Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First of all, I want to apologize for my last thread.

I was going through a pity party. I was only focusing on myself. It was selfish and narcissistic. I do go through depression; and I will probably always go through depression. But that's not anybody's problem but my own. I am sure everybody goes through depression and yet they don't go around saying, "please love me please love me." I feel ridiculous.

I have to admit, I'm a little embarrassed by my own thread. Yes, at that time I was hurting. And I will probably go through times when I am hurting and feeling like that.

The key is not to whine and complain to other people, so that they can do something for me. I don't need the attention, or that kind of attention. I may need a little bit of attention for somebody tell me to me to grow up and be a man. But not the pity type of attention.

So I just want to apologize for whining and complaining. The truth is I shouldn't depend on other people to make me happy. That is not the answer at all. And I shouldn't focus on what people can do for me.

I mean, I saw a video of what is going on in Syria. A Teenage boy lost his mom. Families are being torn apart by the war that's going on in Syria. This kind of puts things in perspective. And yet, I'm worried about not feeling loved and what other people can do for me. Yeah, I was very very selfish.

Last edited:

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't see the thread you're mentioning, but don't apologize.

Everybody gets down sometime. Sometimes it's helpful to vent.

I do my share of complaining and then I'll hear about true hardship and it snaps me out of it. I can't imagine that there are people who never feel down.

People voice their troubles and request prayer...nothing wrong with that.

Upvote 0

cuja1

Sep 28, 2012
Springfield, IL
✟22,661.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, I want to apologize for my last thread.

I was going through a pity party. I was only focusing on myself. It was selfish and narcissistic. I do go through depression; and I will probably always go through depression. But that's not anybody's problem but my own. I am sure everybody goes through depression and yet they don't go around saying, "please love me please love me." I feel ridiculous.

I have to admit, I'm a little embarrassed by my own thread. Yes, at that time I was hurting. And I will probably go through times when I am hurting and feeling like that.

The key is not to whine and complain to other people, so that they can do something for me. I don't need the attention, or that kind of attention. I may need a little bit of attention for somebody tell me to me to grow up and be a man. But not the pity type of attention.

So I just want to apologize for whining and complaining. The truth is I shouldn't depend on other people to make me happy. That is not the answer at all. And I shouldn't focus on what people can do for me.

I mean, I saw a video of what is going on in Syria. A Teenage boy lost his mom. Families are being torn apart by the war that's going on in Syria. This kind of puts things in perspective. And yet, I'm worried about not feeling loved and what other people can do for me. Yeah, I was very very selfish.
I think it's good for people to share how they feel, it's necessary. If you don't have someone you can share your most intimate thoughts with, you should find one. But this site seems like a fairly safe place to do it.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ive had many posts that i wished i never posted.
Yeah that's me right now.. I've deleted a good bit of my blogs

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Its ok to share our struggles with each other.
Yeah I know but I used my own discretion and decided which oneswere just redundant belly aching and needed to go

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[
Yeah I know but I used my own discretion and decided which oneswere just redundant belly aching and needed to go

I wish i could delete some old accounts i had in the past. At least they are buried now.

Upvote 0

SpiritofaDove

Site Supporter
May 14, 2017
USA
✟98,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Don't be sorry or embarrassed. Everyone needs to cry sometimes, even feel a little self pity, but then you pick yourself up and keep praying. Don't be ashamed for sharing and opening up and asking for help, advice. Hang in there. I did see your other post and I'm praying for you. God bless. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The key is not to whine and complain to other people

I would say the actual key, or goal to be more specific is to be depression free. This is indeed possible, but you need to make it a priority and be determined to be depression free. Take whatever treatment is recommended for you, and make sure you are right with God. By that I don't mean being perfect and to completely stop sinning, what I mean is to know in your heart that God loves you despite your sins. And nothing can separate you from his love, as the word says. But without faith nothing you do will mean anything. Faith is vitally important, believing every word of the bible is important. When you believe the bible means what it says, and says what i means, your depression will slowly dissipate. But you shouldn't just settle for being depressed, there is a way out. You don't have to be this way.

Upvote 0