Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Feb 25, 2002
Visit site
✟320.00
What is Gods Vision for my life?

1. That I might know Him

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Philippians 3:8-10 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

*God wants us to have an ongoing deepening relationship with Him. He wants us to not only know Him as the One who forgives us and gives us eternal life, but to increase in our personal knowledge of who He is and what He is like.

2.That I may become increasingly more like Him .

1 Peter 1:15-16 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;16 for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."[1]

1 Corinthians 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

And in becomming more like Him, that I would reflect His Love and life to others.

*We are to be like mirrors reflecting Gods love for us. One of my biggest challenges is doing that to those who are closest to me.

3. That I would fulfill the specific Good Works He has prepared for me to do.

Ephesians 210 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

*God has uniquely gifted each person for a specific purpose in life, to fulfill specific good works that He has prepared for us to do. We should make this our guiding purpose in life. The greatest of us is the servant to all.

How can I better understand and fulfill Gods vision for my life?

1. By regular reading and study of the bible

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

2. By being committed to the church to which God calls me.

Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.25 Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

*Our gifts are best manifested and put to work within the body of a church.

Status
Not open for further replies.