Kosice
✟58,829.00
Country
Slovakia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Right, struggle against sin described in Bible is not easy maybe because it is described complicated or in parables and people doesn´t understand it how to do it, even they would like to do it.

What I say is that pray is easy to do. Pray for removing of bad emotions like injustice, injuries, anger or anxiety from our hearts is easy also, we know how to pray. Repeat to do it till time as we don´t feel even injury or other bad emotion, shouldn´t be so difficult also, because we should pray everytime we feel bad.

Right, we are not victims of devil, and devil use our injuries and feeling of injusties and make us angry and hateful. Are we responsible for our injuries we have? Because this use devil and make us angry what should we be responsible for.

Therefore I ask people for praying for removing of injuries and other bad emotions from their hearts and than devil will not have possibility to influence us to be angry.

Maybe now you see difference what we talk about together. You are talking about temptation which leads to sin and I am talking about injuries which lead to sin.

I am sure that devil use temptation and sin of people, that they fall down in their lifes and will be harmed and than they start to believe to God but maybe it will be too late.

But I want to help people, which have been harmed and feel injuries. Many of them stop to believe to God and start to hate others and be angry and do evil. Because evil do evil.

Really what is difficult on praying for removing of bad emotions like feeling of injuries from hearts and avoid to be angry and hate other?

Upvote 0

How to live

Oct 20, 2021
Kosice
✟58,829.00
Country
Slovakia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We all call for responsibillity for our acts. God expects us to resist temptation. If the devil tempts us with a sin that is pleasant to us, such as alcohol, infidelity, desire for another woman, lying, laziness, we must strictly follow God's commandments.

But what if someone injure us or hurts us. Can we be strong enough, in faith, have will, mind and resist temptation? Not to take revenge, not to be angry, to love the person who hurt us and forgive him?

I had debates on websites and personal debates as well, where Christians told me that we ourselves are primarily responsible for our sins. That we have to fight against sin with mind and will, and the role of the devil in this case is small.

If someone tells us that we are stupid, it hurts us a lot. We feel humiliated. Weak and unhappy. Then the devil tempts us and whispers to us: hate him, he hurt you, take revenge on him, he is the devil who humiliates you and hates you.

And I ask everyone, when we are thus humiliated, weak, defenseless and unhappy, are we still responsible for whether we make sin and cannot resist the temptation to hate our fellow and listen to the devil's whispers? Can anyone even do it? There are probably very few such people, because we argue with each other, we get into conflicts, we can't forgive each other. And the devil's share is probably quite large in this, when he can easily influence and do evil to so many people.

It probably won't be very fair to hold people responsible in such cases. One would expect some help or advice from the church rather than rebuke. Yes, it is assumed that if a person does a bad thing, for example, he will succumb to temptation and will be punished for the sin, that he will not do that evil again, means, that the punishment its relevance. However, we usually do not punish the injured person, and the punished person often commits evil again.

Means that even though pastors admonish Christians to resist sin, i.e. that even when they are harmed and humiliated, they will not get angry and will not start hating their fellow, but the reality is that in most cases people are so wounded and weak in faith , that even if they don't want to, they still succumb to the devil's temptation and sin, so they get angry, hate and cannot forgive.

It is not enough to just criticize people for being irresponsible and tell them that they should fight against sin with will and mind even if they are wounded and cannot resist the devil's temptation even if they really want to. Such people need to be helped in some way, given a crutch to help them and when they are humiliated, they should be called to pray for them to get rid of the feeling of humiliation and all the bad feelings such as anger, hatred or vindictiveness that they have in their hearts. Since God will help them in this, people will not feel hurt and even if the devil will tempt them to sin, to hate their fellow and not forgive him because he has hurt them, they will say to themselves: I no longer feel the humiliation that God has freed me from and therefore I have no reason to hate my fellow.

Perhaps it would help if, along with the confession, believers could talk about their wounds in their hearts. At the same time, if they pray for the Lord God to rid them of these injuries, the devil will not be able to use the injury to tempt people to commit sins such as anger, and perhaps evil will stop begetting evil.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
We all call for responsibillity for our acts. God expects us to resist temptation. If the devil tempts us with a sin that is pleasant to us, such as alcohol, infidelity, desire for another woman, lying, laziness, we must strictly follow God's commandments.

But what if someone injure us or hurts us. Can we be strong enough, in faith, have will, mind and resist temptation? Not to take revenge, not to be angry, to love the person who hurt us and forgive him?

I had debates on websites and personal debates as well, where Christians told me that we ourselves are primarily responsible for our sins. That we have to fight against sin with mind and will, and the role of the devil in this case is small.

If someone tells us that we are stupid, it hurts us a lot. We feel humiliated. Weak and unhappy. Then the devil tempts us and whispers to us: hate him, he hurt you, take revenge on him, he is the devil who humiliates you and hates you.

And I ask everyone, when we are thus humiliated, weak, defenseless and unhappy, are we still responsible for whether we make sin and cannot resist the temptation to hate our fellow and listen to the devil's whispers? Can anyone even do it? There are probably very few such people, because we argue with each other, we get into conflicts, we can't forgive each other. And the devil's share is probably quite large in this, when he can easily influence and do evil to so many people.

It probably won't be very fair to hold people responsible in such cases. One would expect some help or advice from the church rather than rebuke. Yes, it is assumed that if a person does a bad thing, for example, he will succumb to temptation and will be punished for the sin, that he will not do that evil again, means, that the punishment its relevance. However, we usually do not punish the injured person, and the punished person often commits evil again.

Means that even though pastors admonish Christians to resist sin, i.e. that even when they are harmed and humiliated, they will not get angry and will not start hating their fellow, but the reality is that in most cases people are so wounded and weak in faith , that even if they don't want to, they still succumb to the devil's temptation and sin, so they get angry, hate and cannot forgive.

It is not enough to just criticize people for being irresponsible and tell them that they should fight against sin with will and mind even if they are wounded and cannot resist the devil's temptation even if they really want to. Such people need to be helped in some way, given a crutch to help them and when they are humiliated, they should be called to pray for them to get rid of the feeling of humiliation and all the bad feelings such as anger, hatred or vindictiveness that they have in their hearts. Since God will help them in this, people will not feel hurt and even if the devil will tempt them to sin, to hate their fellow and not forgive him because he has hurt them, they will say to themselves: I no longer feel the humiliation that God has freed me from and therefore I have no reason to hate my fellow.

Perhaps it would help if, along with the confession, believers could talk about their wounds in their hearts. At the same time, if they pray for the Lord God to rid them of these injuries, the devil will not be able to use the injury to tempt people to commit sins such as anger, and perhaps evil will stop begetting evil.
James 1:14 "...but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin..."

Upvote 0