United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the "I can do whatever I want" files:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1b32d6-ef52-11e9-89eb-ec56cd414732_story.html

WaPo said:
President Trump has awarded the 2020 Group of Seven summit of world leaders to his private company, scheduling the summit for June at his Trump Doral golf resort outside Miami, the White House announced Thursday.
That decision is without precedent in modern American history: The president used his public office to direct a massive contract to himself. The G-7 summit draws hundreds of diplomats, journalists and security personnel and provides a worldwide spotlight.

What a surprise.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A surprise ? (not)
Sarcasm.

Don't most politicians in every country do similarly ? (and most corporate executives/ owners/ etc )
No, mostly in dictatorships and failed states. Well maintained economies have laws which the leaders actually follow (or get ousted).

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope because he has already agreed any income from his properties from other countries is given to the treasury department.

They already have sent over 150,000 in 2018 alone

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...-check-us-treasury-profit-foreign-governments

LEOPOLD FOIA Trump Treasury Check

But thanks for playing the “What’s next in the Impeachment game”
I don't believe it is legal for him to direct large government contracts to himself and deprive the competition of their chance at the income. This is the basis for one of the lawsuits against him already.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe it is legal for him to direct large government contracts to himself and deprive the competition of their chance at the income. This is the basis for one of the lawsuits against him already.

it’s worth restating just for the fun of it.

Trump does not profit from it, if anyone profits from it, the Treasury department does. That is where the money goes to.

that, an just an FYI. A couple nights in a hotel is not a large government contract. I doubt if the whole thing would come to more than three or four months of Hunter Bidens pay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In Europe acting like that would earn you a one way ticket to the nearest jail.
OR a promotion with a raise, or elimination of some enemies, secretly or not. etc etc ....
The problems in every country have been publicized frequently, at times over the last century.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it’s worth restating just for the fun of it.

Trump does not profit from it, if anyone profits from it, the Treasury department does. That is where the money goes to.
Donald has claimed to have remitted the hotel profits from certain guest (foreign heads of states, but not lobbyists and favor-seekers) but we have no way of knowing whether the accounting is accurate or not as he has not opened his books to scrutiny.

that, an just an FYI. A couple nights in a hotel is not a large government contract. I doubt if the whole thing would come to more than three or four months of Hunter Bidens pay.
You're right that a couple of nights in a hotel is not a large government contract, but hosting an entire summit at his private resort is. The nights' stays are just icing on that cake. Plus, this is not one of his hotels that he included, this is one of his resorts.

Ethics experts have criticized the pledge Trump made at a news conference held days before his inauguration because it didn't include all his properties, such as his resorts, and left it up to Trump to define "profit." The pledge was supposedly made to ameliorate the worry that Trump was violating the Constitution's emoluments clause, which bans the president's acceptance of foreign gifts and money without Congress' permission.
Trump Org donated $151,470 to gov't from foreign profits at hotels

Hunter Biden did not award a contract to himself, did he? Burisma, a private company, paid him to be on their board.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Evidence?
How to Study the Bible - Google Books Result
Google Books › books
Chuck Missler - Religion
We live in a broken world doomed for ultimate destruction. We are faced daily with ... concentration camp. Corrie ten Boom relates that time in her 1971 book.
=======================================

"The real problem is that we cannot, or will not, distinguish
between the temporal and eternal. We confuse temporary
pleasures and values with eternal ones. We become spiritually
cross-eyed, and our only cure is the cross. Paul identified
those things that were temporary, and nailed them to the
cross. His attitude was, “The world is nailed to the tree like
a criminal. The world is doomed.
I will take the world with
all its rottenness and nail it to the cross. It is crucified to
me.” That was Paul's solution. It should be our solution too.
Identify those things that are of this world, and execute them
on the cross."

drlestersumrall.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Treasury-of-Lester-Sumrall-Vol.-2.pdf

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eric Trump, the president’s son and the day-to-day leader of Trump’s businesses, did not immediately respond to questions about how much the president’s company would charge the U.S. or foreign governments during the event. He also did not immediately respond to questions about whether the Trump Organization would ask taxpayers to pay for upgrades to the site. One obvious concern for next year: There will be at least eight world leaders coming to this event, but at present Doral has just two “presidential suites.”

Apparently, it was Donald's idea to host the summit there. Mulvaney said that other properties were looked at, but declined to say by whom or which ones. Yeah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How to Study the Bible - Google Books Result
Google Books › books
Chuck Missler - Religion
We live in a broken world doomed for ultimate destruction. We are faced daily with ... concentration camp. Corrie ten Boom relates that time in her 1971 book.
=======================================

"The real problem is that we cannot, or will not, distinguish
between the temporal and eternal. We confuse temporary
pleasures and values with eternal ones. We become spiritually
cross-eyed, and our only cure is the cross. Paul identified
those things that were temporary, and nailed them to the
cross. His attitude was, “The world is nailed to the tree like
a criminal. The world is doomed.
I will take the world with
all its rottenness and nail it to the cross. It is crucified to
me.” That was Paul's solution. It should be our solution too.
Identify those things that are of this world, and execute them
on the cross."

drlestersumrall.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Treasury-of-Lester-Sumrall-Vol.-2.pdf
So, not actual evidence, eh? Just generalizations and insinuations.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So, not actual evidence, eh? Just generalizations and insinuations.
No in-sin-usations at all, no. Specific and true statements, as "evidenced" daily throughout history.

Likely a short (0.03 second) search on the internet could reveal more than can be read in a month, about any one country, if someone wants to look into it again. (it has all been published repeatedly for several decades, or broadcast in news or documentaries/ expose's , whistle-blowers, etc etc etc ) .... i.e. "commonly known and available"

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
OR a promotion with a raise, or elimination of some enemies, secretly or not. etc etc ....
The problems in every country have been publicized frequently, at times over the last century.

I’m sure these things do happen behind the scenes with people carefully trying to cover their tracks. A number of politicians have been caught and sent to jail for it. They don’t generally announce on TV that they’re doing it and assume no one will care.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Examples? Proof?
?? Is it possible to 'trust' policitians in any country ? (without disobeying God and God's Word ? ) Besides all the news revealed over our lifetimes, publicly disclosed, of the shenanigans of the politicians, what Scripture says is unshakeable, always true, and not to be dismissed, right !?

Of course, if there is an agenda to undo one or another party or politician, then things tend to be focused on that one, even if they are basically the same as most of all the others everywhere.

Upvote 0