Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
RestOfTheWeek_Banner01262018.jpg

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

It requires moral courage to take a position to keep the commandments of the Lord. An opposer of the truth once said that it was only weak-minded people, foolish, ignorant persons, who would turn away from the churches to keep the seventh day as the Sabbath. But a minister who had embraced the truth, replied, "If you think it takes weak-minded persons, just try it." It takes moral courage, firmness, decision, perseverance, and very much prayer to step out on the unpopular side. We are thankful that we can come to Christ as the poor suffering ones came to Christ in the temple.

Evangelism, p. 240

Sabbath Tip
Take time to study the Sabbath throughout the Scriptures. Refreshing your memory on the details of God's holy day will bolster your faith and solidify your resolve to follow all of His commandments regardless of what others choose to do now or in the future.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

It requires moral courage to take a position to keep the commandments of the Lord. An opposer of the truth once said that it was only weak-minded people, foolish, ignorant persons, who would turn away from the churches to keep the seventh day as the Sabbath. But a minister who had embraced the truth, replied, "If you think it takes weak-minded persons, just try it." It takes moral courage, firmness, decision, perseverance, and very much prayer to step out on the unpopular side. We are thankful that we can come to Christ as the poor suffering ones came to Christ in the temple.

Evangelism, p. 240

Sabbath Tip
Take time to study the Sabbath throughout the Scriptures. Refreshing your memory on the details of God's holy day will bolster your faith and solidify your resolve to follow all of His commandments regardless of what others choose to do now or in the future.
Where do you get the idea John 14:15 is talking about the law? John says: For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

The word "my" in John 14:15 is possessive. John says very clearly Jesus didn't bring the law.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Evangelism, p. 240

Sabbath Tip
Here are the commandments that the text (John 14:15) is referring to.

1 John 3:23
23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

1 Thessalonians 4:2-3
For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality.

1 Thessalonians 4:10-11
But we urge you, brethren, to excel still more, and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Evangelism, p. 240

Sabbath Tip

amen

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality.

But we urge you, brethren, to excel still more, and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you.

You did not list "do not take God's name in vain"... for those who believe that the commandments of God do not include that important commandment... please reconsider.

All attempts at a downsized-tiny-snippet-Bible must ultimately fail

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You did not list "do not take God's name in vain"... for those who believe that the commandments of God do not include that important commandment... please reconsider.

Hello Brakelite.

Don't need to mention that, because we are talking about the commandments given to Christians. Do not take God's name in vain, is for people that will take God's name in vain.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Don't need to mention that, because we are talking about the commandments given to Christians. Do not take God's name in vain, is for people that will take God's name in vain.

So then a sin for you to take God's name in vain...no matter that it is not in your list.

I think we all knew that.

No downsized Bible here

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

So then a sin for you to take God's name in vain...no matter that it is not in your list.

No downsized Bible here
Once again, people that worship Jesus cannot take God's name in vain.

Easy to understand, the law is for the unrighteous, your wasting your breath.

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Once again, people that worship Jesus cannot take God's name in vain. .

"the saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus" Rev 14:12

So then as you say - the saints walk in obedience

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

No downsized Bible here
Christians have no obligation to that covenant. We haven't down sized anything.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the commandments of God for the Christian isn't the commandments of God given exclusively to Israel.

There is NO commandments of God for the Christian!!! Christianity didnt even start up until hundreds of years after the time of the disciples. All the stuff you see in the New Testament, those believers would be considered Messianic Jews more than they would Christians, since they still kept the Sabbath, Dietary Laws and Feast Days.

There is no Jew vs Christian commands, its just 1 set of commands of all of Gods people, outside of the animals sacrificial system which was abolished and replaced with the blood of Christ to cover your sins.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the commandments of God for the Christian isn't the commandments of God given exclusively to Israel.
And the commandment not to have another god than God? To whom exclusively was that law given?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

It includes the "TEN Commandments" as even the "Baptist Confession of Faith" and D.L. Moody point out.

And Christ points to the TEN in Matthew 19
Paul points to the unit of TEN on Ephesians 6:2
And Paul quotes even more from them in Romans 13 - giving the same list as Christ.

But as we all note - none of them quote "do not take God's name in vain" -- still that is a good one as well.

And we have seen a lot of "New Covenant" Christians here in recent months.

Even though the "New Covenant made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah" Hebrews 8:6-12 where "I will write My LAW on their heart and mind"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And the commandment not to have another god than God? To whom exclusively was that law given?

Same people that God the command "Do not take God's name in vain" that is never referenced in the NT or before Sinai

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The God exclusively of Israel isn't the God for the Christian, that is, to your logic then!?

Last edited:
Upvote 0