United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Subject: JONAH - Veggie Tales

Below is a letter from one of the people involved in the new VeggieTales movie "JONAH" that is coming out Oct. 4th. Please read it and pass it on to everyone you know. Big Idea is a fantastic company creating great high-quality children's programming, and now a movie, that you will be happy to have your kids watch.

Subject: Help Big Idea Productions spread the word!

Most of you know that Big Idea's very first theatrical movie, "Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie" opens in theaters the first weekend of October. We are so proud and excited to offer our country a wholesome night at the movies for the entire family!

We've had a few premieres already and the response has been wonderful! I overheard a group of girls in the bathroom afterward proclaiming it "the best movie ever!" We've also had quite a few parents share that it was the first movie they'd taken their young ones to see--and they were thrilled with the experience. No tears; much laughter. It is incredible to think that a movie that depicts God's compassion and mercy and teaches kids about "Second Chances" will be in theaters nationwide!

Most Americans believe there is a God and most parents are longing for better media alternatives--yet most of what Hollywood produces do not reflect this. They seem to believe either that it's untrue or that it can't be done (profitably). We'd like to prove they're wrong!

In order for a movie to achieve a lengthy playing time in theaters, opening weekend must be very strong--otherwise it will just disappear. So, consider forwarding this message (to those who would appreciate it) in order to help spread that word that Jonah opens Friday, October 4th at a theater near you! Let's send Hollywood a strong message of support for movies that are as excellent in content as in production. Thanks everyone!

Lisa Vischer
(Junior Asparagus)
Big Idea Productions

If we, as Christians can show Holllywood that wholesome movies can have a big weekend we will hopefully start to see a lot more.

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by SCJ
If we, as Christians can show Holllywood that wholesome movies can have a big weekend we will hopefully start to see a lot more.

Yeah, right. I do not know anything about this movie. But I am not compleatly sold on Veggie Tales. Some of the stuff they do is questionable.

Of course I attend a KJV only church, so we are a little bit careful about some of the new ways people are trying to use to present the gospel. After all, there is a very real lukewarm, apostate, harlot church out there that does not represent God at all.

There is no middle ground with God, your either for Him or against Him. You have to go all of the way or none of the way if you want to be used by Him.

I think we have to take a serious look at things like Veggie Tales to see if they really represent God, or if they represent the world church that has fallen away from Him and do not represent Him at all.

Upvote 0

Martin

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Several years ago I can across a Christian film organisation that suggested that you talked to your local cinema manager about showing the film "Jesus" (Luke's gospel).

The idea was that you prompted the film locally with advertising and promotion provided by the Film company to get the people to come and the cinema charged normal cinema prices to the film-goers. The cinema got the money, it didn't cost you anything (except effort) and a lot of people saw the film about Jesus. Naturally, the churches would be geared up to witness to the people as they left the film.

I didn't believe that it could be that easy....but the film company suggested that if I had any problem with the cinema manager, that I just let them know and they would contact the cinema chain head office. The cinema chain would ALWAYS put the film on simply because they earned mega-bucks by showing the film - the film always fills the cinema. They knew that wherever it is shown they make a major profit on the night.

I went to see the cinema manager, who wasn't at all convinced, but having heard what I said about promotion and the likely success, reluctantly offered me the smallest screen for a Wednesday evening (ther lowest attending evening). A few days later, he was on the phone to me to offer me the biggest screen they had. His head office had been contacted by the film company and they had then told him to offer me the biggest screen. I promoted the film through adverts in the local press, posters in churches and at libraries, etc., and got the churches geared up to witnessing after the showing. I must admit I was very nervous about who would turn up, but in the event, the cinema was full and they had to TURN PEOPLE AWAY.....I tell you, before God, that I am not exaggerating! Afterwards the cinema manager said that if he had known it was going to be so successful he would have offered me three nights. They'd never had a full cinema on a Wednesday night before. Christians witnessed to the people as they left the cinema and quite a number made lasting commitments.

I was amazed (perhaps I shouldn't have been) about how many people really want to know about Jesus and just how easy it is to do. So maybe you should have a go - if I could do it anyone can,. and it was soooo easy.

Upvote 0

SCJ

Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2002
Middle Georgia
✟29,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, the Jesus film that you speak of is available for viewing online in many languages now. I have the DVD. I plan to use the film on an upcoming mission trip to South America as well. I don't know what the draw would be here in Georgia since most everyone I know or talk to has seen the film already at some time or the other.

Upvote 0