol where people are going to harm themselves. So I can understand that selling sugar is said to be harmful to people. Only they tell me a carb is a carb and you have to eat carbs just don't go over 300 carbs a day. So we would encourage the fat people to follow the guidelines and to eat right and to eat in moderation. I have battled weight for a lot of my life. I lost over 100 pounds once. So I know weight can be a real struggle.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet conservative Christians are ever so reluctant to accept that their stance on homosexuals becoming socially unacceptable. Odd.
It was until Trump got elected. Lots of people have personal sin, but the issue is when you approve of the sin in others. This is a point in the best selling book Paradigm. Now that he is elected all of a sudden lots of things are no longer considered to be acceptable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

badatusernames

Nov 14, 2017
US
✟22,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was until Trump got elected. Lots of people have personal sin, but the issue is when you approve of the sin in others. This is a point in the best selling book Paradigm. Now that he is elected all of a sudden lots of things are no longer considered to be acceptable.

Better for white conservative Christians, worse for literally everyone else.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Any proof of this alleged sudden radical shift in the public’s views?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Swing and a miss, nice try though. No one is refusing to serve the sinner. We are refusing to participate in their sin. We are NOT going to approve of their sin. We are not going to decorate their cake to celebrate their sin and their transgression.
Christians approve of people sins all the time . It's called doing your job an minding your own business. Which Christians tend to do, unless it has to do with gay people.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians approve of people sins all the time . It's called doing your job an minding your own business. Which Christians tend to do, unless it has to do with gay people.
Minding your own business is not the same as demanding that you make them a cake. Of course in this day and age the liberals pay people to accuse others and bear false witness. Is that minding your own business when you falsely accuse people?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any proof of this alleged sudden radical shift in the public’s views?
Perhaps your right, this has been going on at last back to Jezebel in the Bible. So there is nothing new about any of this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Better for white conservative Christians, worse for literally everyone else.
Everyone benefits from lower taxes and a better economy. Even the people that want to sit down and do nothing to contribute toward making this a better world.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps your right, this has been going on at last back to Jezebel in the Bible. So there is nothing new about any of this.
Was that a yes or no?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I think your right there is nothing new only things seem to be getting worse.
Do you have evidence to support your assertion os a radical change in views about homosexuals by the US public, yes or no?

Upvote 0

badatusernames

Nov 14, 2017
US
✟22,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Everyone benefits from lower taxes and a better economy. Even the people that want to sit down and do nothing to contribute toward making this a better world.

Economics is only one factor in society, and not what I was referring to.

Upvote 0