Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry but only those who obey the Gospel will be saved.

But they have not all obeyed the gospel
. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” Romans 10:17
And what does the gospel command?

"Repent and believe." (Mk 1:15)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We agree that we must believe, however you don’t seemed convinced about obeying…

Which would bring us to obey the Gospel.

Repent means to turn to God. If we are called to turn to God then by default we are called to turn away from Satan as our lord.

The way we obey the Gospel command repent, (turn to God), is to confess Jesus Christ as our Lord.

Confessing Jesus as Lord is how we obey the Gospel, and are saved.

This is what Jesus Christ Himself commissioned Paul to do.

Words of Christ in red:

But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.
“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.
Acts 26:16-20

Again, the way we “obey the Gospel” is to confess Jesus as Lord.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:9-10

• with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Previously and thoroughly addressed in posts #186, #191, #196, #197.

Biblical believing means obeying. If a person believes yet doesn’t obey, then their believing is nor more than the believing of demons, for demons believe in God, they believe Jesus is Lord, they believe He died on the cross and rose on the third day… yet they continue to serve and obey Satan.

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!
James 2:19

JLB

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Biblical believing means obeying. If a person believes yet doesn’t obey, then their believing is nor more than the believing of demons, for demons believe in God, they believe Jesus is Lord, they believe He died on the cross and rose on the third day… yet they continue to serve and obey Satan.

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!
James 2:19

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

People ”discuss” things all the time, however we must receive the whole counsel of God, if we are to walk in the truth.

These scriptures can not be ignored if you are to understand that the only ones who will receive eternal salvation are those who obey the Gospel.

For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
1 Peter 4:17

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Romans 10:16-17

in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:8

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” John 3:36

And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

JLB

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
People ”discuss” things all the time, however we must receive the whole counsel of God, if we are to walk in the truth.
These scriptures can not be ignored if you are to understand that the only ones who will receive eternal salvation are those who obey the Gospel.
For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:8
He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.” John 3:36
And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him. Hebrews 5:9

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

How about discussing these scriptures?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I don’t anything about “Arminians”.

It’s not according me, but what the Spirit has inspired in the scriptures.

Only those who choose to obey the truth, will be saved.

• eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;
  • but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath.

God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath. Romans 2:6-8

JLB
I don't know if you are a "libertarian free-willer" or not without going back through your posts, but regardless, there's nothing you say here that I disagree with. What you said in this post does not demonstrate libertarian free-will, aka Arminianism. (That's a lazy man's definition of Arminianism, haha. Actually, it more aptly describes Pellagianism, but anyhow).

All I had meant to do was just to point out, (even if only for someone else reading the posts) that if what you claim was true, then Arminians are necessarily wrong.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe the saved will obey.

Only those who obey the Gospel will be saved.

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” Romans 10:16

If you believe those who disobey the Gospel are saved, then please share the scripture that says so.

in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:7

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Repent is to turn to God.

Words of Christ In red —

But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’
Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

If we are called to “turn to God” (repent) then we are called to turn away from Satan as our lord.

They way we obey the command to turn to God, and turn away from Satan as our lord, is to confess Jesus as Lord!

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
If we are called to “turn to God” (repent) then we are called to turn away from Satan as our lord.

They way we obey the command to turn to God, and turn away from Satan as our lord, is to confess Jesus as Lord!
Yet Romans 8 says the mind of the flesh CANNOT submit to God's law.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only those who obey the Gospel will be saved.

But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” Romans 10:16

If you believe those who disobey the Gospel are saved, then please share the scripture that says so.

in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:7

JLB
We obey the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel:

Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

So you believe salvation is by a person’s choice?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yes the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes.

Amen!

The command of the Gospel is repent.

Repent means “turn to God”.

If we are called to turn to God, then we by default are called to “turn away” from Satan as our lord.

This is what Jesus commissioned Paul to go and do.

Words of Christ in red —

But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’
“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

Therefore the way we obey the command of the Gospel to repent, is to confess Jesus Christ as Lord.

Which is what Paul teaches.

JLB

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.