Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,017.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I attended a Free Will Baptist church while going to college. One evening we had a footwashing / communion service. Having never been to one my flesh fought me all the way to church that night. During the service there was such tears and shouting, wow! They would pray over you as they washed the feet and it was really a dramatic sight. It was really done decent and there was such a clean spiritual sensation afterwards as I cannot describe.

I then went to the Wesleyan/Methodist based Pentecostal Holiness church and we would have revival like the Methodist 100 years before us. I remember as a teenager it was restaurant work in the morning, the hay field in the afternoon, and the revival at night. To me it was utopia here on planet earth. The old timers would really get into church service. I remember them crowding behind me at the altar with much tears and emotion.

Today every one sits back all somber looking like images on a totem pole. Do any get emotional in Church anymore?

• Winner
Reactions: ilovejcsog

step_by_step

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2018
United States
✟90,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just started going to a church where everyone is very expressive during worship. They're more quiet during the sermon but during worship they sing and praise God with their whole hearts. I find it really refreshing, having come from a church where everyone was stiff and unfeeling during praise. I wish more churches still showed emotion

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
i DO, But I am an easy cry person. Sometimes the beauty of it all makes me cry when it comes to church, the Godliness, etc.
They that sow in tears shall reap with joy

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I attended a Free Will Baptist church while going to college. One evening we had a footwashing / communion service. Having never been to one my flesh fought me all the way to church that night. During the service there was such tears and shouting, wow! They would pray over you as they washed the feet and it was really a dramatic sight. It was really done decent and there was such a clean spiritual sensation afterwards as I cannot describe.

I then went to the Wesleyan/Methodist based Pentecostal Holiness church and we would have revival like the Methodist 100 years before us. I remember as a teenager it was restaurant work in the morning, the hay field in the afternoon, and the revival at night. To me it was utopia here on planet earth. The old timers would really get into church service. I remember them crowding behind me at the altar with much tears and emotion.

Today every one sits back all somber looking like images on a totem pole. Do any get emotional in Church anymore?
For me, it has to do with trust issues, sometimes I guard my heart, especially in church or in a church service... I also take it with a certain kind of seriousness sometimes...

I'm not dead, I'm guarded, and there is a difference, I'm still listening, still hearing, still paying attention, very much so, and feeling it still sometimes or a lot of the time also...

Many others just are not, they're kind of "dead" really, just going through the motions, doin the religious thing just for the sake of doing the religious thing, and not really paying attention at all, no ears to hear or eyes to see, I do have however, and that is not dead in me...

God Bless!

• Prayers
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
speaking of crying, did anyone see Star Wars on tonight? That was so sad. I wasn't expecting to see the original princess Leah since her and her mother died in real life. I didn't know this was made before their death so I wasn't expecting that.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
For me, it has to do with trust issues, sometimes I guard my heart, especially in church or in a church service... I also take it with a certain kind of seriousness sometimes...

I'm not dead, I'm guarded, and there is a difference, I'm still listening, still hearing, still paying attention, very much so, and feeling it still sometimes or a lot of the time also...

Many others just are not, they're kind of "dead" really, just going through the motions, doin the religious thing just for the sake of doing the religious thing, and not really paying attention at all, no ears to hear or eyes to see, I do have however, and that is not dead in me...

God Bless!
We really can't be sure what outward appearances are hiding inside. Only God knows for sure. I was acquainted with a person for many years and always saw this cold and hateful person. Then the real person came forward and has such a warm and loving heart.. I was so glad when he finally dropped his wall. What a joy to behold after 8? years of callous meanness.We can only pray for them and hope God touches them if we feel that way about some people

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Its a different kind of emotion, RtV, that's all. And I assure you that it is, or can be, deeply moving and meaningful, although not as sweaty or noisy. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,063,017.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Its a different kind of emotion, RtV, that's all. And I assure you that it is, or can be, deeply moving and meaningful, although not as sweaty or noisy. ;)

I went to my dads Lutheran church where we had Thanksgiving meal and church service/communion afterwards. Everyone behaved themselves like Christians and communion was served honorably. I was thrilled with the service and was sure to thank the organizers.

Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟548,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Good topic / thread.
---
I have been in different camps during my spiritual journey.
- More expressive/emotional and less emotional.
---
It is more about being "sensitive to moving/anointing of His Spirit".
I do prefer/like more expressive/ emotional camp.

Blessings,

Upvote 0