Elon Musk facing challenging balancing act to reform Twitter, Babylon Bee CEO says: 'I don't envy him'

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,204,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The Babylon Bee, with the slogan "fake news you can trust," had its main account suspended by Twitter in March for "hateful content" after naming Biden official Dr. Rachel Levine, a transgender woman, as the company’s "Man of the Year." Dillion previously stated they will not delete the main account's tweet that led to its suspension.

Dillion previously stated they will not delete the main account's tweet that led to its suspension.

Dillon is now "hopeful" the platform will be improved under Musk's reign as he works to bring free speech opportunities to conservative voices that were silenced in the past, but also said many on the left will make it a challenging task.

Unfortunately FoxNews was the only one running this particular story...I typically try to avoid using their links due to the "well poisoning effect" it can have...

But I think Seth makes some valid points. Though I disagree with Seth on many an issue, I can appreciate his style of humor (as I'm a sucker for satire... I love Babylon Bee, The Onion, and The Hard Times), I wasn't fan of the humor policing that was happening on Twitter.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,433.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It makes me laugh so hard that Adam Ford's satire website has become national news. I remember the days when only a few people knew Babylon Bee existed haha. It is also weird seeing him now be called 'CEO.'
What do you mean? He's been the CEO of various firms like SpaceX, Paypal and Tesla since the turn of the millenium.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What do you mean? He's been the CEO of various firms like SpaceX, Paypal and Tesla since the turn of the millenium.
Babylon Bee CEO. I remember when Adam Ford was juts an upcoming comic artist. Now his satire site is popular, for me it is strange.

Upvote 0

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟217,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, most of the payroll and accounting team have resigned. According to this article there seems to be fewer than 2000 employees left @ Twitter.

This thread (on Twitter) explains why the mass firing of people who knew what they were doing was a bad idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums